October 09, 2023
2635 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2825 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

WBC

More
07 Jun 2011 22:16 #97603 by madwookiee
WBC was created by madwookiee
Can someone give me the lowdown? Sounds like there will be a bunch of F:ATties there - I'm trying to figure out if it's worth taking time off work. How do you all usually arrange your schedule, do you do any of the planned events or just open gaming, what do you all usually play, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2011 22:57 #97605 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re: WBC
WBC is awesome. There were a large number of F:ATies there last year.

I'll be there all week. I do none of the scheduled events or tournaments. I just usually open game from about 2pm - 2am (I'm not a morning person). Some of the F:ATies do the tournaments. I think last year all but one or two of the finalist for TI3 were F:ATies. I know that some people play the first round of some of the tournaments just to be able to play a favorite game with experienced players.

I don't remember what all we played last year except for a big game of Arkham Horror (which we do every year), Betrayal at House on the Hill ( I remember that one because Loter gave it a beer bath), and Beep Beep (which I actually didn't play, I just brought around the tray of Makers Mark).

More
07 Jun 2011 23:38 #97610 by MattFantastic
Replied by MattFantastic on topic Re: WBC
I'll bring my tank tops and party vibes.

I'm working Friday-Sunday during the day, but I'll be shredding the days before and at night. I think even more Fatties will be there this year.

More
08 Jun 2011 00:57 #97613 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re: WBC
I'm planning to play in about 1 tournment a day and the rest will be open gaming with Uba and other F:ATties.

Monday - Wellington
Tuesday - Star Wars: Queens Gambit
Wednesday - Open
Thursday - Ti3 10:00 - 2:00 and 7:00 - 11:00
Friday - Ti3 finals if I qualify (tough competition with Will Kenyon coming up from Atlanta)
Saturday - Washington's War

No Caylus for me this year. Caylus is conflicting with Ti3 and Washington's War.

More
08 Jun 2011 03:58 #97616 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Re: WBC
OH MY GOD....no Caylus? I can talk to Greenwood if you like...;)

More
08 Jun 2011 10:52 #97622 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic Re: WBC
Unlike Trashfest South, I'll actually be there. I'll be spending some time at the Stronghold booth, but I'll still have tons of free time to game. Last year was the first time I met the F:ATties but I plan to spend more time with them this year.

Uba, I owe you a game of Arkham Horror.

More
08 Jun 2011 14:01 - 08 Jun 2011 17:11 #97623 by flim_flam
Replied by flim_flam on topic Re: WBC
I plan on being there from Tuesday morning to the bitter end this year. Nearly a whole week because it is just too much fun every single time I go. I will be working with Loter on Fri-Sun again.

As for tournamnets, I will likely find time to play Chicago Express, Washington's War, Combat Commander, and maybe Founding Fathers. Otherwise, I will be very happy to just do open gaming with my FATtie friends.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2011 17:11 by flim_flam.

More
08 Jun 2011 21:43 #97640 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re: WBC

flim_flam wrote: I plan on being there from Tuesday morning to the bitter end this year. Nearly a whole week because it is just too much fun every single time I go. I will be working with Loter on Fri-Sun again.

As for tournamnets, I will likely find time to play Chicago Express, Washington's War, Combat Commander, and maybe Founding Fathers. Otherwise, I will be very happy to just do open gaming with my FATtie friends.

What about Ti3 on Thursday? I'll make sure you don't sit next drunk Lotter this time.

More
08 Jun 2011 21:49 #97641 by MattFantastic
Replied by MattFantastic on topic Re: WBC
You all can suck it, I beat Will Kenyon on his home turf, though I wasn't nearly as drunk as I was for that ConnCon game.

I predict that I will double qualify, winning in both rounds, yet still have to give up my seat so I can work.

More
09 Jun 2011 07:18 #97655 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Re: WBC
Uba:

No one really played Beep Beep.

I think it is very amusing there was a Beep Beep tourney last year. Imagine men in their 40s rules lawyering a kids game.

More
18 Jun 2011 18:56 #98152 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: WBC
Oh Yes. Oh Yes. Oh Yes.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way

And also there is a bar....

If I have to travel on a plane for 15 hours to get there... it must be worth it. I will be in the bar from thrusday night(roughly 30th July) until the end. All Fatties welcome to have a beers or 15.

More
18 Jun 2011 20:16 #98155 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic Re: WBC
The bar in the hotel? Andy, I'm taking you and anyone else that wants to go with me over to a place called the Lancaster Brewing Company. AWESOME beer with about 15 to choose from.

It's literally half the reason I go to Lancaster.

More
18 Jun 2011 23:02 #98157 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: WBC
I'll be swinging up for at least 1 day to badger whomever is manning the L2 booth to hand me my copy of Rommel's War if it's out by then as well as to buy a copy of Breakout Normandy, again if it actually exists.

More
18 Jun 2011 23:38 #98158 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Re: WBC
I arrive Saturday late morning in time for the start of the Hannibal precon and stay the entire time.

More
19 Jun 2011 13:59 #98172 by Nagajur
Replied by Nagajur on topic Re: WBC
This is my first WBC. I'd really like to get in on a game of TI:3. Is there a roll call somewhere? I was thinking about arriving later in the week, but I'm concerned about the smell by then.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds