October 09, 2023
2603 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2804 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
13 Apr 2014 21:26 #175788 by charlest

Bull Nakano wrote:

Legomancer wrote: What's nice about that Coup Kickstarter is that he's kind enough to tell you up front that fuck it, he can't be bothered to fix typos and shit.

But even with multiple edits, and constant proofing there may be minor typos, or grammar usage that is annoying to you in your rewards or other little things that would have been nice to have avoided but don't affect how the game is played. Mistakes that materially affects game play will of course be addressed but sometimes there are are minor errors that might be distracting but do not affect game play that I can't justify correcting. So if minor errors get under your skin and make it itch then you probably don't want to be an early adopter and are better off waiting till you've had a chance to see the final product and then buy it in your local hobby store.

"I'm making 200K for a simple expansion that people could play with just the rules, if there's a problem with the final product you'll have to live with it. That's what you get for supporting me." - Travis, Indie Board and Cards

Do you guys know the backstory of why he did this? It's because the Avalon kickstarter had two small typos on a couple of cards, it said "Unkown" instead of "Unknown" and people shit a brick and he had to have fixed cards reprinted. I'm not saying that warnings not kind of ridiculous but he's trying to cover his ass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeletedUser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2014 22:48 #175791 by Bull Nakano
Yeah, I know that. He's printing a game with nearly no card text, he's making 200k, have 20 people proof the game materials if you have to. No ones going to care about a typo in the rules, a typo on a card, particularly in a game with almost no card text is pretty glaring, and should be caught.

More
13 Apr 2014 22:58 - 13 Apr 2014 23:01 #175792 by Sagrilarus
And if it's not?

In other hobbies the misprint version is desireable. "Pwned" has entered the language. In boardgames people get all lit up.

I have the El Grande version with the errored cards. Adds flavor.

S.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2014 23:01 by Sagrilarus.

More
13 Apr 2014 23:00 #175793 by DeletedUser
Using American English is as good as printing a game full of typos anyway, so I'm prepared for the worst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, OldHippy, madwookiee, ThirstyMan, the_jake_1973

More
13 Apr 2014 23:52 #175794 by Stan Leer
Someone here turned me on to the ten year hoodie. I like mine and can get behind the philosophy and manufacturing of quality garments. I like all my F&T stuff. Besides I could use a new pair of jeans.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/jakehimself...made-to-order-for-ju

More
14 Apr 2014 02:41 #175795 by Gary Sax
Their jeans are fucking awesome. I have a pair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
14 Apr 2014 09:14 #175803 by ThirstyMan
I like the jeans but sizes only go up to 42 (despite them saying 'all sizes') and I am a fat bastard.

I get my shit custom tailored because tailoring and materials are so cheap here. Fully tailored suit for $150 is some good shit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax

More
14 Apr 2014 09:20 #175804 by SuperflyPete

Sagrilarus wrote: And if it's not?

In other hobbies the misprint version is desireable. "Pwned" has entered the language. In boardgames people get all lit up.

I have the El Grande version with the errored cards. Adds flavor.

S.

Errata - due to printing problems with the cards, there are 5 cards with incomplete text on them. The complete text is in the rules. The affected cards are shown below:From the "1" stack:"Intrigue: Move all of your own Caballeros from...any one region!""Intrigue: Move any 4 of your own Caballeros on...the board!"From the "2" stack:"Your fellow players must send all of their own Caballeros from one region back to the provinces. Each player decides which region. Decide...secretly!"From the "4" stack:"Power Cards: take 1 of your cards from the discard stack...back into your hand." (2 cards)From the "expansion" deck:"The King You may move the king to any...region."We apologize for this printing error and hope you will enjoy the game.

I. NEVER. HEARD. THIS.

I have the error version too, and it never hurt our ability to play. I hate errata. They should just pretend it's fine.

More
14 Apr 2014 12:18 #175815 by the_jake_1973
$100 for a pair of fucking jeans?!? Ones that you don't even get to try on first and look like Wranglers. Seriously, people.

More
14 Apr 2014 12:23 #175816 by SuperflyPete
Plenty of people here have purchased games they'll never play for far more than $100.00. At least you get the utility of having some handsome clothes when you buy these.

Perspective, Jake. Perspective.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds