October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2718 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
06 Sep 2016 08:35 #233387 by JEM
I went to Challenges Games and Comics on Friday to see what they might have in terms of Armada stuff. It turns out they only do X-Wing, of which they have plenty. They had the FFG play mats, but I couldn't justify paying $80+tax for 6' of linoleum. I have a $20 Ikea rug in the TV room that's big enough. I did, however, find a copy of Captain Sonar which I bought, along with one of the many copies of the new White Dwarf they had- just in case I ever get one of those games, and also for nostalgia. I also bought some Reaper P3 primer, which the sales guy helpfully explained was crappy. I have spare Brimstone tentacles I can try it on first, so we'll see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2016 16:58 - 09 Sep 2016 17:00 #233825 by Gary Sax
The scare about FFG-GW partnership meaning OOP made me go online and order something I've been wanting to buy for 3 years that actually MAY go out of print for the next 20 years randomly---MMP's Great Campaigns of the American Civil War Bull Run reprint. I adore the series but it's just one of those things that never seemed urgen to order. Once MMP shit goes out randomly, it really goes out---I kept waiting for it to be on their Black Friday sale and it never was. Knowing my luck, it will be this year.

I also preordered the game of the year edition of Robinson Crusoe, my copy is battered from all the shuffling, etc and I can't resist a new edition of one of my favorite games with a revised rulebook and components.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2016 17:00 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
09 Sep 2016 18:35 #233838 by Frohike
My Heroscape bucks for the month got converted to Fury of Dracula & the Relic expansions. I've got Bram Stoker's book on the brain now and I'm increasingly looking forward to playing the game when it arrives.

More
09 Sep 2016 18:41 #233840 by Michael Barnes
Ha ha, Jem, you went to Challenges...I go in there occasionally to pick up paints. I can barely stand to go near that accursed mall (I used to live on Willivee right beside it), but the shop is OK. I told him to carry Captain Sonar. I also emailed him to get me a White Dwarf but he never responded so I went elsewhere for it. I talk shop with that dude when I go in, he's got a decent business going but I don't know what's going to happen when they demo that mall.

P3 primer is really good, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

More
09 Sep 2016 20:06 #233846 by jay718
• Black Crusade
• Blood Bowl: Team Manager
• Chaos in the Old World
• Chaos Marauders
• Dark Heresy
• Dark Heresy Second Edition
• Deathwatch
• Forbidden Stars
• Fury of Dracula
• Only War
• Relic
• Rogue Trader
• Space Hulk: Death Angel
• Talisman
• Warhammer: Diskwars
• Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
• Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game
• Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
• Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse

More
09 Sep 2016 20:17 #233847 by Michael Barnes
MM has WHQACG and the PODs in stock...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
10 Sep 2016 08:55 #233863 by Legomancer
The FFG/GW thing got me to pull the trigger on BBTM. I like it but never saw a need to own it. Now I can assume the opposite: I can always get rid of it later if I want to.

And grabbed Tiny Epic Galaxies to make the free shipping from Amazon.

More
10 Sep 2016 09:50 - 10 Sep 2016 09:52 #233866 by Mr. White
I like it too, but just gave one away here a few weeks ago. I'm trying to be reasonable but the panicking and such makes me wonder if I should put one back on my shelf.

Probably not. There was a reason I passed it on. Still....
Last edit: 10 Sep 2016 09:52 by Mr. White.

More
10 Sep 2016 10:01 - 10 Sep 2016 10:01 #233867 by Columbob

Mr. White wrote: I like it too, but just gave one away here a few weeks ago. I'm trying to be reasonable but the panicking and such makes me wonder if I should put one back on my shelf.

Probably not. There was a reason I passed it on. Still....

You just answered your own question. If you didn't feel the need to keep it before...

Our BB:TM season just started, with back to back plays two weeks in a row (5 players), first times with 5 - it's not really much longer than with 4, about 3.5 hours in our group (a bit faster the second time around, despite a newbie). Same guy won both weeks, with DE, then WE. This week had many whistles blown, a few penalties, and 3 double X tackles (none of those the previous week). Last week, the Dwarf Death Roller was pretty much a wet kleenex, but this week, playing with the Reikland Reavers, it reaped a fearsome tally during the Blood Bowl, before being shoved on its side by a Dauntless Slayer. Its first three cheating tokens added to its (albeit greatly diminished) star power, before the fourth one whistled him off the pitch!

Even with both expansions, it still fits in the original small box (as with Death Angel and all 4 PODs). Compact fun, I'm probably never getting rid of either.
Last edit: 10 Sep 2016 10:01 by Columbob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

More
10 Sep 2016 10:07 #233868 by ChristopherMD
I ended up getting Death Angel and two of its expansions. Didn't like it the one time I played multiplayer, but that was related to its cooperative play. Will try it out solo to see if I like it any better. I figure I'll leave the expansions sealed in case I decide not to keep it. I don't care if I make a profit just don't want to lose my money trying it out.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds