October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2720 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

Wii U Discussion

More
22 May 2014 14:30 #178698 by SaMoKo
Replied by SaMoKo on topic Re: Wii U Discussion

Chaz wrote: Btw, this deal gets even better if you have a deluxe system and buy digitally. For buying the game, you should get 599 points, which gives you a $5 eshop certificate. Depending on how they handle the free game, redeeming that might get you another bunch of points (599 for the good games), which will get you ANOTHER $5 certificate.

Basically, I'm saying that if you buy it on the eshop, you'll get a cheap or free copy of Earthbound in addition to Pikmin 3.

Hm, I haven't thought of the eshop credit thing. Time to finish up my Mega Man collection I guess!

For HD Space, I think Pikmin 3 takes up about 4 gig of memory, not sure about MK8, but I'm guessing around 5-6.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2014 14:34 #178701 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re: Wii U Discussion
Those eShop credits are going to be spent on PICROSS e4 because I am so weak. Weak and frail like a baby.

More
22 May 2014 15:43 #178704 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic Re: Wii U Discussion

SaMoKo wrote:

Chaz wrote: Btw, this deal gets even better if you have a deluxe system and buy digitally. For buying the game, you should get 599 points, which gives you a $5 eshop certificate. Depending on how they handle the free game, redeeming that might get you another bunch of points (599 for the good games), which will get you ANOTHER $5 certificate.

Basically, I'm saying that if you buy it on the eshop, you'll get a cheap or free copy of Earthbound in addition to Pikmin 3.

Hm, I haven't thought of the eshop credit thing. Time to finish up my Mega Man collection I guess!

For HD Space, I think Pikmin 3 takes up about 4 gig of memory, not sure about MK8, but I'm guessing around 5-6.

I've got Mario 3d World and Monster Hunter on there, plus the VCs of Super Metroid and Link to the Past. Maybe there'll be enough left over for two more? If I delete a game, I keep my saves, right? This isn't some iOS "you delete the game, you delete your data" bullshit, right?

More
22 May 2014 16:22 #178707 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Re: Wii U Discussion
I accidentally plugged our NTSC Wii into a 220v outlet and fried it. The cheapest wii I can get out here is the Wii mini, which has no internet and can't be soft modded. The kids are asking for an Xbox 360, but they also just learned they can play my son' Steam games remotely on our flat screen, so perhaps that will be our next "console." #pcmasterrace
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 May 2014 16:26 #178710 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re: Wii U Discussion

More
22 May 2014 20:30 #178727 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic Re: Wii U Discussion
The Wii's ability to online play (Mario-Kart, etc) is being phased out. I never used it much (Mario Kart is more fun when you can shove the jerk next to you during a race) but it's something to consider.

More
23 May 2014 08:12 #178741 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic Re: Wii U Discussion

wadenels wrote: The Wii's ability to online play (Mario-Kart, etc) is being phased out. I never used it much (Mario Kart is more fun when you can shove the jerk next to you during a race) but it's something to consider.

So, if online play for the Wii is being phased out does that also mean access to the download able 16-bit games (virtual arcade?) will no longer be accessible? Rather is it online play specifically that's going, or is it any and all online functionality?

More
23 May 2014 08:15 #178742 by Pug
Replied by Pug on topic Re: Wii U Discussion
I think it's just the online play, the servers for those will be shut down. The store is a separate entity I believe. The Wii VC games can also be bought on the Wii U so it would be a bad idea for them to shut that down :)

More
23 May 2014 13:38 #178780 by SaMoKo
Replied by SaMoKo on topic Re: Wii U Discussion

Chaz wrote: I've got Mario 3d World and Monster Hunter on there, plus the VCs of Super Metroid and Link to the Past. Maybe there'll be enough left over for two more? If I delete a game, I keep my saves, right? This isn't some iOS "you delete the game, you delete your data" bullshit, right?

I'm honestly not sure :3

If you are really short on space, the free game offer doesn't just extend to digital copies of MK8, you can also register a physical copy on Club Nintendo and then download your free game. You'll get a code for the download that you can enter in the eShop, similar to how the FE/SMT deal worked.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds