October 09, 2023
2537 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
21 Jan 2014 12:36 #170359 by Da Bid Dabid
Let's get this rolling again.

Gera
I think to myself, "Stupid dumb man, can't he see that everyone is waiting for him. He wouldn't last a night tending bar back at the Trout." I then move toward the center of the group.

"Well seems like we're done digging here. Half of us are heading up that way," I point a finger up the mountain in the direction I last saw Ligri, Fride, and Jorda moving, "and the others are heading that way." motioning toward the ruins where Steini, Thunke, Valga, Halfe, and Thorgana have gone.

"I'm thinking staying in at least smaller groups and not as individuals may be a wise choice up here. I've always been more of a climber myself so I'll go find Solvi and Salbja and head up the mountain. Why don't the rest of you decide to either come with me or head over to help in the ruins? Keep in mind, I've brought ale!" I give the cask at my side a simple pat and head toward where I infer Solvi and Salbja are exploring. I yell out as I go, "Othilde, quit stomping around and come give me a hand!"

Steini
"That sounds like trouble, get ready lads." I quickly make my way to the side of the second passageway and place one of my traps down in front of the door. I ready my knife and get ready to ambush whatever pops out and falls into the trap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2014 12:48 #170361 by DukeofChutney
Thunke

Muttering prayers under breath, i press my back to the wall and raise my staff to strike what ever devilry emerges.

Ligri

I can reach the top, keeping going, ignore the cold.

More
21 Jan 2014 13:17 #170365 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jason, do you think you could do a quick, sketchy map of the area? I'm having a hard time following who's where and how far apart everything is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, DukeofChutney

More
22 Jan 2014 09:44 #170429 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!

metalface13 wrote: Jason, do you think you could do a quick, sketchy map of the area? I'm having a hard time following who's where and how far apart everything is.

Yes, will do. I will also decide what Arkif does so that group can get going.

The next slot of free time I have is tomorrow morning, so expect an update with map by 11am EST.

More
23 Jan 2014 10:45 - 23 Jan 2014 10:46 #170509 by Jason Lutes
Posting the map now for reference. Will post update as soon as I have a chance.

Gray = lava field

(A) Arkif, Gera, Gerdga, Gunnva, Etirr, Gudfu, Illdauga, Othilde
(B) Brother Thunke, Steini, Hafle, Thorgana, and Valga
(C) Ligri, Fride, and Jorda
(D) Solvi and Salbja

(1) Skeletons trapped in lava, impression of human silhouette in lava
(2) Wall of rubble crossed by Brother Thunke et al
(3) Tower explored by Fride
Last edit: 23 Jan 2014 10:46 by Jason Lutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost, metalface13, Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Da Bid Dabid, ThirstyMan

More
23 Jan 2014 15:32 #170532 by Jason Lutes
Arkif
"Jorda! Fride! Where did those two run off to? And where's Solvi and that girl, picking flowers? Okay Gera, you go find them. Everyone else, follow me!"

I head over into the ruined temple, looking to connect with Brother Thunke's group.

Jorda
Defy danger by rolling +LUC.

Ligri
Defy danger by rolling +CON.

Gera
You make your way back among the ruins toward the southern edge of the Fell. Puzzled that you see no sign of Solvi or the girl, you become convinced that they're up to something behind that last half-standing wall. But when you round the corner, you find nothing.

"Solvi! Salbja!"

No sign of them. But what's that, near that patch of brush? Solvi's axe?

What do you do?

Steini and Brother Thunke
With a whispered warning to the monk, who stands pressed against the wall inside the passage, Steini sets a trap at the passage mouth and steps back out of the way, peeking around the corner to look into the darkness. Brother Thunke tries to control his breathing, suddenly aware of the throbbing in his injured leg, but focused on the noise ahead.

click clack clack clack

A light flickers in the blackness down the passage, illuminating enough for you so see that the narrow stone corridor take a sharp right turn, perhaps thirty feet ahead. Some light—it looks like torchlight—appears to be moving toward that corner from the far side, growing brighter and more distinct. The clacking sound seems to be growing in intensity along with the light.

clack click shuff click

What do you do?

Thorgana, Hafle, and Valga
In the dim light of the room, you see Steini lay one of his traps at the opening of the passage that Brother Thunke entered. He does it with such swiftness and surety that you realize he is reacting to something. And then you hear it: a faint clacking noise, like two shells being knocked together.

What do you do?

More
23 Jan 2014 16:39 #170538 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jorda

9 luck=+0. So unmodified roll of...

2d6=3

Mark XP... Brutal... I'm not sure what's going on. I'll assume that I fall down a ravine I didn't see and hurt myself unless you have something specific in mind.

More
24 Jan 2014 00:10 #170561 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jason, does Fride need to roll as well or is she further behind Ligri and Jorda?

Valga
I press myself against the wall, throw my cowl over my head and hunch down. I'm also gripping my amulet in one hand and staff in the other.

More
24 Jan 2014 08:23 #170567 by DukeofChutney
Ligri rolls 6-2 = 4. Oh dear.

Brother Thunke

I wince from the pain and keep my self pressed to the wall. I will beat down this ruffian whence he emerges.

More
27 Jan 2014 08:48 #170701 by Jason Lutes
Jorda
The fog clears for a moment in your immediate vicinity, and you find yourself nearly on top of a woman, huddled against an outcropping. She is old, her gray hair a tangled wet mat, emaciated, clad in rags, and wild-eyed with fear. When she sees you, she lets out a strangled shriek and tries to scrabble away over the wet rock. She is obviously weak, and unable to get very far.

Wait—those eyes, her eyes—! Gods, it's your grandmother! Your grandmother, whom you had given up for dead!

What do you do?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds