October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2720 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× For those who like to push chits.

Consimworld bitch thread

More
26 Oct 2012 18:03 #136768 by Fallen
Replied by Fallen on topic Re: Consimworld bitch thread
'The internet': The place for social outcasts to exact revenge on the people who've done them wrong…..The fact that those people (still) have no interest in their little virtual empires is completely beside the point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2012 18:06 - 26 Oct 2012 18:07 #136769 by Fallen

luckyb0y wrote:

gunny3013 wrote: ...

I don't get it. If you are supposed to pay someone you get their paypal and transfer the funds. You don't need to give them any personal details except your address. How the hell they were able to get all your bank details to withdraw shit ton of money? Not to mention your bank fucking sucks if they don't block two identical suspicious transactions.

How does it work when you're invoiced by the seller? I know it's an option for sending/receiving cash, but as I haven't had to use it that way, have no experience.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2012 18:07 by Fallen. Reason: Shameless post to bump post number to 300 *drop smoke*

More
26 Oct 2012 18:07 #136770 by ThirstyMan
Sounds like a police matter if money was stolen from your account.

Not possible to withdraw money from your bank electronically unless you gave account details to them (unless your bank has the laxist security in the civilised world). Paypal is more secure than CC transactions simply because you do not release details to the person receiving the money. The receiver of the money cannot order your bank to provide more cash than the original paypal transaction. In addition to that, the paypal receiver of money will not know your account details from the transaction because that is simply not available.

The receiver of the money will be traceable by the bank anyway if it was a direct withdrawal....

Either way this should be reported to the police which will get you a lot further than endlessly debating it on the internet....

More
26 Oct 2012 18:11 - 26 Oct 2012 18:14 #136771 by SuperflyPete

There appeared a listing by Marc from Canada (a man I had not known of before this) for one of the games I wanted to recover. It was Sicily (OCS) $150 and $25 S&H. I sent an email and he responded in a normal way giving his paypal account so I could make a deposit. Next day I went to make the deposit using my new PayPal account and no seller account existed. How odd I thought and emailed for a correct account address and recieved it figuring I'd get to paying it the next day. That night about 3am I get an automated message alert from my bank stating my account had two identical withdrawls within minutes of one another totaling just under $19,000. I looked at my account on line and to my horror, $1200 was all that remained from a $20,000 savings account ballance. I contacted the bank the next day to find they had shut down my account on my behalf because the same withdrawing party had also withdrawn $175 a short time after the original savings withdrawls. I sprang into action thinking that if the game was never sent I might know who the thief was. I ran the tracking number given me by Marc the seller and my heart sank. Not only was it not linked to anything the seller (Marc) stopped communicating as well.

Some big fucking holes here...
1. First, someone has to have your PayPal password to initiate a transaction.
2. Second, you can't link Savings accounts to PayPal (unless they changed that)

The only conceivable way this could happen is if you used the same password and user name/email on CSW, PayPal, and your bank. If you did that, you're a sod.

But, if it was initiated by PayPal, there'd be a record. If there's none on PayPal, it wasn't PayPal. In any event, you can reverse it at the bank. Simply call your bank and tell them that an unauthorized charge occurred. They send an affadavit, you fill it out, sign, return, and money is refunded.

The whole thing sounds like you jumped the gun blaming a guy for something. Odds are he isn't returning messages because the tone of your emails was accusatory. Or, maybe he's the thief and you inadvertantly got a virus he used to hack your PC. Who knows. In any event, it's between you and the bank, and you will NEVER know who did it. The bank has a crowd of investigators just for this sort of thing.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2012 18:14 by SuperflyPete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, superrph

More
26 Oct 2012 18:15 #136772 by jur
Replied by jur on topic Re: Consimworld bitch thread
Suckered by a fishing attack?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
26 Oct 2012 18:17 - 26 Oct 2012 18:17 #136773 by Fallen

SuperflyTNT wrote: 2. Second, you can't link Savings accounts to PayPal (unless they changed that)

Just going to clarify that a Savings account can be added to paypal, mine is currently set up this way. I did it to 'verify' the account as it wasn't used for anything else, no way am I going to link paypal, or any exterior account, to our main account.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2012 18:17 by Fallen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
26 Oct 2012 18:22 #136774 by ThirstyMan
Yes, sounds much more like a successful phishing attack through email.

Never access your bank details or paypal from a link provided in an email....even if the email looks genuine. Unless the originator of the phishing email was the seller (which you wouldn't know anyway), the timing of the money loss is probably purely linked to a previous successful phishing attempt and nothing to do with the seller. Could have actually happened months ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Fallen

More
26 Oct 2012 18:49 #136775 by SuperflyPete
I had some wanker in Italy phreak my card, make a clone, and withdraw 1500$. In Italy. I get a call from this bank lady asking if I'm currently in Italy. I told her, "I'm currently sitting in a liquor store in Independence KY, buying a pack of smokes." She asked if I had been to Italy today.

I had to stop, light the smoke, and mention to her that unless I had been able to fold space, or somehow lived outside the space-time continuum, it was physically impossible for me to have been in Italy earlier in the day.

She didn't get it.

More
26 Oct 2012 19:11 #136779 by Fallen

gunny3013 wrote: ....

Joey, it's too bad you erased all of the posts at the Consimworld 'bad trader' folder, because, as it stands, it looks like you jilted someone out of some cardboard chits. Tsk. Tsk. Reading through the replies, with quotes, was well worth using my lunch hour on, it's put a fun spin on this topic thread.

I'm not officially part of the Fortress welcoming committee, but;
First of all: I wanted to go out of my way to welcome you to the site. It’s been far too long since there has been a Friday Freakout of interest, and it’s a shame that you feel the need to erase your comments here too... but keep on posting, from what little I’ve read elsewhere, the potential for a good and proper FF is just over the horizon.

Secondly: F:AT has had a troll opening for the past few months, I’d have applied but it’s too much of a commitment & quite frankly I’m fucking lazy, but since you’ve burned your bridges elsewhere, there may well be a an temporary opening here. Word of caution though; if the comments over at the other site drove you pout over here, just wait till some of the more prolific posters here start cutting new holes into your sad ass.

Oh, thank your neighbors kids for your paypal info for me, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, superrph

More
26 Oct 2012 19:25 - 28 Oct 2012 01:51 #136780 by xyz
Replied by xyz on topic Re: Consimworld bitch thread
Deleted Message.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2012 01:51 by xyz.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds