October 09, 2023
2602 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2801 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

AH Minis

More
18 Nov 2010 16:48 #79799 by Mr Skeletor
AH Minis was created by Mr Skeletor
Mine arrived last night. They are smaller than I was expecting, but the paintjobs are much better than I was expecting. They look way better in person than online - colors look less thick and gastly, and the paintjobs much neater. It could be because the website pics are blown up, like I said these guys are quite small.
Shellhead you best avoid seeing these at the event centre or you'll probably buckle.
Haven't looked throught them all yet (or even checked I got the right ones!) but I'm glad I got them, I certainly feel they are well worth the $4 asking price (good aussie dollar helps ;))
Now I just have to figure out how and where to store them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2010 16:52 #79800 by Grudunza
Replied by Grudunza on topic Re:AH Minis
Small is good. The less space taken up on the board, the better, IMO.

More
18 Nov 2010 17:08 #79801 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re:AH Minis
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Shellhead you best avoid seeing these at the event centre or you'll probably buckle.

It's like you're reading my mind while I'm reading your post. For the quality that you're describing, $4 is a great price, and I do love me some Arkham Horror. And i was just thinking the other day how I could use the AH small expansion boxes and some foamcore to store those minis. But I'm saving money for a downpayment on a house next year, so I can't justify spending the $200 right now.

More
18 Nov 2010 17:16 #79802 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:AH Minis
I was just going to dump all of the figs into a cocke lunchbox thing I have (One stores all my painted terrinoth heroes) but the figs come in these little shell packages that seem a shame to chuck out. The shells aren't glued so they are easy to open and close (as an aside these things would be a nightmare in a store - stolen figures left and right).

More
18 Nov 2010 17:17 #79803 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:AH Minis
DAMMIT. They must give off toxic fumes or something, right? Do they emit a high-pitch whine? Come on... I need to these to suck or I might as well just hand over my wallet.

More
18 Nov 2010 17:21 #79804 by Grudunza
I noticed that some online stores have the whole collection at a discount price (e.g. $172.36 from Boards and Bits ). But I haven't seen the individual minis for sale anywhere but FFG's site. So presumably, the special sales condition they are offering to stores that want to carry the minis is exclusive to the whole set.

More
18 Nov 2010 17:43 - 18 Nov 2010 17:44 #79806 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:AH Minis
We are nagging a friend who really likes to own these but couldn't justify buying them to his family. So every time he spends money in any way, like consuming a cup of coffee or a box cigarettes, we say: "Ahh, there goes another Arkham Horror mini." It drives him mad because he knows it's true. >:)
Last edit: 18 Nov 2010 17:44 by Schweig!.

More
18 Nov 2010 17:46 #79807 by Mr Skeletor
Grudunza wrote:

I noticed that some online stores have the whole collection at a discount price (e.g. $172.36 from Boards and Bits ). But I haven't seen the individual minis for sale anywhere but FFG's site. So presumably, the special sales condition they are offering to stores that want to carry the minis is exclusive to the whole set.

I doubt it, more likely the profit margin on these is too tight to sell them individually. Don't want to be left with odd stock.
Otherwise why would FFG care how you sold them?

More
18 Nov 2010 18:17 #79808 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re:AH Minis
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I was just going to dump all of the figs into a cocke lunchbox thing I have

You don't spell 'cock' with an 'e'.

More
18 Nov 2010 18:22 #79809 by Mr Skeletor
I got dick on the brain, because i'm surrounded by dickheads.

More
18 Nov 2010 20:20 #79813 by Grudunza
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Grudunza wrote:

I doubt it, more likely the profit margin on these is too tight to sell them individually. Don't want to be left with odd stock.
Otherwise why would FFG care how you sold them?

Well, it's not that they care how you sell them, but maybe they couldn't give stores any kind of deal for individual ones, so the only real offer they could make for stores was for selling the whole set? In any case, it may be too soon to say... they might end up in some stores individually after all. I could see stores selling these for $5 each... and me buying several if I was there and wishing I'd just bought the whole set online for cheaper.

More
18 Nov 2010 22:04 #79814 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re:AH Minis
Bought 3 favorites of the girlfriend and I that won't be in mansions, glad to hear they look good.

More
19 Nov 2010 08:58 #79824 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic Re:AH Minis
Gary Sax wrote:

Bought 3 favorites of the girlfriend and I that won't be in mansions, glad to hear they look good.

How do you know which ones won't be in Mansions? Or you're just guessing they'll use 12 from the base game?

More
19 Nov 2010 09:22 #79827 by Gary Sax

More
19 Nov 2010 16:15 #79859 by The King in Yellow
Replied by The King in Yellow on topic Re:AH Minis
I'm just chiming in here to verify what Skeletor said. Mine arrived as well last week, and they are small enough that the painting flaws really don't show up, and they aren't as brightly painted as the photos would indicate - also a plus.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds