October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2713 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
29 Oct 2014 06:32 #189501 by Calandale
Been doing some good ol' AT: Gammarauders.

Started coverage: thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php?topic=1520.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2014 16:23 #189526 by Chaz
A few buddies and are planning a game night soon. We had five confirmed, so I figured it would be a perfect time to finally get to try out A Study in Emerald and/or Kemet. I was psyched.

Then one of the guys wants to invite his girlfriend. That puts us to six people, and out of the range of most of the games I want to play. Then this dude suggests playing Arkham Horror. God fucking dammit, I like these dudes, but I really don't want to drive an hour so I can play six player Arkahm Horror.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, evilgit

More
29 Oct 2014 17:03 #189529 by evilgit

Chaz wrote: A few buddies and are planning a game night soon. We had five confirmed, so I figured it would be a perfect time to finally get to try out A Study in Emerald and/or Kemet. I was psyched.

Then one of the guys wants to invite his girlfriend. That puts us to six people, and out of the range of most of the games I want to play. Then this dude suggests playing Arkham Horror. God fucking dammit, I like these dudes, but I really don't want to drive an hour so I can play six player Arkahm Horror.

Hahaha, find a second group to cheat on them with....

More
29 Oct 2014 17:15 #189531 by DeletedUser

Chaz wrote: That puts us to six people, and out of the range of most of the games I want to play.

Four and five are my ideal number of players these days. We used to regularly get six, but it cut out most of the games that I wanted to play so we capped it at five and alternate between a four and five player game night. Perfect.

Suggest another game to your group. Life's too short to play sub-optimal-player-number-games.

More
29 Oct 2014 18:23 #189535 by Chaz
Problem is that we don't have many 6 player games between us. There's Battlestar, Libertalia, Flash Point, Duel of Ages II, Starcraft, and Here I Stand. Libertalia and Flash Point are cool, but not worth driving an hour to play. Battlestar is a possibility. Duel of Ages II I haven't actually gotten to play myself, so I don't really want to introduce it to five new players cold. Starcraft would also be cool, but probably wouldn't fly with the girlfriend, and would take about six hours. Here I Stand is, well, Here I Stand.

Kinda hoping the girlfriend doesn't wind up wanting to come. No, I'm totally hoping that's what happens.

More
29 Oct 2014 19:11 #189541 by Sagrilarus
Two games of three each. It's just that simple.

More
29 Oct 2014 20:39 #189542 by Michael Barnes
Burn all of your other games in a fire and procure the following:

Cosmic Encounter (w/ at least one expansion)
Acquire
Settlers of Catan (w/ 5-6 player expansion)
Bohnanza

You'll be set. All play six.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels, scrumpyjack

More
30 Oct 2014 08:27 #189554 by Chaz
I really should get Cosmic one of these days, and Bohnanza has been on my "why did I get rid of this, I'm gonna rebuy" list for a while. Catan I just never liked. It's a good game, but it puts me to sleep.

Splitting to smaller games is an option, but the place we're playing is already small, so there's no room to have two tables going at once.

More
30 Oct 2014 09:29 #189555 by bfkiller
My wife and I tried A Touch of Evil last night but put it away before we were even halfway through. We just weren't feeling it. It's a bad combination of dumb and uneventful. My wife put it well: "There's nothing here for people who play games regularly."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
30 Oct 2014 10:43 #189564 by charlest
I played A Touch of Evil for the first time with some friends at GenCon. We had all three boards in play and I thought it was actually really enjoyable. A more streamlined, moody, and engaging Arkham Horror. That board is just beautiful with all three sections, particularly the coast.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.471 seconds