October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2744 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
10 Jan 2014 09:58 #169625 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
We seem to have lost almost half of our players. Does everyone else want to keep going?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2014 10:54 #169629 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Sorry...

Salbja: Seeing the man walk out of the underbrush I greet him with a warm smile...

"Hello, My name is Salbja. What brings you here."

More
10 Jan 2014 10:55 #169630 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Yep, I'm still in.

Valga
I'm going search behind and look under the altar.

Fride:
From where I'm standing what do I see around me?

More
10 Jan 2014 12:56 #169638 by DukeofChutney
I'd like to continue. My expectation was that the large number of starting players wouldn't continue that long. Use the spare characters as fill in when the fatalities start.

Brother Thunke; Squinting, i move forward thumbing my prayer beads and muttering oaths to Fodar, What devilry is this? Since Steni is hunched over the devilry, i will examine the darkness of the chamber, what is going on here? Discern Realities - roll 5.

Ligri - Its chilly up here, but refreshing. I wonder if this is what its like to be a bird.

More
10 Jan 2014 13:25 #169639 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
I'm still in

Etirr and Gudfu are milling round Arkif waiting for some leadership as to what to and what has happened to everyone else.

More
11 Jan 2014 14:19 - 11 Jan 2014 14:19 #169694 by Jason Lutes
Okay, great. I'll make the next post when I get a free hour this weekend.

Repoman, I think we need to know what Arkif is doing -- he has a small mob of folks clustered around him looking for direction.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 14:19 by Jason Lutes.

More
11 Jan 2014 15:21 #169697 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
^Kind of what I'm waiting for, I can't think of anything else to do, logically.

More
12 Jan 2014 10:25 #169713 by Jason Lutes
Salbja
A cold expression falls across the man’s face, and he smiles slightly. He gestures to someone behind him, and another robed man, clutching a rock, emerges from the brush. Neither one of them say a word as they move toward you in a decidedly unfriendly fashion.

What do you do?

Valga
You walk all around the altar, looking for anything out of the ordinary. and then kneel down to look under it. Dust and yellowish patches of lichen. You feel around with your hand and detect nothing but cold stone.

What do you do?

Fride
Arkif stands in thought while half a dozen villagers mill around him. You see a lava floe with a human-shaped impression in it nearby, obviously something that this group has already examined. Othilde appears to be enjoying herself, stomping on something she found on the ground. You notice that Ligri the simpleton has wandered off, and catch a glimpse of him just before he disappears into the mist up the mountainside.

You appear to be in the midst of the ruins of the village that grew up around the monastery. Broken stone walls and half-filled cellar holes suggest the placement of various structures. The tops of a few stone columns are visible peeking over a great barrier of rubble to the north.

You ask about the ones who are missing. No one knows where Salbja or Solvi are, but at some point the other third of the group traversed the rubble barrier, and must be exploring whatever lies on the far side.

What do you do?

Brother Thunke
Mark XP.

You step past Steini and deeper into the chamber, toward the two other passages, squinting into the darkness. What was that sound?

“Ssh!” you say,” waving your free hand to quiet your companions. Ligri tries to contain his coughing.

From the inchoate depths of the second passageway, you hear a clacking noise.

clack clackclack scrape click click clack

It appears to be growing incrementally closer.

What do you do?

More
12 Jan 2014 15:31 #169737 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Valga:
I head off into the passage to join the Brother and others, moving cautiously as I go.

Fride:
"Ligri! LIGRI!" Where's that boy off to? C'mon Yamir, I could never forgive myself if something happened to him" I follow after Ligri.

More
17 Jan 2014 22:56 - 17 Jan 2014 23:13 #170127 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jorda

I catch a glimpse of the simpleton walking off up the mountainside. I'm concerned for Ligri's safety, I'm a hard hearted loner but not that hard hearted. As I follow up higher into the mist, it gets considerably colder and windier without protection from the ruins, but the mist remains. Witchcraft! I become a bit disoriented, but ultimately hear a grunt from someone (Ligri?) somewhere in front of me and higher in the fog. Not knowing which way I should be going, or even if someone is close enough to hear me, I shout and charge off after the grunt, ready to tackle anything at full speed that comes into view. Hopefully I can surprise something...
Last edit: 17 Jan 2014 23:13 by Gary Sax.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds