Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 21 May 2017 11:56 #248820

I hosted our game group's Saturday game day for the first time since the fire. Francie Pants finally kicked me in the tush and made it happen. This kick also forced us to deal with finally getting the big-ass table up to the game room. Fortunately Joey Joe Joe the drummer stopped by Wednesday as Engineer Al and I were puzzling over how to get this table up two flights of switch-back stairs, and declared that that it would be a piece of cake compared to hauling around 90 inch TVs, which is something he does on the regular as an AV guy. With his direction, he and Al were able to man handle it into the game room in a matter of minutes. So as a bonus to playing games on Saturday, we are now seriously on our way to finally converting my home office from a store room back to an office.

Read more...
  • ubarose
  • Bene Gesserit Mother
  • Thank you received: 1438
Uba WANTS a lot of shitty opinions and HAS a tray of Maker’s Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hatchling, san il defanso, Colorcrayons, aaxiom

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 21 May 2017 22:11 #248821

From this point on, two shots of bourbon at 11am on a Saturday will be known as a "Jeff Luce Breakfast."
  • engineer Al
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 428
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, stormseeker75, SuperflyTNT, repoman, aaxiom

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 21 May 2017 22:38 #248824

So what is the proper etiquette for mocking cube pushers?
  • Colorcrayons
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 816
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 22 May 2017 12:33 #248848

Suggest that they're even worse than Sisyphus?
  • Jackwraith
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 959

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 22 May 2017 16:49 #248867

I wish I was there.
  • SuperflyTNT
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 3355
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 22 May 2017 19:37 #248874

Awesome write up! Bummed I couldn't make it. Sounds like you guys had a blast.
  • Egg Shen
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 1049
Last Edit: 22 May 2017 19:37 by Egg Shen.

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 22 May 2017 20:53 #248877

Colorcrayons wrote:
So what is the proper etiquette for mocking cube pushers?

Mostly, I just roll close my eyes and think of England.
  • ubarose
  • Bene Gesserit Mother
  • Thank you received: 1438
Uba WANTS a lot of shitty opinions and HAS a tray of Maker’s Mark
Last Edit: 22 May 2017 20:53 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 15 Oct 2017 14:48 #255740

It's not exactly clear which version of Mare Nostrum you have... is it the older one? I really enjoy the older one with the expansion and the modified rules, but don't think I need the newer one. Thoughts?
  • aaxiom
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 37
Last Edit: 15 Oct 2017 14:49 by aaxiom.

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 16 Oct 2017 11:56 #255785

engineer Al wrote:
From this point on, two shots of bourbon at 11am on a Saturday will be known as a "Jeff Luce Breakfast."

I think not, my young padawan, I think not.
  • ThirstyMan
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1130

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 16 Oct 2017 12:13 #255787

aaxiom wrote:
It's not exactly clear which version of Mare Nostrum you have... is it the older one? I really enjoy the older one with the expansion and the modified rules, but don't think I need the newer one. Thoughts?

I have not played the older one so I can't directly comment, but judging from some other's comments in past plays of mine with the new version - they really appreciated some of the changes, particularly the trade portion where it restricts your choices to a pool of tokens. This means you can't choose the same number over and over.
  • charlest
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 1673

Game Day Highlights - Spurs, Mare Nostrum, Glory to Rome 16 Oct 2017 13:10 #255789

One of my great F:AT goals is to someday play a game with this group, if they'd have me. You all sound like you're playing games for the right reasons, which is altogether too rare these days.

Unfortunately the possibility is almost totally academic, since I can't seem to stay in a single place for longer than a year or so.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com
Moderators: Jackwraith, wadenels, Mad Dog
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds