October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2741 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

WOTR - You have got to be shitting me

More
03 Mar 2010 03:26 - 03 Mar 2010 04:02 #56838 by Mr Skeletor
So I get home to find this on my doorstep:

Are you fucking shitting me? I paid something like $240 to ship this thing and the fucking retards just leave it on my front doorstep without needing anyone to sign for it? What if some prick stole it? What a fucking joke.

Edit: cant upload the picture because its bigger than 200k.

Edit 2: Fuck I hate putting photos online.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2010 04:02 by Mr Skeletor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2010 04:07 #56839 by jur
you shouldn't have bought it in the first place

More
03 Mar 2010 04:07 #56840 by sydo
Huh, I see the postal services are the same as here. I once had a laptop delivered the same way... Maybe they realized that the collector's edition is not worth the money as the figures are painted by a retarded monkey's tail so they just left it there. Was it by UPS or Australian Post?

More
03 Mar 2010 04:27 - 03 Mar 2010 04:29 #56841 by Mr Skeletor
UPS. Aus Post make you sign for everything.

The delivery was shit, but the packaging is something else. Nexus apparently figured that they couldn't afford people sending shit back damaged in the post so they packaged this thing with half a forrest of cordboard. Really, really well done - nothing short of a chainsaw will damage this thing in post.

I was tossing up between ordering this or buying an Xbox, and in the end I chose this. Now that I have it I'm really glad I made that choice, this thing is way cooler than I was expecting. I'm very impressed.

Last edit: 03 Mar 2010 04:29 by Mr Skeletor.

More
03 Mar 2010 04:32 #56842 by Schweig!
What thieving neighbourhood do you live in?

In the town I grew up in, it's standard procedure for the postal service to drop off packages either at the door step or our in our shed. Beats having to drive 4km to the nearest post office. Well, it's the same town my aunt lives in who hasn't locked her front door in 70 years.

In the city I last lived in, since I was a student and living on the first floor, the postman and all other couriers dropped off all their stuff with me for the whole house in the morning, often enough not even caring about writing notices, so I ended up having to deliver the stuff.

Those were the times ...

More
03 Mar 2010 06:42 #56845 by dragonstout
Year and a half back I had a bunch of gaming & comics shit (few hundred dollars worth) stolen from my doorstep, where the mailman had left it despite my having specifically arranged with the post office never to have packages left on my doorstep. USPS isn't responsible for shit, btw...taught me to always insure my packages. Delivery people are in general inane, I knew a UPS delivery was coming one day I was gonna be out, so I taped a big note on my door saying "DON'T LEAVE HERE, I'LL PICK UP FROM THE UPS WAREHOUSE", and of course the package was sitting right underneath the sign. Most recently I had my package full of Cosmic Incursions left outside IN THE RAIN, WHILE I WAS HOME (they hadn't even rung my doorbell to let me know it had arrived).

More
03 Mar 2010 07:45 #56849 by Black Barney
man that sucks dude. Just give the game to me and don't worry about it.

Hey, post more pics please when you open it up and stuff. I wanna see the pieces and everything. Congrats on buying an awesome game, you rock.

More
03 Mar 2010 08:05 #56853 by Mr Skeletor
Up for a game Barney?

Sorry bout the image quality - that's iphones for you.

More
03 Mar 2010 09:19 #56858 by Columbob
Game looks beautiful Frank.

More
03 Mar 2010 09:22 #56860 by JoelCFC25
Looks absolutely brilliant. Please play it. I've already read reports of people buying 2 copies, one to keep pristine and one to play, or anguishing about whether they should play it at all because of the impact it will have on the value. Also somebody bitching already that there aren't going to be replacement decks of cards once the originals start showing wear (!!!!).

I have no problem admitting that I am insanely jealous of anyone who got a copy. Enjoy!

More
03 Mar 2010 10:00 #56865 by Msample
Yeah, reading about the owners wringing their hands over potential wear of ANY sort is pretty amusing . There is one vendor working on custom sleeves for the cards over on BGG.

The replacement card requests are divided between the anal Collectors Edition owners and the rightfully pisssed owners of the original game wanting cards with decent sized fonts . I suspect scans of the new bigger cards will be available for download via backchannel before long.

I pick mine up from my FLGS this Saturday . Can't wait.

More
03 Mar 2010 10:13 #56867 by NeonPeon
Sweet Skelly. Can I come over and play? :D

More
03 Mar 2010 10:24 #56870 by MattFantastic
Talk about games I can't buy...

This and the 3D Catan set really make me wish I had stupid amounts of disposable income.

More
03 Mar 2010 11:13 #56875 by Thaadd
Frank - water your stupid doorstep houseplant. Unless that's some native Oz 'stick plant'.

More
03 Mar 2010 11:54 #56882 by Spinrad
I took the day off to make sure I got my copy. Woke up at 7 and sat in front room staring out the window for the UPS guy. Even taped a note on thr door saying that if it is locked he can knock on the window (2 feet from the door).

3 o'clock rolls around and I get nervous and check online. "Status: Delivered Location: Front door"

After 5 calls to UPS and one to Thaadd (UPS said I couldn't do jack until FFG contacted them) I find the package on my neighbor's 3rd floor private back porch. Wrong building, wrong apartment number, and definitely not the front door. Getting that fucker down the tiny stairs was not fun.

That said, it is beautiful. And Thaadd and FFG were awesome as usual.

My only complaint is that I can't find any sleeves the right size for the cards.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds