October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
21 Sep 2017 12:03 #254568 by Pat II

charlest wrote: I got them in yesterday as well and agree, the new exploration cards and planets are almost more exciting than the factions.

Got mine last week and I agree. Just need to finish my gameroom and have a 5 player throw down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2017 14:29 #254572 by Cranberries
A guy is selling Sons of Anarchy and the expansion for $10, but he lives $12 away. The base game is $14 on Amazon right now, so maybe I'll just go that route.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
21 Sep 2017 17:27 #254574 by bendgar
cranberries,

I'll send you one with expansion for

+ $0.70 (PayPal charge) unless you see this deal as especially "friendly". Then fee will be waived.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, SuperflyPete

More
22 Sep 2017 13:16 #254613 by Legomancer
This year I set a goal for myself of only getting 10 new games. "Getting" included buying new, buying used, preordering, kickstarting, or trading, and "games" included expansions.

I was doing okay but September has been a rough month. A personal tragedy, some absurd friction at work, and a few other things have gutted me, and I have sadly turned to the hated "retail therapy", a defeated man. I forfeited the challenge and pre-ordered Alien Artifacts from Portal, Venus Next (a Terraforming Mars expansion) from Stronghold, and Fallout from FFG. Because I'm super smart and effective, I retail therapied with three things that won't actually be in my hands any time soon. I'm a big winner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries

More
22 Sep 2017 16:22 - 22 Sep 2017 16:23 #254629 by Gary Sax
Same, Legomancer, I've had some serious retail therapy urges with the stress of a tenure vote upcoming and being apart from the spouse during the week during the semester. I've managed to restrain myself, overall, but I've come awful close to making some silly purchase just to make myself feel "better." I've held the the line this year at Fields of Fire 2nd edition and Xia and expansion for my birthday. But I've almost bought Alchemists, a bunch of Armada, now Sidereal Confluence... I'm forgetting things.

Based on your posts here, it does sound like you get your money's worth out of terraforming mars, so I'm not sure that was like such a terrible one.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2017 16:23 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
22 Sep 2017 16:49 #254632 by Michael Barnes
Not that you would Dave, but never get into Warhammer..."crap, ran out of jam...guess I will buy a tank kit today."
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
23 Sep 2017 09:03 #254653 by Legomancer

Michael Barnes wrote: Not that you would Dave, but never get into Warhammer..."crap, ran out of jam...guess I will buy a tank kit today."

Fortunately there is zero chance of that happening.

More
23 Sep 2017 14:03 #254663 by ChristopherMD
I ordered even more Imperial Assault expansions. Been waiting since the game's release for the Emperor to show up so that was a definite. Got the Coruscant box and Maul too. Also got a Tjena box to hopefully fit all of the game into. I'm expecting a Rogue One wave at some point and can't think of anything left I'd want other than that.

Not interested in Legion. I like Dudes On a Grid games and IA's skirmish mode is a good one.

More
23 Sep 2017 22:16 - 23 Sep 2017 22:16 #254683 by Gary Sax
My resistance completely failed. My wife wanted a copy of Sherlock Holmes after I described it to her. It's my first order of the year so I'm not too mad, I used an xmas gift certificate for some of it.

Sherlock Holmes consulting detective (thames murders etc)
Sidereal Confluence
All the wave 5 and 6 armada ships
Last edit: 23 Sep 2017 22:16 by Gary Sax.

More
24 Sep 2017 02:21 #254689 by KingPut

Gary Sax wrote: My resistance completely failed. My wife wanted a copy of Sherlock Holmes after I described it to her. It's my first order of the year so I'm not too mad, I used an xmas gift certificate for some of it.

Sherlock Holmes consulting detective (thames murders etc)
Sidereal Confluence
All the wave 5 and 6 armada ships

When you talked about playing Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective in the what games have you been playing thread, I just assumed you were playing your copy with your wife. Great purchase to play with wife, relatives or couples. It's my go to game when we have 3 generations together or my dad, step-mother and daughters together. We can sit on the front pouch with some drinks and snacks and slow play as we work together to solve a Sherlock Holmes mystery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
24 Sep 2017 10:42 #254697 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I played the game with a couple of friends and like halfway through I was like "this is 100% my spouse's jam." So I ordered it.

More
25 Sep 2017 10:14 #254743 by barrowdown
I got a copy of Hogwarts Battle because it seems like it will be fun to play with my spouse. It was also on sale at the local B&N during the double member discount days this weekend so it was fairly cheap.

More
25 Sep 2017 11:08 #254747 by san il defanso
I went ahead and ordered the new Tales of the Ancients expansion to Omen: Reign of War. It's available on Drive-Thru Cards. Will I play it enough to justify owning it? Who even knows, but so far in my life more Omen has not proven to be a mistake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
25 Sep 2017 17:29 - 25 Sep 2017 17:29 #254774 by Not Sure
I bought Xia in the hopes that my kids (particularly the non-confrontational one) will enjoy zipping around the galaxy. We'll see.

I also pre-ordered John Company, since I'm a sucker for a modern (cynical) treatment of the East India Company. Even if it doesn't work for me, I'm sure I can ride the wave of Sierra Madre print runs and get rid of it for little worry (or even a pick up a few bucks).
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 17:29 by Not Sure.

More
10 Oct 2017 15:27 #255459 by san il defanso
I ordered the four new Small Box Games: Lords, Merchants of Muziris, Hemloch: Dark Promenade, and Cartouche: Dynasties. I like Clowdus's style and since space has become a big consideration for me, I'm in the market for interesting, small games. Also, I've played a little bit of Omen recently, so I think I'm on a Clowdus kick. It's like I'm Michael Barnes in 2011!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds