October 09, 2023
2522 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2723 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Lords of Waterdeep iOS

More
23 Nov 2013 15:23 #165854 by QPCloudy
Clearly many of you have missed this in the App Store, as the number of friends I have playing this is too damn low. Go grab it! There are a couple bugs but nothing game breaking and it's the quality you expect from PlayDek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 16:31 #165856 by Legomancer
I have it and it's very nice. I'm Legomancer on GC but a warning: I tend to take all my turns at night, once a day, so I'm slow. Sorry. I check more often on weekends but I still am not taking a turn every 30 minutes the way I guess I'm supposed to.

I also play Ascension, Brief History, Nightfall, Lost Cities, and Stone Age. I'd like to play Neuroshima and Small World but I guess I'm too slow for them and they always time out.

More
23 Nov 2013 17:45 #165858 by TheDukester
LoW really is a pretty nice app. I generally run away screaming from worker-placement games, but this one has just enough theme and just enough interesting gameplay to keep me going. Another hit for Playdek.

More
24 Nov 2013 23:11 #165907 by hotseatgames
I've got a few plays in, against the AI. They keep beating my ass, and if one of them draws a mandatory quest, you can bet it's coming my way.

I've never played the proper game, so please correct me if I'm wrong... but it seems like slapping a mandatory quest on someone is practically a death sentence if he can't immediately dismiss it. You lose too much ground.

More
25 Nov 2013 11:03 #165929 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Re: Lords of Waterdeep iOS

hotseatgames wrote:
I've never played the proper game, so please correct me if I'm wrong... but it seems like slapping a mandatory quest on someone is practically a death sentence if he can't immediately dismiss it. You lose too much ground.

I hate those fucking cards. Esp if its one that requires one of the more scarce cubes ( like orange ) and you squat on the one space that has them, you can really hose your opponent .

More
25 Nov 2013 14:13 #165940 by RobertB
Replied by RobertB on topic Re: Lords of Waterdeep iOS
hotseatgames wrote

I'd say that it hurts a little at the start, because you're basically just getting a undervalued quest. But on turn 7 or 8, where you have a little bit of a plan that counts on that single cube, yes, you're kind of hosed.

More
25 Nov 2013 14:32 #165944 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, I boguht this over the weekend and it is really good. The AI is shockingly competent, if only because it directs most of the cards at you. Especially in 4-5 player games, they dump that shit on you constantly.

I was kind of worried that it wouldn't play well, that it really needed not necessarily human players but the casual social environment for it to work. But yeah, it works pretty darn good.

I'll MP if anyone wants to.

More
25 Nov 2013 18:42 #165965 by ozjesting

RobertB wrote: hotseatgames wrote

I'd say that it hurts a little at the start, because you're basically just getting a undervalued quest. But on turn 7 or 8, where you have a little bit of a plan that counts on that single cube, yes, you're kind of hosed.

That's what buildings are for. Eventually they open up more options and if you get one working for you as owner even better! Also intrigue cards offer quite a bit in terms of things you need. Being forever held out shouldn't be possible...just timed enough to cause trouble ;)

45 day timer is pretty handy...so I'm down for a big F:AT game if someone sets it up! I'm ozjesting on game centre

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds