October 09, 2023
2553 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2752 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
07 Dec 2013 15:35 #167052 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gergda
I search for any tracks or traces leading away from the depression.

Othilde
"Um, why is everybody splitting up?" I say to no one in particular.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2013 14:25 #167092 by Da Bid Dabid
Quick question. When a character tries to make noise like Solvi did, do we make rolls to see if we notice or is it handled by like a GM roll to determine how loud it is?

More
08 Dec 2013 15:05 #167093 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!

Da Bid Dabid wrote: Quick question. When a character tries to make noise like Solvi did, do we make rolls to see if we notice or is it handled by like a GM roll to determine how loud it is?

I make the call in this case, and I'll let you know what it is tomorrow morning, when I have a chance to post.

More
09 Dec 2013 09:09 - 10 Dec 2013 10:14 #167108 by Jason Lutes
Everyone
This post does not supersede the previous update, which means that Steini sill needs to respond to that post. The responses here should be considered concurrent with what's going on in the vicinity of Brother Thunke.

Jorda
Hvitr's Horn has not disgorged lava in your lifetime, and so as far as you can tell the unfortunate souls here have been trapped in the volcanic rock for at least that long. You do recall stories from your youth of the dead of Kaldhammar being "frozen by fire" and of "black skeletons" carpeting the Forsaken Fell. It seems likely that what you see before you now is at least one source of such tales.

As for what you should be on the lookout for, you don't think lava is going to flow again any time soon, but what is that bit of silver? Is that what first lured the constable over? You step closer to examine it, and see that something metal is imbedded in the lava, one small part of it visible on the surface of the rock.

What do you do?

Gerdga
You examine the lava around the depression. The rock is too hard to show tracks, but wait—what's this? A handprint, about an inch deep, with the same softened or melted look as the body-shaped depression, about a foot away from it. How could someone leave a handprint in rock that your pick can only chip with effort?

You step back to puzzle over this impossibility, idly scanning the rubble at your feet, where it has accumulated at the edge of the lava. Something among the rocks catches your eye, and you reach down to pluck it from the debris. A blackened bone. A rib.

What do you do?

Arkif
You see what Gerdga has found.

The others in the vicinity (Gunnva, Gera, Gudfu, Etirr, and Othilde) have not yet noticed.

What do you do?

Salbja
Your delight in a particular wildflower is interrupted by the clank of metal on stone, and you look over to where Solvi, the mute woodsman, had been standing a moment before, about twenty feet west of you. He's not there, but you see his axe lying on the stones, and the thick underbrush at the edge of the Fell rustles briefly with movement before going still.

What do you do?

Solvi
The two figures—men, apparently—drag you hurriedly into the bushes nearby, across some rough ground and into the shelter of a copse of fir trees. The one with one free hand fumbles for a rock on the ground, then lifts it overhead, clearly intending to brain you.

Your arms are still pinned, and the other man still has one hand clamped over your mouth.

What do you do?
Last edit: 10 Dec 2013 10:14 by Jason Lutes.

More
09 Dec 2013 15:07 #167148 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gerdga
I turn and see Arkif has noticed what I've found. "What leaves depressions such as this? Something big? Something hot?" And I hand him the blackened rib.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Lutes

More
09 Dec 2013 19:24 #167174 by DukeofChutney
Brother Thunke

Having tried wriggling, and waited more than a few minutes with no avail, i shout out. Even the follows of Fodar must show humility in their task sometimes.
"AAAYYYEE, MMEE LEGG is STUCCKK, ANND WE ARE NOT ALLONNEE,"

More
09 Dec 2013 19:51 #167176 by Da Bid Dabid
Steini
Can't help but chuckle to myself seeing the terrible "bad omen" as nothing more than a target of a foothold trap. This imagery is clearly more than coincidence, I must continue to pay attention to this man's actions.

Perhaps a little compassion toward the helpless, despite my suspicions, will gain some sort of favor. I head over with Hafle to attempt to free Brother Thunke. Startled by his sudden shout, I keep a hand readied near my knife and quicken my pace toward him while scanning for any near danger.

More
09 Dec 2013 21:57 #167192 by the_jake_1973
Hafle

"Aegis above, priest," I call out to Brother Thunke. "There's no need to cause such a ruckus. We will have you freed in a titch. Thanks for helping Steini."

More
10 Dec 2013 10:29 - 10 Dec 2013 10:30 #167246 by Jason Lutes
Steini, Hafle, Brother Thunke, Valga, and Thorgana
Steini and Hafle make their way over to the monk. The brawny, bearded trapper takes hold of stone block with both arms and shifts it back with remarkable ease, allowing the Aegist to carefully extract Brother Thunke's leg from its confinement. Brother Thunke is barely able to contain his agony as Hafle helps him gingerly sit back on a pile of rubble so that his leg can be examined. Valga and Thorgana appear, having traversed the rubble heap successfully.

Steini, after casting an eye about to make sure the area is clear of immediate threat, kneels and takes a look at the injured limb.

Brother Thunke: Describe in what way and to what degree your leg has been injured.

Steini and Hafle:
After assessing the damage to Brother Thunke, what do you do?

Valga and Thorgana: What do you do?
Last edit: 10 Dec 2013 10:30 by Jason Lutes.

More
10 Dec 2013 13:25 #167294 by stormseeker75
Thorgana - I've got my whiskey if you need an antiseptic, but I need a bit for myself! She takes a short drink making sure there's half a use left.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds