October 09, 2023
2287 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

F:AT Math Trade --GLORY and REVELRY--

More
12 Apr 2012 19:56 - 13 Apr 2012 15:35 #122722 by SuperflyPete
As-Is, Carmen.

OK, so here's my day. Woke up feeling like 10 pounds of shit in a one-pound bag. Apparently a guy with bad, bad vertigo isn't supposed to pop valium for the sole purpose of completing "Oh Papa" and "I Could Make You Care" among other Fallout:New Vegas quests. Or sneak around and kill all but 4 people in the entire Caesar Fort. So 2AM rolls around, the drugs wear off, and I'm in Vault 34 with a bitch wearing power armor shooting ghouls in the face with a tricked out 9mm submachine gun.

But...the pills wore out at 1:30. So, I'm sick as a dog.

Wake up...still sick as a dog. Pop some pills for the nausea, sit and try not to move or look at absolutely anything.

Work begins. Watching a screen scroll and looking at spreadsheets when you're nauseous with vertigo is as close to what happens to people in hell as one can imagine. Fuck a boiling pit of fire.

BUT I DIGRESS...

Then there was a whooshing sound. I couldn't tell what it was, whether real or imagined. But it was there. I look outside to see what the deal was, and there on my lawn were Romans cutting down Greeks like blades of grass. The roar of the fray, the clang of metal on metal and the thud of metal on bone was tremendous.

Yet...that wasn't the whooshing sound. I saw a great shadow above me, and as I looked up, Earth's Defense starfighters, piloted by Wilma and Buck were soaring above, strafing the forces of Draconia who were invading.

And...out of the box on the stoop pops this crazy, video gaming Canadian guy with curly hair, mocking me...
Last edit: 13 Apr 2012 15:35 by SuperflyPete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 15:16 #122800 by SGT Dave

Brewmiester wrote: Wrasslin' was waiting for me when I got home tonight, looks great.

...And I got Battleground from you yesterday. You never said it was brand new. Hell yeah! We now have the ultimate Crossbows and Catapults battlefield: 2 starter sets and 4 expansion packs. We set up by putting a Battlemasters mat on the kitchen floor.

More
14 Apr 2012 00:13 #122887 by lj1983
squig's stuff came in. the monpoc Voltron stuff looks sweet, diving into the rules now. my daughter was so enamored with the pieces that we sat down have started watching Voltron on netflix. 6 episodes in so far.

More
15 Apr 2012 15:53 - 16 Apr 2012 13:25 #122937 by jeb
Red letter day at Beit Adams on Friday. It was a holiday (Pesach!) so I couldn't let everyone know until now. I got my RED NOVEMBER in from Shellhead (I think wrong. It was Ska_baron). Holy shit did they pack a lot of game in this Silver Line box! It's amazing how much is in there. cards, a board, figurines, chits, rules, &c &c. It's insane. Haven't played that yet, as...

Brewmeister is the best trader ever. I won me some NAVIA DRAPT, which I will get to in a minute. But he sent this $20+ shipped monstrosity box with NAVIA, and a toss in BATTLEBALL (complete!) and some crazy spy game my kids instantly annihilated. Was that complete? I don't know. By the time I got to it I had to ask if it came with a board and they didn't know. Stuff was everywhere. It has this funky little cell phone thingy that my three year old keeps calling people with. Thanks Brewmeister!

What we did play was NAVIA DRAPT, which is a great game! I have three games in, and my older kids (8, 6.5) are just loving it. The minis are amazing! This should have been a better property. I am going to start scrounging for this one. Thanks!
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 13:25 by jeb.

More
15 Apr 2012 21:32 #122952 by Brewmiester

jeb wrote: Red letter day at Beit Adams on Friday. It was a holiday (Pesach!) so I couldn't let everyone know until now. I got my RED NOVEMBER in from Shellhead (I think). Holy shit did they pack a lot of game in this Silver Line box! It's amazing how much is in there. cards, a board, figurines, chits, rules, &c &c. It's insane. Haven't played that yet, as...

Brewmeister is the best trader ever. I won me some NAVIA DRAPT, which I will get to in a minute. But he sent this $20+ shipped monstrosity box with NAVIA, and a toss in BATTLEBALL (complete!) and some crazy spy game my kids instantly annihilated. Was that complete? I don't know. By the time I got to it I had to ask if it came with a board and they didn't know. Stuff was everywhere. It has this funky little cell phone thingy that my three year old keeps calling people with. Thanks Brewmeister!

What we did play was NAVIA DRAPT, which is a great game! I have three games in, and my older kids (8, 6.5) are just loving it. The minis are amazing! This should have been a better property. I am going to start scrounging for this one. Thanks!

No problem man, least I could do since you ran this thing. I think it was a complete Spy Gear: Spy Trackdown so you can check out TOS to get an idea what pieces to look for :)

More
16 Apr 2012 12:09 #122973 by Ska_baron
*sniff* that Red Nov was from ME, jeb. ME!

More
16 Apr 2012 12:40 - 16 Apr 2012 22:15 #122975 by Brewmiester
Hopefully I won't jinx myself but looking at the tracking I should have a Republic of Rome waiting for me when I get home tonight.

Update: Yes the reprint Republic of Rome was waiting for me when I got home. That is everything for me. Thanks to everybody for making my first math trade a great success.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 22:15 by Brewmiester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
16 Apr 2012 15:19 #122988 by SuperflyPete
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
21 Apr 2012 05:33 - 21 Apr 2012 05:37 #123454 by Fallen
I got Mighty Empires on Thursday from Chapel. I never expected to see it so soon as most packages south of 49 can & have taken north of 4weeks. On opening the package I found it tightly wrapped in shipping love pillows.

Attachment DSC_0281.JPG not found

The box can use a bit of resto, but for the age, it's in amazing shape. I can't wait to open the lid and figure out how to build a map.

Attachment DSC_0291.JPG not found

2 hours later the map has been built, major race cities as well as indi cities and settlements are made, and a very annoyed bride grumbles as she heads off to sleep. Looks amazing.

Attachment DSC_0293.JPG not found

Pro's:
The bits are amazing. Ships, fortresses, small settlements, large cities & an army of dragons. Awesome. I really can't wait to start painting these.
The rulebook is in great shape, filled with old school GW art.
All of the chits are un-punched and immaculate.

Con:
I can see why this wasn't as popular as I thought it should be. The tiles are kind of a nightmare, and once the game starts, if it's not covered in glass, will need constant love and adjusting. I am thinking of picking up a few sets of the newer version in order to swap out the cardboard tiles.

Thanks again Chapel, this alone was worth price of admission for the math trade and I still have 3 more games in-coming.
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Apr 2012 05:37 by Fallen.

More
21 Apr 2012 12:58 #123463 by Chapel

Fallen wrote: Thanks again Chapel, this alone was worth price of admission for the math trade and I still have 3 more games in-coming.

Cool. I'm always freaked out when mailing to Canada, after hearing so many horror stories. So this one I was worried about, but it made it!

Yeah, this game is a BEAST. It has 100 pages of rules, and when I say rules, I mean almost as many rules as the RPG. You can't tell by the components, but you can do a LOT of stuff with the game.

The box like most of my old GW games are made of thin THIN posterboard, and tend to sag over the years. Worse so than my gamemasters(axis and allies, shogun,etc.) series. I wonder how my FFG coffin boxses will fare after 20 years?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds