October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2748 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Space Hulk Re-Release Imminent

More
10 Sep 2014 17:02 #186858 by wadenels
So I decided I'm going to pick this up ASAP if it is indeed Space Hulk. But I have no experience with new GW releases. Will it likely be sold on release day through the GW website, FLGS, or how?

Also, any speculation on whether it will go on sale Sept 13 or if that day will just be the big announcement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2014 17:08 #186859 by Brewmiester
I got my copy of the last one at my FLGS. Haven't been by to check yet if they are getting this new one in.

More
10 Sep 2014 17:10 - 10 Sep 2014 20:14 #186860 by Gary Sax
So I don't necessarily want it to be, but I think this is going to be a huge disaster for GW. I think there's a limited market for this sort of thing, and I think they gauged it almost perfectly last time they re-released the game. But I think the market is not full of buyers dying to get their hands on a copy so when they re-re-release it there are going to be a lot of boxes sitting on shelves since most people have their treasured 100 dollar re-release of Space Hulk.
Last edit: 10 Sep 2014 20:14 by Gary Sax.

More
10 Sep 2014 17:27 #186861 by VonTush

wadenels wrote: So I decided I'm going to pick this up ASAP if it is indeed Space Hulk. But I have no experience with new GW releases. Will it likely be sold on release day through the GW website, FLGS, or how?

Also, any speculation on whether it will go on sale Sept 13 or if that day will just be the big announcement?

Last time I got mine through my FLGS. My gut suspects they're going to limit those copies and force people to funnel to either the GW online store or to a GW Hobby Center. And if I recall, they made the announcement and then about 30 days later in Oct is when people were able to pickup their copy.

More
10 Sep 2014 17:28 #186862 by Shellhead

wadenels wrote: So I decided I'm going to pick this up ASAP if it is indeed Space Hulk. But I have no experience with new GW releases. Will it likely be sold on release day through the GW website, FLGS, or how?

Last time around, the Source (flgs near Wade and I) had 100 boxes of Space Hulk 3rd for sale. Two months after they arrived, I bought one of the last ten boxes left.

More
10 Sep 2014 19:58 #186867 by Sevej
It would be interesting to see how this turns out. Either the market is stuffed with Space Hulk or that release 2 years ago sparked more interest and/or new fans.

More
10 Sep 2014 21:53 #186872 by VonTush
Unless they drastically over-produce, I don't think they'll have any issues selling out. There's still a lot who missed the first time around, there's the GW collectors that will buy even if they already have the first, there's the speculators looking to turn around in a few years time and sell at $300, GW appeals to younger crowds who weren't in the gaming scene back in '09 that want this legendary game, it is a top tier game that boardgamers will want, the models are desirable by people not even wanting the game...They'll move quickly is were I'll put my money.

More
10 Sep 2014 22:22 #186877 by Applejack
For me, Space Hulk is the perfect game. It does so much with so little. The rules are as lean as they need to be. The theme is rich and thick (I love the fluff), the play is tense and the combat brutal. Space Hulk is the game I would want to create if it didn't exist. Yes, Third Edition is extremely overproduced, but that's what makes it awesome. If there's one fault with Space Hulk, it's that you need a FUCKHUGE table to set up some of the scenarios.

I already own a painted copy of Third Ed., but I will likely pick up a copy or two of this new version. One, I want a chance to paint my own miniatures. Two, I can sell the extra copy for a profit. I think the reissue will sell very well, and quickly. Gamers who always wanted Space Hulk will be given a chance to get it, fans who already own the game and want the new stuff, and of course people who don't care about the game but know they can sell it on eBay as a marked up price. If anything, this may lead to the 'older' Third Ed. resale price going down as some will sell their old copy for to make way for the new version.

More
10 Sep 2014 22:36 #186883 by DukeofChutney
I think it will sell out. But i could see the aftermarket hawks making a bit less than they might expect. Depending on how many are produced I wouldn't be surprised if it takes more than 5 years for the aftermarket price to get back to current levels.

More
10 Sep 2014 23:48 #186887 by Sevej
The strange thing about Space Hulk is that it pushes the right button for me (very solid core gameplay, with very little special rules/additional layers), but I have very little interest in it. May be a little too lean?

Is playing as Genestealers fun?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds