October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2718 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
30 Jan 2017 14:56 #243267 by hotseatgames
For the next day on humble store, snag the original X-COM for free. www.humblebundle.com/store
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2017 15:50 #243270 by Black Barney
I introduced Emily to Super Mario for the first time. On a drive to Ottawa, she was playing Mario Kart VII on her 3DS. In Ottawa, her cousins introduced her to Super Mario World on Wii U. On the drive back she played 2.5 straight hours of Super Mario World 3D on the 3DS. She totally loves it.

I still remember the first time i played Super Mario Bros on NES. I was transfixed. I was playing on my Xbox One last night and the experience of playing a video game console in 30 years hasn't really changed that much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Frohike

More
31 Jan 2017 10:57 #243291 by jeb

Black Barney wrote: I introduced Emily to Super Mario for the first time. On a drive to Ottawa, she was playing Mario Kart VII on her 3DS. In Ottawa, her cousins introduced her to Super Mario World on Wii U. On the drive back she played 2.5 straight hours of Super Mario World 3D on the 3DS. She totally loves it.

I still remember the first time i played Super Mario Bros on NES. I was transfixed. I was playing on my Xbox One last night and the experience of playing a video game console in 30 years hasn't really changed that much.

We've been doing four player SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD FOR WII U AND NINTENDO REALLY OUGHT TO LOOK INTO BETTER NAMING CONVENTIONS and it's been so great I want to cry. Mind you, my kids are terrible and I totally earn the crown every time, but I have like a 35 year head start so they are forgiven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
31 Jan 2017 11:34 #243298 by SuperflyPete
I'm still completely fucked off that consoles have gone even further away from local co-op, top down Diablo-likes.

I don't play much else and my wife can't play FPSs, so I'm fucked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
31 Jan 2017 13:27 #243308 by Black Barney
Every time we finished a level in Super Mario World on Wii U, i would naturally get the highest score and Emily would start crying cuz she thought she lost. I think she's going to have the same problem playing coops that I do. I couldn't figure out how to fix this so I stopped playing with her :(

More
31 Jan 2017 14:37 #243314 by Hex Sinister

SuperflyTNT wrote: I'm still completely fucked off that consoles have gone even further away from local co-op, top down Diablo-likes.

I was dreaming all the single player/online-play only shit was just a phase and that couch co-op would make a comeback after that new internet thing had a chance to settle in but I think we're just completely fucked. Not all of us want to be forced to play with punk kids on the internet. I have real life friends and *gasp* we actually visit each other in PERSON sometimes. Can you believe that? I know, old fashioned.

More
31 Jan 2017 14:49 #243317 by Black Barney
You mail hand written letters too?

More
31 Jan 2017 15:11 #243320 by boothwah

Hex Sinister wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: I'm still completely fucked off that consoles have gone even further away from local co-op, top down Diablo-likes.

I was dreaming all the single player/online-play only shit was just a phase and that couch co-op would make a comeback after that new internet thing had a chance to settle in but I think we're just completely fucked. Not all of us want to be forced to play with punk kids on the internet. I have real life friends and *gasp* we actually visit each other in PERSON sometimes. Can you believe that? I know, old fashioned.

Been playing Destiny with my 16 year old. She's in her room on her Xbone and I'm playing mine in the living room. Talking over headsets. The other night I was like, Grab your monitor and get out here and sit on the couch with me. It was nice because there was some high fiving, but other than that I think we actually talked less being in the same room. But it did feel more "connected." I think we're going to do some Borderlands split screen soon, and I just installed Diablo III Ros (so excited to try out the new stuff...360 version didn't get updates.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
31 Jan 2017 15:23 #243322 by Hex Sinister
I'm not a headset kind of guy.

Black Barney wrote: You mail hand written letters too?

If you ever receive one from me wear a hazmat suit =P
Time to ride to town to get therapeutic papers and laudanum for the missus...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
31 Jan 2017 20:09 #243333 by Vlad

Hex Sinister wrote:

Do you think maybe Switch will bring back local co-op? I miss the split-screen days, but I acknowledge I don't like sharing the screen, either. And I when the kid and I played Infinity, he ended up removing my dude from the portal when I was not looking.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds