October 09, 2023
2789 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2934 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
07 Mar 2016 20:13 #223978 by Michael Barnes
I watched it too, and it is a pretty good, very Westernized wuxia with practically none of the literacy, elegance and beauty of the original. CTHD is a masterpiece of world cinema, a picture that pretty much blew every other wuxia movie before it out of the water in the way that LOTR did for fantasy films. The CTHD sequel is a decent, modern Kung fu flick. It really has more in common with some of Yuen Wo Ping's other films (like Iron Monkey) than CTHD.

"Hey remember that dude Lu Mi Bai?"

"Yeah, but not his face..."

So it's his silhouette.

That was pretty lame...guess CYF couldn't be bothered...or he's gotten too old or something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2016 02:25 - 08 Mar 2016 02:26 #223986 by SuperFlySwatter
no no, it was just bad *and* boring. And seeing Donnie Yen with his silly hair just emphasized that I should have just watched Ip Man again instead.

At least it wasn't as god awful as The Maze Runner, for some reason I also sat through the sequel which somehow was even worse. The book wasn't that great either so I don't think I will be finishing the series off in either format. I only borrowed the books because I got chatting about dystopia with an incredibly attractive woman at work, now I have to man up and tell her that her taste in dystopian fiction is severely lacking. On the plus side I will lend her some proper books instead.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 02:26 by SuperFlySwatter.

More
08 Mar 2016 10:45 #223996 by Gregarius
I started watching The Wolfpack last night. It's about a family of seven kids who are shut-ins in their New York City east side apartment and all obsessed with movies. They watch them repeatedly, transcribe the scripts, build paper-mache props and costumes, and then re-enact them. This was an indie darling a couple of years ago, so I decided to catch up with it. Unfortunately, I only got about half an hour into it. It alternated between sad and boring, and I just couldn't get into it. How could parents do that to their kids? Has anyone seen it? Is it worth getting though the rest of it?

When I gave up on Wolfpack, I needed something to cleanse my palate. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Sword of Destiny Movie of Netflix would have been the easy choice, but instead I went with The Legend of Drunken Master. Man, I could watch Jackie Chan fight for days.

More
08 Mar 2016 10:54 #223998 by charlest
Room made me feel ill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
08 Mar 2016 14:39 #224010 by SuperflyPete
The wife saw Room and her response was "disturbing".

More
08 Mar 2016 17:23 #224020 by Black Barney
Yeah, that's a rough one. Bad Date movie apparently...

Oh man, I can't believe someone saw the sequel to the maze runner, the first was so painful to get through

More
09 Mar 2016 01:30 #224033 by MacDirk Diggler
Saw the documentary Death of Superman Lives. I can't recommend it enough if you care about superhero movies or comics or Tim Burton. Was set to star Nicolas Cage in 1998, initial script by Kevin Smith. It's crazy how much they go out of their way to find folks to add creative elements to the movie who know NOTHING about the comic. They kick around a lot of interesting ideas and you get to see behind the scenes how the sausage gets made. Check it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob, Josh Look

More
09 Mar 2016 08:54 #224036 by Columbob
I remember when Nic Cage was chosen to be Superman, people were upset because of...his hair! Or lack thereof.

More
09 Mar 2016 09:21 #224037 by Josh Look
Thanks for reminding me about that, I need to get on it. I see the director has a new movie he's working on about the popularity of superhero movies, conventions, and overall "geek culture" going on right now and how that doesn't translate into people going to comic shops.

I put The Lost Boys in on a whim last night. Still a ton of fun. Not my favorite vampire movie (which is Near Dark), but it's pretty close.

More
09 Mar 2016 09:27 #224039 by Jason Lutes
I love Near Dark, but my favorite vampire movie is What We Do in the Shadows.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds