October 09, 2023
2544 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2739 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

F:AT Camp - finding F:ATties (gaming with humans)

More
06 Jan 2010 14:00 #52276 by Thaadd
I've seen a number of people posting for gamers in their area - either because they moved there, already lived there and want new gaming buddies, or are visiting a spot.

Rather than a bunch of threads that all get old, and are disjointed, I thought I might steal a thread idea from SA and post a mirror of one of their threads here.

Since we do play a variety of games *(minis, card games, board games, rpgs) post information about what you are interested in playing, as well as where you are, and what sort of group/gaming thing you are looking for.

Example:

Thaadd - Minneapolis, MN (city, not suburbs!) - looking for people to play Ameritrash board games and RPGs with. Don't have a regular group, looking for people who might be interested in playing mostly weekends when time is free (little notice!).

Open to most RPGs, but only really familiar enough with White Wolf games to run those, can pick up most others as a player.

Most likely would be playing at coffee shop. Send PM if interested...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2010 14:08 #52279 by Nick Dalton
Nick - State College, PA - Looking for people to play Ameritrash wargames (WWII tactical mostly but open to others), and some Euros (Settlers, Mare Nostrum, and the like).

Could play at my house or on Penn State's campus. PM if interested...

More
06 Jan 2010 14:21 #52286 by Sagrilarus
The Google Map has people showing Want to Plays in their descriptions as well. That might be the quickest way to figure out who's close and what they're interested in. If you click on the people in the Baltimore area you can see examples of what I'm talking about.

maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe...7e41fde832d5ff51&z=2

S.

More
06 Jan 2010 14:47 #52297 by Thaadd
Just because someone is there, doesn't mean they're looking for gamers... nor does it tell you what they play. Or where.... or how....

The aim of this is more for people actively seeking out monkeys to game with.

More
06 Jan 2010 14:53 #52300 by caadamec
Thaadd wrote:

Hold on! The title of the thread has 'gaming with humans'. What are you trying to pull here!??!

More
06 Jan 2010 15:16 - 06 Jan 2010 15:17 #52303 by ubarose
I recommend adding "key word" location names to your post so that people can get more useful search results. Using the Advanced Forum Search , members can search just the Cons & Events forum. Adding completely spelled out names of states in particular would probably be a good idea. Searching for something like MO is going to pull up a lot of garbage. Adding the name of a nearby major city, if you aren't in one might also be helpful.

You could even just add them in a string at the bottom of your post.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2010 15:17 by ubarose.

More
06 Jan 2010 15:18 #52305 by ubarose
I like meeting and playing with new people, but I'll probably try to convince you to play Buffy at least once. PM me.

Connecticut
Hartford, CT
Manchester, CT
Vernon, CT
Ellington, CT

More
06 Jan 2010 15:33 - 06 Jan 2010 15:49 #52309 by Sagrilarus
Thaadd wrote:

Just because someone is there, doesn't mean they're looking for gamers... nor does it tell you what they play. Or where.... or how....

I think it's a pretty fair assumption that if someone has put themselves on the map and included something like "Want to Play TI3" in their description that they've opened the door to be contacted for a play. They can always turn you down.

I don't mean to use the map as a replacement, but it's an intuitive way to see who's close if you want to start finding local groups.

S.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2010 15:49 by Sagrilarus.

More
06 Jan 2010 16:21 #52315 by Tevin
I think this is a great idea, and I'm going to re-post my thread from the convention forum I just put up. I've tried the map, and I only found one person in my area!

(Seattle, WA) Is there any sort of meetup that happens on Saturday in the Seattle area? I'm into all kinds of games, and really open to playing new stuff.

I know of lot's of places around that cater to Pokemon, Star Wars Minis and their ilk, but I'm looking for a group that plays board games of the AT or (light) Euro variety.

I live in Queen Anne, but I'm willing to go outside the city if need be.

More
06 Jan 2010 16:46 #52322 by TheDukester
Wait ... you guys play games with other people? Bounce with that bullshit.

More
06 Jan 2010 17:06 #52326 by Tevin
I tried playing with cats, but they quit early if they're losing. They're such pussies.

*ba-dump-ching*

More
06 Jan 2010 17:07 #52327 by OldHippy
I'll stick my neck out.

Jacob:

Vancouver, Canada

Willing to play games of any type (AT, Dex, Euro, War, RPG) pretty much (but no gmabling) with people who like to have fun. We have an active group and others are welcome if they can handle rude language, the odd bit of pot smoking (both types in the group), some beers, and short notice. We usually play in East Van/Burnaby but occasionaly New West as well. Our group is able to call upon 2-12 people at any given moment.

Also if you jam that is a bonus because many of us are also musicians.

More
06 Jan 2010 18:38 #52338 by Mr Skeletor
Frank

Melbourne, Australia

Preference for modern ameritrash. Does not gamble. Tries to avoid dickheads and boring people. Plays in several game clubs.
www.melbournegamers.com is the best place to organise a game with me.

More
07 Jan 2010 10:58 #52387 by Gary Sax
Urbana, IL.

I'll play most anything but *really* dry euros. Would really like to stretch of my AT sealegs. If you like wargames, I've got some to play as well.

More
07 Jan 2010 11:29 #52390 by caadamec
How about a meet up at the new FFG Event Center ?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds