Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

TOPIC: 7th continent

7th continent 28 Sep 2017 15:34 #254970

Almost failed my Saving Throw on this one. It sounds right up my alley but a few things convinced me not to back it.
1) Since I'd be combining shipping then I wouldn't have it for over a year. My excitement/anticipation will be long gone by then. A year from now I'll be asking myself why I spent $130 on a push-your-luck exploration game that's mainly just cards.
2) I stopped reading Choose-Your-Own books a long time ago. Could order one off Amazon and read it this weekend if I wanted to. Would rather spend that time reading actual literature.
3) Since I'd be primarily solo I think a video game would be better. Even with a friend I can think of lots of other stuff to do without missing this.
4) Lack of replayability. I never re-read any CYOA books. I know there is some variety here and that's good when you have to restart a curse. I just don't see myself re-visiting them later when there will always be newer experience games I haven't played once yet.
5) I can buy a used copy from Michael Barnes a year from now for cheap. Or from someone else a couple years from now. Lots of FOMO buyers on this one who won't end up liking it or won't replay it so I don't expect the price to go up. Nothing stopping a 3rd KS either even if they claim now that it's unlikely.
  • Mad Dog
  • Road Warrior
  • Thank you received: 1372
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, cranberries

7th continent 28 Sep 2017 18:47 #254983

I think I'm bouncing out of this one. If I'm going to spend $130 on a game I'd rather just buy some Warhammer stuff. I'll patiently wait to see if MM gets it.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • Thank you received: 5915

7th continent 03 Oct 2017 16:49 #255195

haha, jesus christ, I didn't realize that the base box+expansion set ("Rookie," 140) does not include any of the original kickstarter expansions. No thanks even though it's right up my alley.

Hopefully I can buy someone's complete set someday for less. Fear the FOMO.
  • Gary Sax
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 2433
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2017 17:50 by Gary Sax.

7th continent 03 Oct 2017 19:06 #255210

Michael Barnes wrote:
I think I'm bouncing out of this one. If I'm going to spend $130 on a game I'd rather just buy some Warhammer stuff. I'll patiently wait to see if MM gets it.

It's closer to $160 after you factor in shipping for two waves. I'm slightly interested in this and the upcoming Too Many Bones kickstarter but I probably won't back either. The KS tax is starting to get too high for what you can get on sale for other games which are equally as fun.
  • Wetworks
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 76
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2017 19:11 by Wetworks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

7th continent 12 Oct 2017 10:42 #255564

I have no idea on this one and it is closing soon. Any additional impressions, Charlie or anyone else? The style of game would get a **lot* of play in my house, if it's good. That's one thing keeping me interested.

If I got it I'd probably get the base and expansion unless I get some sort of money infusion.
  • Gary Sax
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 2433

7th continent 12 Oct 2017 10:57 #255567

I don't know, still haven't finished the first curse. We've been meaning to get back to it but I don't have an obligation to review it and a stack of other games I do have an obligation to. It's taken a backseat to a few weeks of Battlestations second edition recently.
  • charlest
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 1664
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds