October 09, 2023
2523 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2724 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What BEVERAGE are you drinking?

More
10 Apr 2014 20:22 #175597 by wadenels

Michael Barnes wrote: I wish we got Yuengling here, I drank a bunch of that a couple years ago when I spent a month in Florida

You can simulate the taste of Yuengling by boiling corn and drinking the water.

Somebody mentioned the whole craft beer drive toward undrinkability...man, that is so true. Imperial everything, over-hopping or over-malting everything, coming up with bizarre ass shit like WATERMELON beer...whatever happened to just good, solid, drinkable beer being what you after instead of this "these beers of ours" bullshit that seems to exist only to weed out the casual beer fans?

http://rogue.com/store/categories/Voodoo/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2014 20:31 #175598 by Da Bid Dabid

ThirstyMan wrote: On a totally unrelated thread hijack note, how much Diclofenac should I take after a root canal? It fucking hurts like a motherfucker. Is that shit safe? Can I take a shitload every 4 hours?

Although here in the US we generally prefer other NSAIDs, I am much more familiar with say ibuprofen, I beleive Diclofenac is well tolerated like that. While every patient has different needs dosing schedule etc. I would usually give 400 mg ibuprofen for its anti-inflammatory properties every 4 hour hours and in between dosages give Vicodin or some other narotic every 4 hours, therefore dosing every 2 hours. Side effects will generally be worse if you go heavy one drug instead of alternating. Chronic use of NSAIDs result in stomach GI stuff such as ulcers and such and just be aware if you have liver issues or are on other critical meds that are broken down in liver (most of them). Overall its a pretty safe drug.

Speaking of liver issues and getting back on topic. Been drinking away my Hopslam supply, down to a 6er. Had an alright bomber of Flying Hippo - belgian IPA from my favorite UP brewery Blackrocks - it was decent but nothing special, hoping for better from the bomber of Barbaric Yawp a scotch ale. Also recently stopped by Dragonsmead brewery which I didn't realize is like 8 minutes from my house. Blown away by how many taps they had, tried a few things without anything standing out but everything being decent to solid. Took a growler of Final Absolution home for a buddy and one of Crown Jewels IPA for myself, which are now both also drank. Said buddy also brought a bomber of Stone Enjoy by 4/20 IPA, I had this last year and its very refreshing will likely enjoy by 4/20 as it says on the bottle. Finally as its getting warm out again and BBQ season is firing up my tastes will likely drift to Labatt and Miller High Life. Split a case of bottles with a buddy at Tiger's opening day tailgate and can't wait to grill and drink more of that as well on the nice weekends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThirstyMan

More
10 Apr 2014 20:35 #175599 by Gary Sax
My brother told me I have to try the Stone Enjoy by 4/20, good to hear someone else recommend it.

More
10 Apr 2014 20:50 #175600 by madwookiee
Orkney's Skull Splitter. Now, that's a beer.

More
10 Apr 2014 21:38 - 10 Apr 2014 21:52 #175604 by Sagrilarus

Michael Barnes wrote: You can simulate the taste of Yuengling by boiling corn and drinking the water.

. . . over-hopping or over-malting everything, coming up with bizarre ass shit like WATERMELON beer...whatever happened to just good, solid, drinkable beer being what you after instead of this "these beers of ours" bullshit that seems to exist only to weed out the casual beer fans?

Sorry dude, even a hipster of your deep, profound level has to pick one side of an argument or the other for the duration of a single post.

S.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2014 21:52 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, wice

More
11 Apr 2014 12:14 #175629 by Egg Shen
I like beer...but I'm certainly no beer snob. I'll drink anything as long as it tastes good. I can easily drink some silly obscure microbrew and I can drink a PBR (in an unironic, non-hipster, non-douchebag way). I really dislike most of the over-hopped IPAs out there. Something about them really doesn't jive with my palette.

Given the choice I will always choose a good cocktail over any other type of alcoholic beverage. A really good Old Fashioned or Manhattan...or my favorite Gimlets! They're just really refreshing...and they get you fucked up! Plus it's fun to experiment and just try making tasty concoctions.

I wish I liked wine more than I do. There are very few that really WOW me. Though I admit I don't really try too many of them. I'd rather just mix up a drink instead.

More
11 Apr 2014 13:47 - 11 Apr 2014 13:48 #175633 by ChristopherMD
I look at beer the same way I look at food. Its all in the quality of the ingredients and how well its prepared. I don't want to eat McDonald's or Burger King and don't want to drink PBR or Natty Ice. I'd rather get something that I at least have a chance of enjoying. I don't care if that makes me a food/beer snob. Its my choice to make.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2014 13:48 by ChristopherMD.

More
11 Apr 2014 14:27 #175636 by repoman
It needs to be said:

Sam Adams, brewer AND patriot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
11 Apr 2014 15:05 #175637 by Sagrilarus

repoman wrote: It needs to be said:

Sam Adams, brewer AND patriot.

And Insurgent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madwookiee, repoman, wadenels

More
11 Apr 2014 15:07 #175639 by bomber
I am drinking La Chouffe rather quickly, and at 8% its just reaffirming my wish to call Schweig a poncey fucking twat. Sniff my fucking jockstrap kraut.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds