October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Exhausted with LCG updates

More
03 May 2013 17:15 - 03 May 2013 18:50 #151401 by dragonstout

ThirstyMan wrote:

dragonstout wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

dragonstout wrote: I don't think bioball is referring to fatigue with buying LCG updates, but just with SEEING them covered everywhere. I agree with him. I check FFG's website every day hoping for a goddamn Cosmic Encounter expansion announcement, since they had previous been announced in January every year like clockwork, but no............

And San, they're not done with Talisman...not until they fill in the final corner board!

I guess that's one of those first world problems.

Literally, literally, every complaint anyone has ever made, ever, on this site, except Uba's house burning down and Loter & others losing their jobs, are first world problems. It's a board game site.

So all complaints about anything tangential, unless it's personal, are a waste of bandwidth??

It might be a boardgame site but we are not limited to discussing boardgames, if that's OK with you.

Not sure where this is coming from, what you're objecting to, or what you're even saying. My point was that invoking the "first world problems" meme to counter complaints is pointless on a site devoted to talking, and complaining, about board games.
Last edit: 03 May 2013 18:50 by dragonstout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 17:26 #151402 by ThirstyMan
Forget it, misunderstood the statement

More
03 May 2013 17:42 #151403 by wice
Replied by wice on topic Re: Exhausted with LCG updates

bioball wrote: Most things on here qualify as "first world problems" because we argue about, with at times excessive passion, boardgames. Every question could be answered with, "Then don't play/buy/look/read about it". However, it is an enjoyable hobby for all of us and worthly of some commentary.

With that said, my complaint is that FFG has a huge boardgame catalouge and only 6 (which is about 3 too many) LCGs. Yet looking at the news feed you'd think this was an LCG, book, and miniature company that just got into boardgames. This can't be a good thing. I would have though the combination of the internet and "print-on-demand" would provide great opportunities to breath life into older games. Just look at how much staying power Arkham Horror has via Google: Trends

That's like complaining that there are fewer news about movies than about TV episodes. Of course there's going to be more news about the LCG "expansions" than about boardgames, because there's one expansion pack for each LCG each month. I don't see how FFG could produce 6+ new boardgames each month just so you wouldn't feel they became an LCG company.

More
03 May 2013 18:58 #151409 by bioball

wice wrote: Of course there's going to be more news about the LCG "expansions" than about boardgames, because there's one expansion pack for each LCG each month. I don't see how FFG could produce 6+ new boardgames each month just so you wouldn't feel they became an LCG company.

Neither do I, which I why I didn't suggest it in any of my previous posts. (1) I wasn't calling for FFG to publish 6+ board games a month, but instead perhaps utilize "print-on-demand" to support older, yet still popular, games (see Google Trends link with Arkham Horror) and (2) I questioned if FFG is smart in pursuing a 6(+?) LCG strategy in general. Hell, even other folks brought up LCG "fatigue" in general- I was just remarking about seeing shallow, unsubstantive "news" items about them. As San said:

Like, what do I need to know about the other Hoth Force Packs that isn't already in the other ones you announced? Usually all the news we have is a title.

I get it- they are making a lot of money off of the LCG strategy. I love Netrunner. However, again, its starting to make me wonder if they are losing focus. I would think enriching established game that continue to attract new fans is just as viable or important.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds