October 09, 2023
2522 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2723 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Summoning an asshat

More
26 Jan 2013 17:48 #142486 by SuperflyPete
Has anyone noticed that when you play Summoner Wars that some dickheads, like user "P3rsival" will not finish when they're badly beaten? This asshat is waiting for the clock to expire so he can post a 'Forfeit' instead of a normal loss.

WTF is up with that? I just want to clear my queue and there's been 3 people now that have done this. The shitty thing is that they'll create more games while NOT finishing gmes they've been badly whooped at.

/end rant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2013 18:14 - 26 Jan 2013 18:15 #142487 by Bull Nakano
Replied by Bull Nakano on topic Re: Summoning an asshat
There's a forfeit option in summoner wars, is doing that different from timing out? I've forfeited when I was getting crushed because what's the point of playing a 2p game out that you've clearly lost at? There is none.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2013 18:15 by Bull Nakano.

More
26 Jan 2013 18:38 #142488 by the_jake_1973
Why is a forfeit different than a normal loss? You still beat them. A 'W' is still a 'W'.

More
26 Jan 2013 18:44 #142489 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re: Summoning an asshat

SuperflyTNT wrote: Has anyone noticed that when you play Summoner Wars that some dickheads, like user "P3rsival" will not finish when they're badly beaten? This asshat is waiting for the clock to expire so he can post a 'Forfeit' instead of a normal loss.

WTF is up with that? I just want to clear my queue and there's been 3 people now that have done this. The shitty thing is that they'll create more games while NOT finishing gmes they've been badly whooped at.

/end rant

I'm really surprised to hear about this. Because I assume that assholes like that would be so common in online gaming that nobody would even bother mentioning it anymore. It would be like me complaining online every time I saw someone fail to use a turn signal during my morning commute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
26 Jan 2013 18:58 #142490 by TheDukester
Replied by TheDukester on topic Re: Summoning an asshat

SuperflyTNT wrote: This asshat is waiting for the clock to expire so he can post a 'Forfeit' instead of a normal loss.

Who cares? You'll still get credit for a win, and if make a note of the user-names, you'll never have to play them again.

Your best bet is to never play randoms. Just stick with your GameCenter list.

More
26 Jan 2013 19:07 #142491 by QPCloudy
Replied by QPCloudy on topic Re: Summoning an asshat
Personally I will play to the butter end. I don't care how long I have to dance around a wall. I'm going to make you work for it if I can.

More
26 Jan 2013 21:18 #142498 by Black Barney
*poof*

Cloudy, it's 'bitter' end.

....oops, sorry, I thought someone summoned an asshat. My work here is done.

*poof*
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy, QPCloudy, Fallen

More
27 Jan 2013 02:44 #142511 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Summoning an asshat

Shellhead wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: Has anyone noticed that when you play Summoner Wars that some dickheads, like user "P3rsival" will not finish when they're badly beaten? This asshat is waiting for the clock to expire so he can post a 'Forfeit' instead of a normal loss.

/end rant

I'm really surprised to hear about this. Because I assume that assholes like that would be so common in online gaming that nobody would even bother mentioning it anymore. It would be like me complaining online every time I saw someone fail to use a turn signal during my morning commute.

In the online PC gaming world, anyway, every game falls prey to rage-quits or some gamey shit to disconnect from the game by dropping your IP [rather than logging as "quit"]. First time I've ever heard of a "pantywaist stall," though.

And, yea, Shellz, you've about covered it. In the end, it's almost always about maintaining W:L ratio for some sort of ranking somewhere. And, is SW got some sort of ranking somewhere or feed into something special with GameCenter? (I've had my iPad a month and haven't figured out--and don't think I even care about--all the gamecenter stuff.)

If it doesn't have something like that, then this is just your standard whining punk-ass move of getting up and walking away from the table the minute they realize that they're in a hopeless position.

More
27 Jan 2013 20:04 #142539 by SuperflyPete
I couldn't care less about tallies, my Ascension score has to be 10 wins to 200 losses, I was just thinking it was a lame ass thing.

I don't online game much so sorry y'all, I never realized the world was full of so many wankers. Or I guess I did, I just hoped otherwise.

More
27 Jan 2013 23:42 #142560 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Summoning an asshat

SuperflyTNT wrote: I don't online game much so sorry y'all, I never realized the world was full of so many wankers. Or I guess I did, I just hoped otherwise.

Oh, it's actually *way* worse than the "real [rest of the] world" when it comes to just unbelievable douchebaggery. I used to play in a couple of competitive leagues for first-person shooters for a while. We used to regularly find teams using cheats, hacks, and "trainers" [aiming tools] in a league in which *no money or any prizes of any sort* were at stake.

It was unbelievable to me at the time (this being the age of Quake III and Return to Castle Wolfenstein) that people would choose to, in essence, use steroids and blood doping to win a bar league softball tournament. (Actually, THAT might earn you free drinks and a thrift-store trophy; our league didn't even earn recognition beyond team name on the organizer's website for a few weeks until the next tourney kicked off.)

More
28 Jan 2013 00:01 #142562 by DukeofChutney
played Go online for a while and this was fairly common. Players would often just try to out wait you in order for either you to leave and they get a win, or it be declared a draw. Bad design on the servers part really.

More
28 Jan 2013 00:56 #142565 by ioticus
Replied by ioticus on topic Re: Summoning an asshat
Yep, online manners are much worse than "real life" manners.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds