October 09, 2023
2523 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2724 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
07 Jul 2016 15:03 #229819 by Frohike

What are these adapters you speak of?! The thingverese ones?

These: boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/saleitem/833794
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 07:07 - 08 Jul 2016 07:07 #229829 by JEM
I do quite like the DC ("Cerberus") games. I'd suggest not combining too much stuff in one game though as (for me at least) they wear thin after 45 minutes or so. I bought The Big Book of Madness on a mad whim, because it was a low price. I love the look of it, and it's another co-op I can play alone in my sweat pants.

Thanks to the kind offer from fellow FATtie, bendgar, Barne's copy of Greenland has made it's way back ITP to my mail box today and I'm looking forward to future epic Neanderthal/Greenland campaigns of bleak, frozen starvation. Many thanks and a beverage of your choice if you're ever down here!
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 07:07 by JEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Almalik, Cranberries

More
08 Jul 2016 11:13 #229842 by buzz71
I really hadn't bought anything new in a very long time, but I have went on a little bit of a binge lately. It started by picking up the new Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower. Next I purchased Dungeon Saga: Dwarf Kings Quest. Both are very good games, but I think Warhammer Quest is better.
After watching a video on Camp Grizzly, I had to have it. About this time is when the board game bug really hit me again.
I ordered Lost Patrol, Cosmic Encounter, and Formula D.
Due to some downtime on my job, I have been binge watching The Dice Tower's youtube videos and episodes of Tabletop.
This caused my most recent order, and I swear the last games I get until Christmas.
My last order consisted of The Resistance, Splendor, Codenames, and the new Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows Over Innistrad.
I honestly had completely gotten out of gaming for quite a while. Last January I was diagnosed with Lupus. To be honest, my life was turned completely upside down. I just had no desire to play a game. Earlier this year, a friend of mine, got me to start playing Magic again as a distraction. By starting back playing again, it helped with the depression, and it helped with my focus. The brain fogs weren't as bad.
Now I have a huge support group. They are the biggest gaming group I have ever had. By playing games again, it helps me in so many ways. Gaming truly has been therapy for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jarvis, Cranberries, Hex Sinister, Frohike, Egg Shen, cdennett, JEM, Varys

More
11 Jul 2016 09:38 #229948 by SuperflyPete
I bought a 5$ Mars Attacks expansion because I recently traded 6 games for a KS version.

More
11 Jul 2016 09:41 #229949 by Mr. White

SuperflyTNT wrote: I bought a 5$ Mars Attacks expansion because I recently traded 6 games for a KS version.

Is this the Mantic game? I believe they have stopped support in favor of The Walking Dead, but I hope I'm wrong. Mars Attacks is a much cooler setting.

Anyway, the models and terrain for this game look really sweet. I'd love to hear how it plays and your thoughts.

More
11 Jul 2016 09:46 #229951 by Cranberries
I was trying to find Gary Sax's BGG post on Here I Stand and came across a thread where he says he doesn't buy a game based on whether he'll have someone to play it with, and someone else here chimed in as well, so I ended up getting Pax Pamir, but now I have a player a short drive away as well thanks to this site. Yeah!

More
11 Jul 2016 09:57 #229953 by JEM
I saw Detroit Cleveland Grand Prix on Amazon for $12 so I bought that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
11 Jul 2016 09:59 #229954 by Mr. White

JEM wrote: I saw Detroit Cleveland Grand Prix on Amazon for $12 so I bought that.

Fantastic game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

More
11 Jul 2016 15:12 #229969 by JEM
I saw CSI had some Battlecon stuff for serious cheap, and one thing led to another (which is the point of these sales, I know) and I bought a bunch of cheap tat, some more Brimstone monsters and Falling Sky. I think Bioshock Siege of Columbia should be worth the $10 for a few plays, and I got some game full of cubes and meeples for $1.49 just for the parts.

More
12 Jul 2016 01:33 #230009 by SuperflyPete

Mr. White wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: I bought a 5$ Mars Attacks expansion because I recently traded 6 games for a KS version.

Is this the Mantic game? I believe they have stopped support in favor of The Walking Dead, but I hope I'm wrong. Mars Attacks is a much cooler setting.

Anyway, the models and terrain for this game look really sweet. I'd love to hear how it plays and your thoughts.

That's the one.

The terrain is kind of weenie in a lot of ways. I ended up getting a huge lot of the stuff and there's not a chance I'm painting it. It clips together way easier than terra-clips to assemble and tear down.

It's kind of like Heroscape in its simplicity but with more options and UGOIGO activation of one unit at a time. Or at least that's my understanding. I'm in it for campaign play. Chances are I'll break out the Mighty Empires tiles again and use them to track Martian domination.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester, hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds