October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2750 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
10 Dec 2013 15:30 - 10 Dec 2013 15:30 #167323 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Jorda
Jorda is going to tell anyone standing near her about the silver item (I'm not sure who's near me now) and gingerly poke at the exposed silver bit with any bits lying around (stick, detritus, etc)

Solvi
I'm quite dexterous... so I wait until the last moment and try to slip out of the man's grasp in such a way as to make the rock man hit his friend (anywhere, really, just so he lets go.). If that's successful I run away shouting towards where the group was. It's probably a dex check, I have a +2 DEX bonus

3. +2 DEX. GOODBYE MUTE WOODSMAN!
Last edit: 10 Dec 2013 15:30 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Lutes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2013 16:09 - 10 Dec 2013 16:10 #167329 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Valga:
I approach the Brother and ask " What do you mean we are not alone?

Fride:
Now that the fainting episode is done I look for Arkif to lead us onward. Not immediately seeing him, I ask aloud, " Arkif! Shouldn't we get on with it! Anyone see where Arkif got to?"
Last edit: 10 Dec 2013 16:10 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
10 Dec 2013 19:34 #167359 by DukeofChutney
Brother Thunke

Describe the injury; There is a searing pain in the left shin area, the skin has bruised to a blue colour and is tender to touch. There is some blood leaking from a deep scratch toward the base of the shin. Gingerly I test putting my weight on my leg. It hurts but i stand. I do not think the leg is broken, but the bone could be bruised. The rock on top of the leg had caught it at a bad angle, and whilst not crushing it, dragged it down into the rubble.

"arrhh, this treacherous ground."

"Valga, i saw someone yonder, he, or she disappeared behind the altar. The person were wrapped in a hooded garment so i couldn't quite make them out."

Cringe at the pain.

"When i cried out, it struck fear into him or her, and they fled."

Ligri
I walk over to Jorda, she seems excited by something in the ground, What is she poking?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Lutes

More
11 Dec 2013 00:42 #167383 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Just a heads up that I won't be able to write up a new response until Thursday morning.

More
11 Dec 2013 13:31 #167448 by the_jake_1973
Hafle

"If you think this it tough to get about on *cough cough*, priest, you should try making your way on the topgallant yard in a winter squall. Thinking of that makes me glad to have firm ground underfoot." I am talking to Brother Thunke as I help him to a sitting position. I am trying to distract him from the pain. My time on board a ship would have exposed me to broken bones of the compound fracture types, but anything less thn that, I may consider it merely bruised.

I try to scrounge for a crutch he can use.

More
11 Dec 2013 14:58 #167462 by DukeofChutney
out of character - Brother Thunke has a staff in his hands. I guess that could be modified to make it a crutch. I'm not sure how he would feel about it though. If we had some sort of wood worker..

More
11 Dec 2013 17:24 #167486 by Da Bid Dabid
Actually I think you dropped your staff... 10 ft away and all that good stuff but perhaps I can give a hand.

Steini
I walk over to Thunke's fallen staff picking it up and bring it to him. Before handing it over I say with a smirk, "I'm not used to seeing such large catch," motioning to one of the traps I'm carrying, "I'll keep this spot in mind for my next hunt." I toss the staff at his feet. "Let's see what else we can drum up, eh?" Seeing that Hafle has begun to take care of getting Thunke mobile, I head toward the altar searching for the hooded figure.

Gera
Seeing others finding artifacts brings on a rush of excitement. I hurriedly search my vicinity for any similar items or any shallowly buried items of interest that I could easily dig out.

More
11 Dec 2013 21:03 #167514 by the_jake_1973
Hafle
"Thanks for the help, Steini. I'll get the priest hobbling about." I hold up a hand to my mouth to stifle a cough. "Holler if you see anything."

More
12 Dec 2013 09:13 #167552 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Arkif:

I take note of the hand print in the lava floe. That is peculiar. What could have touched the rock when it was still soft enough to leave an impression and not have been burned to ashes?

However, I set such thoughts aside and return my attention to that shiny metallic bit and aid to expose it more fully so that I might see what it is.

Salbja:

Ah, when nature calls it must be heeded. Solvi must have had to attend to a pressing need in the bushes. And yet, careless to have left the axe on the ground. I move over towards the axe and pick it up with the thought of handing it back to Solvi once his business is finished.

More
12 Dec 2013 12:07 - 12 Dec 2013 14:59 #167588 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Arkif, Jorda, and Ligri
Jorda points out the bit of silver that Arkif had seen previously. Her club doesn't seem the right tool for the job, so Arkif pokes the tip of his shortsword into the rock, chipping away at the black stuff surrounding the object until more of it is exposed.

Arkif brushes away the black dust from the chipping to reveal a tiny replica of a two-handed warhammer, about two inches in length. Jorda touches it, examines it closely, and confirms that it is in fact made of silver. The head of the hammer has small hole running through it, indicating that it might have been a pendant, but there is no sign of whatever may have once been threaded through it.

All three of you—even simple-minded Ligri the White—recognize this hammer as the holy symbol of Hvitr, God of Storms and Justice.

What do you do?

Gera
You move away from the constable and the others, scanning the once-molten rock for anything of potential value. You spot nothing in the immediate vicinity.

What do you do?

Brother Thunke
Your mobility is impaired.

Steini
Clutching your knife in one hand, you move cautiously toward the altar: a simple stone plinth, one third of it broken off and lying in pieces. Apparently the lava never reached this part of the temple—the rubble scattered across the flagstones seems to have accumulated there as the building collapsed over time.

You round the altar to find a rectangular opening in the floor, through which a set of narrow stone stairs descends into darkness. When rabbits run, they run into their holes.

You cast an eye about the rest of the area: to the west, a broken archway leads to some adjoining room, now ruined and open to the elements like the rest of this skeletal place. To the north and east, barriers of broken wall and shattered masonry roughly ten feet high. South lies the treacherous rubble heap, where Thunke, Hafle, Valga, and Thorgana are now congregated.

What do you do?

Solvi
Mark XP.

You attempt to seize the moment, but your captor's grip is strong and firm. The impact of the rock snaps your head back, and everything goes black.

You are unable to act until further notice.

Salbja
As you lean down to pick up Solvi's axe, you hear a soft *crack* from the place where you think he is relieving himself. You look toward the bushes, slightly puzzled, and hear sharp whispering from within. You can't make out the words.

What do you do?

Gunnva, Etirr, Gudfu, Illdauga, Othilde, and Fride
You are all close to Arkif's group (to your east), somewhat near the group in the temple (to your northwest), and far from Salbja and Solvi (to your south). Feel free to chime in whenever you want to act, or wait until whatever time seems appropriate to you.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2013 14:59 by Jason Lutes.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds