October 09, 2023
2538 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
04 Dec 2013 23:01 - 05 Dec 2013 12:28 #166731 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!

Da Bid Dabid wrote:

Jason Lutes wrote: You carefully make your way up the mound, trying to steady yourself with your staff and free hand. Just as you reach the top, a stone gives way underfoot, and you stagger down the far side of the heap in the midst of a rockslide.

Figured he climbed to the top and fell down the other side away from the rest of us. Big ole treacherous climb up and slide down still in-between us.

Got it.

Valga

I attempt to cross the heap of stones to reach the Brother below.

roll: DEX (0)+ 6 = 6

gain 1 XP

Valga: Oh dear!
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 12:28 by Dr. Mabuse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2013 23:50 #166733 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!

Da Bid Dabid wrote:

Jason Lutes wrote: You carefully make your way up the mound, trying to steady yourself with your staff and free hand. Just as you reach the top, a stone gives way underfoot, and you stagger down the far side of the heap in the midst of a rockslide.

Figured he climbed to the top and fell down the other side away from the rest of us. Big ole treacherous climb up and slide down still in-between us.

Indeed, this is the case! Doc, you can redo Valga's action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
05 Dec 2013 09:05 #166745 by stormseeker75
Thorgana - You clearly need a dwarf's help. Allow me to assist!

She attempts to cross over the rocks and assist.

More
05 Dec 2013 12:04 #166757 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Solvi

Spooked by the tumble down the pile and the screaming by Brother, I step back and grip the haft of my ax, nervous. Did I see or hear something scuttle away during the kerfuffle?

(Is this discern realities? I think so. So I think that's a WIS roll)
2D6+0=6

GM move, 1XP

Jorda

Were all these skulls and bodies actually killed by the lava? My shocked (now drunk?) bandmate couldn't figure it out, but I might be able to. I know a little something about materials and fire, and have seen animal bones that were scorched in my kiln before (wayward youth...)...

Discern realities again (I think)
2D6+1 (WIS) +1 (job)=8

Dunno what happens---maybe Jason can describe the 7-9 results

More
05 Dec 2013 12:36 #166761 by Jason Lutes
I will always describe the results of rolls. When I have the time! I should be able to write up a comprehesnive response tonight or tomorrow morning.

More
05 Dec 2013 13:07 #166766 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Should I do a discern realities roll for Gergda's inspection of the body-shaped cavity?

More
06 Dec 2013 11:53 - 06 Dec 2013 11:55 #166873 by Jason Lutes
Brother Thunke
You calm yourself despite the pain shooting up your leg, and with gritted teeth you meet the gaze of the robed man for a moment. Then, shouts of the villagers on the other side of the rock pile reach you, and the stranger disappears amongst the heaps of rubble on the far side of the altar.

You are stuck in place until someone helps you get free.

Thorgana
You dash over in time to lend Valga a hand.

Valga
Mark XP.

You take two steps up the unstable pile before slipping and falling back to the ground. The dwarven smith arrives in time to help you back to your feet immediately. You see that Steini and Hafle have set off to the west in search of another way around.

What do you do?

Steini and Hafle
To the east, the rubble heap meets a massive fallen section of wall that seems like it might be even harder to surmount. But to the west, it looks like the pile diminishes, so you head in that direction.

Steini spots a point where one of the fallen columns creates a low point amongst the debris, offering solid footing for you to traverse it. You both climb up onto it, take a few steps, and jump down onto solid ground on the far side. There, you see Brother Thunke, his leg caught amongst the stones. Not unlike a hare Steini might find in one of his traps.

What do you do?

Jorda
You study the bones trapped in the lava.

With a roll of 8, you can ask 1 of the following questions:

* What happened here recently?
* What is about to happen?
* What should I be on the lookout for?
* What here is useful or valuable to me?
* Who’s really in control here?
* What here is not what it appears to be?

Remember that some questions may not have useful answers, so choose carefully.

Which question do you ask?

Arkif
You notice that Gerdga the miner has moved onto a patch of lava to inspect something, and you follow to peer over her shoulder.

Gerdga
You do not have to discern realities in this instance.

You step closer to the depression and kneel to examine it. It is the size and shape of an adult human. It's as if the lava were a snow bank, and someone had laid upon it the way children do to make an impression with his or her body, but then the snow had melted, softening the shape and removing surface details. Thanks to your familiarity with digging and your inspection of this porous black stuff, you recognize that the shape was definitely not carved out with tools.

What do you do?

Solvi
Mark XP.

All the shouting and scrabbling ahead makes you anxious. You take a few steps back into the shadow of a broken wall, instinctively seeking shelter in order to assess the situation.

Suddenly, you are seized from behind! Both of your arms are pulled behind your back, and a hand clamps down over your mouth, silencing you. There appear to be two assailants. With all of their attention on other things, none of your companions notice your situation. You still have a grip on your axe with one hand, but both arms are pinned.

What do you do?
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 11:55 by Jason Lutes.

More
07 Dec 2013 13:56 #167035 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Valga
[to Thorgana] Many thanks! As the Goddess says "The shortest path may not always be the wisest choice." I follow after Steini and Hafle.

More
07 Dec 2013 14:14 #167038 by the_jake_1973
Hafle

A fit of coughing grips me as I land on the solid ground. I wipe a little blood from the corner of my mouth and move carefully towards Brother Thunke, scanning the ground for areas that may trap me as well.

More
07 Dec 2013 15:33 #167051 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jorda

Jorda wonders if what killed these people will come back shortly, or if it gives a clue for potential danger.

* What should I be on the lookout for?

Solvi

I drop my ax, trying to make as much noise as possible so the others hear before I'm pulled away.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds