October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2716 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

What is the best Kickstarter game that you have played?

More
18 Apr 2014 22:01 #176122 by Space Ghost
Yeah, I have both Zombicide 1 and 2 with all kickstarter exclusives and add ons. Posting it on ebay as soon as I can find an appropriate price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2014 12:11 #176186 by Almalik
Tammany hall - was this a re-print? probably the best of the bunch
Shadowfist - yay for more Shadowfist, but not a new game
Monster Derby - also a re-print, but great to have a copy
A Study in Emerald - really like the first couple of plays, hoping for no Halifax Hammer master strategy to become apparent, need to get it to the table more

also:
Reaper Bones - not a game, but pretty sweet deal on minis.

More
21 Apr 2014 14:44 #176196 by TheDukester
The absolute best have been Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow from Shenandoah.

The best physical game has been Ogre: Steroids Edition.

The best new game (new to me) has been Dungeon Roll.

More
21 Apr 2014 15:24 #176201 by charlest
My Kickstarter experience thus far:

Boss Monster - Really dig this game as a filler. The right amount of randomness and strategy for its length.

Click Clack Lumberjack - Game is excellent. It's a Jenga rip-off but it's a blast. Everyone at the table always laughs and has a good time.

Coup - I'm a fan. Not sure if this counts since it was previously released. Either way, the game is good and delivers on its promise.

Dungeon Roll - Very average game. Nothing special, but not horrible.

Escape - I love real-time games and Escape is no exception. It's unique, it's fun, and it brings the tension.

Euphoria - Worker placement is a genre I don't buy heavily into, but I did enjoy my one play of Euphoria. It delivers a lot of game in only 1 hour.

Flash Point: Fire Rescue - Great game, better than Pandemic due to its inherent chaos and unpredictability. Very replayable. All of the expansions are quality as well.

Freedom: The Underground Railroad - Very thoughtful and interesting coop. Unique design that really has a solid thematic feel to it. Enjoyed it immensely and would replay for sure.

Gauntlet of Fools - Just an OK game, not too great. Like Dungeon Roll, it's very average and I'd probably rather play something else (like Boss Monster).

Glory to Rome Black Box - I picked this up retail and was very satisfied, except for some of the quality issues in the print run (bubbling box, chipped Jacks).

Kings of War (Miniatures game) - My buddy kickstarter this and really likes the system. I think the system is beyond bland and only delivers on quickly resolving mass battles. I would not likely request this myself.

Legend of Cipher: The Game of Hip-Hop - This game is phenomenal, check out my review on this site. Unfortunately, it's out of print.

Lyssan - Good, underrated game that no one talks about.

Manhattan Project - Excellent. My favorite worker placement game.

Monolith: The Strategy Game - Boring. Interesting idea but the lack of theme and dull presentation kills it for me.

Myth - Huge rules/card wording issues. Gameplay is amazing and unique in my opinion. Retail is also missing some things which may provide for a sub-par experience.

Nothing Personal - Really enjoyed my one play of this. Would absolutely play it again.

Ogre: Designer's Edition - Whoah, awesome production but really too much.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf - In my top 10. Best social deduction game released.

Police Precinct - Solid game but a bit boring after repeated plays.

Quicksilver - Components a little bland and a bit too slow with 6. Would need repeated plays to solidify opinion.

Race to Adventure! - Solid but unspectacular coop. Unique theme.

Resistance: Avalon - Second best social deduction game. Always up for a game.

Super Dungeon Explore - Kind of meh. Don't dig the art, but the gameplay is OK.

Two Rooms and a Boom - Great game.

Zpocalypse - Decent game but crappy rulebook and odd wording on some cards/scenarios. Nothing special.

To be clear, I only backed like 2 of these games and most of my experiences were with the retail copies of the game.

More
21 Apr 2014 22:26 - 21 Apr 2014 22:29 #176234 by lj1983
Eaten by Zombies -
received from secret Satan. awful rulebook. mediocre game.

Agents of Smersh -
received in trade. poorly written rulebook. mediocre game. TotAN does it better

Zombicide -
received in trade. poorly tested scenarios maybe, but simple and easy to pickup game. almost too simple.

Dungeon roll -
friend backed it. it is short?

Myth -
Kickstarted. Awful rulebook. dumbass card writing. an interesting game. retail packaging would be insulting if it were from a big company. from a fairly small one it shows severe lack of understanding their audience.

not a very difficult game, but frankly I got tired of having to tell people 'sorry, it doesn't work that way...despite the fact that the card says this...its really this way.' So I sold it off today and am pretty happy about that.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 22:29 by lj1983.

More
22 Apr 2014 01:13 #176237 by Gary Sax

lj1983 wrote: ]
Myth -
Kickstarted. Awful rulebook. dumbass card writing. an interesting game. retail packaging would be insulting if it were from a big company. from a fairly small one it shows severe lack of understanding their audience.

not a very difficult game, but frankly I got tired of having to tell people 'sorry, it doesn't work that way...despite the fact that the card says this...its really this way.' So I sold it off today and am pretty happy about that.

BUT BUT BUT BUT THAT'S YOUR FAULT

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1152150/do-...his-disaster-of-myth
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983, wadenels

More
22 Apr 2014 01:39 #176238 by trif
Fantastiqa - I love this game but I don't get a chance to play it as much as I'd like. I still prefer my old copy of Glory to Rome to the Black Box edition - primarily because it's much easier to play (and the Black Box edition leaves the hand size off the playmats which is ridiculous. So disappointed.) The Clowdus games have been fine (though Shadow of the Sun was disappointing compared to the others) and I'll probably continue to support him on Kickstarter. I like Sentinels of the Multiverse but the last game I played got stuck in a loop (between The Scholar and The Ennead.)

More
22 Apr 2014 01:48 #176239 by Bull Nakano
I believe Sentinels has a rule that if a power would cause an endless loop to occur the sequence happens once and then ends.

More
22 Apr 2014 02:10 #176240 by trif

Bull Nakano wrote: I believe Sentinels has a rule that if a power would cause an endless loop to occur the sequence happens once and then ends.

That's probably right, but the loop was hard to determine at first. It was a very weird interaction between the cards. As the Ennead had wiped the rest of us out we just ruled that The Scholar was imprisoned within the Tomb of Whatsit using his sorcery to prevent the Ennead from breaking out.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds