Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 15 Feb 2017 11:14 #243986

I talked about it with a close colleague at work and she agreed with Barnes, which surprised me. The guy foreclosed on peoples homes and ruined families. But it's business, so the guy is ruthless when it comes to business, i don't know how much you can dig down on his personality just based on that. Whereas Polanski is an actual criminal, and Gibson is for sure just this huge blatant racist and misogynist. I'm not saying people should see or not see their movies. I'm saying that if you're going to hold Lego Batman to a 'dark side' because of an executive producer who is a lawful businessman, I think that might be overreaching a bit.
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 2523
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 15 Feb 2017 12:35 #243991

Being lawful under unfair laws is as immoral as being lawless under fair ones. Especially when you are in a position to influence public policy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 15 Feb 2017 12:49 #243993

At a certain point, it does get to a "well, Hitler did some nice paintings" kind of thing. But unless we know that this particular guy had an especially huge hand or influence on this or other movies, I don't see too much point in stressing about him being involved. Presumably there are major assholes involved in all kinds of shows and movies and music and businesses that we like to partake in. Shitty people are getting our money in pieces from a variety of ways, many we won't even know about. I don't begrudge pointing that out at all (this will probably happen a lot in the coming four years), but in this case it feels a bit more like a shrug, because he was an executive producer, probably among several. And yeah, it sucks, but with hundreds of others also having some investment or involvement in this movie, I'm okay with that.
  • Grudunza
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 767

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 15 Feb 2017 13:29 #243999

Can everyone move their crappy US political moans to the shitstorm forums (where it belongs) before it fucks up Barney's review totally.
  • Southernman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Eat Steel !
  • Thank you received: 336
Konieczkarian
F:ATies 'Spawn of Ameritrash' Worldwide Map: maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe...7e41fde832d5ff51&z=2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza, Black Barney, lj1983, airmarkus, Vlad

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 15 Feb 2017 19:56 #244023

I own some stock in Time Warner, which owns DC, so you are also giving money to me. I'd like to think that cancels out Mnuchin.
  • dysjunct
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 398
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza, Black Barney, airmarkus

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 16 Feb 2017 15:50 #244060

We saw this with our sons over the weekend. I really enjoyed it too, though I perhaps liked The Lego Movie a little more. Both movies throw so many jokes (visual or otherwise) at such a high rate that I almost had to tamp down my laughter to make sure I caught everything. I have probably seen The Lego Movie a dozen times now, so I'll probably like Batman Lego more when I've seen it at home more.

No doubt our kids will make that happen.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com

The Lego Batman Movie - Barney's Incorrect Five Second Reviews 18 Feb 2017 13:58 #244162

Saw this today with the male spawn. Great flick. The jokes can be quite clever sometimes. "Hooo!"

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm sure a lot of dads can relate to the interaction that occurs between the brick and batman in the phantom zone as food for thought.

Had a lot of fun and would own this own DVD.
  • Colorcrayons
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 636
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2017 14:02 by Colorcrayons.
  • Page:
Moderators: Jackwraith, wadenels, Mad Dog
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds