October 09, 2023
2521 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2723 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
21 Feb 2019 10:26 #292821 by jeb
Picked up a copy of SEAL TEAM F X at Amazon, ust an impulse buy driven by my American need to purchase things to feel good, and there's some residual Pete guilt churning there too, I'm sure.

This game is fucking huge. It's like a return to the FFG Big Box days. My 7yo's eyes lit up as we opened the box. There's like a 1000 things to punch out. He's in heaven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames, WadeMonnig, Vysetron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2019 11:04 #292830 by hotseatgames
Please let us know what you think of it :)

More
21 Feb 2019 13:43 #292837 by WadeMonnig
Stopped by Miniature Market retail on a whim after meeting with the in-laws. Took a TON of strength of resist the deal of the day Fury of Dracula (Latest version) for a mere $30.00. I just know that it would be a once a year game and, for that experience, I can borrow it. Picked up the Valhalla expansion for Champions of Midgard because that game really has legs with my group and I need some shiny and chrome jokes around the table. Also snagged a 6 card "expansion" for Firefly Fluxx. and the Anubis character pack for King of Tokyo/King of New York. The only full game I grabbed was Barenpark which is finally back in stock. Noticed the Mayfair logo is now gone and only Lookout games is listed on the front with Asmodee North America listed on the back.

More
21 Feb 2019 14:36 #292843 by jeb
@hotseatgames I was four or five pages deep in the rules before I gave up and looked up what the hell "tango" means. It means "bad guy." That's my biggest beef so far!

More
21 Feb 2019 15:41 - 21 Feb 2019 15:43 #292849 by hotseatgames
Ha! I thought everyone knew that term. Apparently you were not a huge Rainbow Six fan like I was. Before it was a dexterity game, I wanted to call the game "Tango Down", which is what they say in Rainbow all the time. They also say it on the splash screen of Door Kickers, which is a fantastic PC game.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2019 15:43 by hotseatgames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
21 Feb 2019 17:37 #292859 by lj1983
it comes from the NATO military phonetic alphabet. (T)arget ->T ->Tango
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
24 Feb 2019 11:35 #292965 by Vysetron
Sold a metric shitton of games at a local sale as part of The Great Cull. Came away with 3 new acquisitions from other sellers:

Mini FITS (which we played the same day and enjoyed), Andromeda (because cosmic ashtray), and a 3M edition of Acquire with bits in perfect shape. Super happy with all of these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, jeb, Sagrilarus, Frohike, Gregarius, Ah_Pook

More
24 Feb 2019 11:55 - 24 Feb 2019 12:22 #292966 by Ah_Pook
I bought a copy of Schummel Hummel which I'm eagerly anticipating getting here from Germany. It's a reimplementation of Cheating Moth, if anyone's familiar. Basically it's a card game wherein cheating is part of the rules. The actual game is basically over complicated Uno. You play cards to the middle, first person to get rid of all their cards wins, the cards do various things when played (everyone has to slap the card, or not slap the card, or you have to grab a card and throw it at another player and try to hit them, etc) The trick is can also get rid of cards any other way you can think of (throw them on the floor, play extra cards to the middle, stick them up your sleeves, whatever. You can only ditch one at a time though), and the games rules are convoluted enough that it enables you cheating while people are trying to figure out what's going on in the middle. One player is the watchman, who is not allowed to cheat. If they catch someone else cheating they force that player to draw cards and the caught player becomes the new watchman. The watchman is also the only player who is allowed to say anything about people cheating. No snitching! Also there's a grasshopper card in between each player, and if the player on your left or right ever steals your grasshopper without you noticing they force you to draw cards. It sounds silly as hell. Really looking forward to it.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2019 12:22 by Ah_Pook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mezike, Vysetron

More
06 Mar 2019 20:41 #293467 by Jackwraith
Picked up Villainous: Wicked to the Core from the local French establishment, Target. Apparently, it's exclusive there for a month or two and then will spread to other outlets. For those who are fans of the game, I'd almost call it a must have. It's not very expensive ($26) and you can play the whole game with it (full rules, tokens, etc.) But the three new villains are very cool. Each of them has a different way to approach the game. The Evil Queen has to defeat heroes, especially Snow White, but she doesn't have the Vanquish ability, so she has to brew poison to eliminate them (and, yes, all seven dwarfs are in her Fate deck.) Dr. Facilier has a separate discard pile that he's trying to keep small so that he can easily access key cards from it, including one he needs to win the game. His opponents, of course, are taking opportunities to dump cards into it. Hades has to do a lot of moving of Allies and balance his need to defeat heroes with his need to get Titans to Olympus, since Titans are both Allies and a game objective for him. I am so geeked to play this right now... and so discouraged that so few of my gaming friends seem to really like it. And I'm not even a Disney person!

My P500 for Time of Crisis came in, too. I didn't get this when it first came out (obvsly) so I've been waiting on a reprint for a while. Most of my GMT-type playing regulars aren't really available anymore, though, so I'll have to scout out some new ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Frohike, Colorcrayons, Virabhadra

More
07 Mar 2019 10:56 #293486 by the_jake_1973
That's the reason I like to play as Ursula in the base game. Having no Vanquish icons, not directly at least, gives me a little more to chew on.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds