October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
11 Jan 2017 00:47 #242208 by Disgustipater
Burnout Paradise is great, and I don't care about car games at all. I probably still have an Origin code for it if anyone wants a copy.

jeb wrote: I've been playing KEEP TALKING AND NOBODY EXPLODES. Anyone else got this?

I do, it's a lot of fun. Haven't gotten to play it much lately though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 07:34 #242212 by JEM
Spintires has been punishing my hubris. Something like five times now I've tipped over the truck and lost all the logs, three times within actual sight of the lumber yard objective. It's the world's slowest crash with no backing out when it reaches a certain point . Of course I could stop, and bring out the Kirovets tractor to winch it back, but this game keeps telling me I can make this happen if I just push a little more, and then laughing at me as I fail. I've hit the menu option to recover the truck (teleport it) back to a garage like some worthless game-playing scum, twice now. The only time that's truly necessary that I've found is when you've completely drowned a truck in deep water, and other time you can usually bring another truck to tow or drive back after recovery.

On the subject of racing games, Forza 4 on the XBox 360 was probably my overall favourite, for the sheer amount of nerdery available, and a really nice decal/painting aspect. I just installed DIRT Rally last night, and did a couple of rallies. It may show some weakness later but right now I'm really impressed with it. My favourite rally game of all time was Richard Burns Rally- Colin McRea Rally (DIRT Rally's great grandpa) had stages that looked like four lane highways and it left me feeling kind of sad when I played it, because these were not the country lane rallies I grew up watching. DIRT Rally stages look tight, and it's tougher than I expected, which is great. I miss the simulation/realism of games like iRacing since I tore my racing sim rig down, but for a joypad game this feels pretty great to play.

More
11 Jan 2017 08:21 #242214 by Black Barney
Burnout Revenge was incredible. I downloaded Paradise but haven't played it.
I hear that Forza Horizon 3 us supposed to be amazing

More
11 Jan 2017 08:50 #242215 by Michael Barnes
I actually like Burnout Revenge better than Paradise...the open world thing, eh. It's still really good because those guys did probably the best racing games ever.

Nier Automata demo is NUTS. It's SUPER DUPER. It is 100% Platinum Games, so fans of Bayonetta, MGS Revengence, Vanquish, etc. will feel right at home. I really liked the first Nier and think it is hugely underrated, but this is definitely going to be a superior design. It has some elements of it, the weird shooting/danmaku stuff in particular and odd mechanical designs, but it's also not as balls out crazy or bleak. So far. Anyway, I'm going to buy it day 1

Really in the mood for a fighting game...and in particular a Guilty Gear fighting game. Amazon has Revelator for $20, couldn't pass it up.

Kids are obsessed with Overcooked.

More
12 Jan 2017 00:23 #242270 by SebastianBludd
The little differences in X-Com are beginning to mess with me. I guess satellite coverage reduces panic in countries but, having never had to manage satellite coverage in the first one, it's not intuitive that I have to build Satellite Uplinks in my base to support satellites, and then you have to build the damn things and they take days whereas armor/weapon orders are instantaneous. At least I was able to get my shit together enough to build and equip laser cannons on my Interceptors.

My next unpleasant discovery was that I need certain kinds of alien corpses for manufacture/research only after I'd been selling them like crazy. So now I can't make Chitin Armor (from Chrysallid corpses) nor can I research better Medikits (Thin Man corpses required).

But all that stuff's part of the learning curve and I'm muddling my way through okay for a first attempt, but the damn game up and crashed while I was partway through the first Alien Base Assault. I'd taken out three Floaters with no casualties and had just encountered three Chrysallids by a doorway. I knew how fast those things can move so I had everyone hunker down in Overwatch behind cover and that was enough to take out one of them, and regular activations killed the second. The third retreated but it screwed up and was still in almost perfect line of sight so my guys were taking turns shooting at it when the game crashed.

Since I'm pseudo-Iron Manning the game my last save was back in the base so instead of starting the Alien Base Assault again I just goofed around for a bit and did some research and a few missions without saving.

More
12 Jan 2017 07:52 #242277 by hotseatgames
Been getting back into The Witness. Definitely one of the best, if not THE best puzzle game I've ever played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
12 Jan 2017 12:03 #242305 by jeb

hotseatgames wrote: Been getting back into The Witness. Definitely one of the best, if not THE best puzzle game I've ever played.

I'l rez the thread. I still have some stuff going on there...
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
13 Jan 2017 20:55 #242401 by hotseatgames
I just beat the Darkening of Tristram event in Diablo 3. That was pretty cool. You do a 16 level dungeon that is basically Diablo 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
13 Jan 2017 21:26 #242403 by ChristopherMD
Darkening of Tristram was pretty fun. Looking forward to the new Necromancer class too.

More
16 Jan 2017 01:19 - 16 Jan 2017 10:43 #242468 by Disgustipater
I'm about 25 hours into Dark Souls 2. I'm enjoying it, as it is a Souls game, but I definitely feel that it is the lesser game compared to the first one. The world feels disjointed, so I'm constantly forgetting where things are. And I'm not a fan of all the mini-bosses, which seem pretty easy. I usually get them on my first attempt. Even the larger bosses only take me one or two attempts.

Like I said, I'm enjoying it, but I don't think I'll spend any more time with it after I beat it.

Edit - It would have been nice to know a bit earlier on that they changed how illusionary walls worked...
Last edit: 16 Jan 2017 10:43 by Disgustipater.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds