October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
16 Mar 2016 05:26 #224428 by Wetworks
I was pretty underwhelmed during the beta of The Division and was really close to cancelling my pre-order. However, my friend was really excited to play together so I kept it.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how much I'm enjoying the game, it's a pretty fun cover shooter rpg that turns into a diablo grind for epic loot at the end game.

If you have a friend to play with and enjoy loot hunting this is a really good game. Can't really say much about the solo experience except that the game is solo friendly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2016 10:40 #224440 by Black Barney
that's really good to hear because the Beta didn't impress me at all and I dropped all plans of acquiring the game. Besides Dark Souls III is out soon and I'm being pressured to get it.

Playing Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes now. It's pretty fun. I find I panic a lot in the game.

More
16 Mar 2016 11:04 #224445 by hotseatgames
I picked up Stardew Valley. You can easily lose hours in this game. You build up your farm, gather resources, craft those resources into other stuff, sell stuff, level up, kill monsters, chat up the ladies (or dudes), fish, and there are probably other things I'm missing.

Normally I'd give this type of game a big pass, but this one has a heavy dose of Animal Crossing in it. It also doesn't just throw you in the deep end; it clearly shows you how to make this or that, and gradually introduces concepts over time.

The fact that it was made by one person is amazing. I hope he enjoys the sea of money in which he's swimming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
16 Mar 2016 11:08 #224447 by jeb

hotseatgames wrote: I picked up Stardew Valley. You can easily lose hours in this game. You build up your farm, gather resources, craft those resources into other stuff, sell stuff, level up, kill monsters, chat up the ladies (or dudes), fish, and there are probably other things I'm missing.

Wait, you can't chat up a fish? What's an icthyophile like me supposed to do? Fucking oppressed over here.

More
16 Mar 2016 14:39 #224464 by the_jake_1973
But are you fish-kin? They are the truly oppressed. Check your air breathing privilege.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, wadenels

More
16 Mar 2016 15:02 #224467 by jeb
Go spend 99 one-hundreths of a dollar on YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT. It's basically 10000000 redone and it's great. Match-3, RPG, awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iguanaDitty, JEM

More
16 Mar 2016 15:45 #224474 by Erik Twice
Ok, it's official, I love Nobunaga's Ambition. I've been playing it for the whole evening and I'm amazed at how it evolves and keeps itself interesting. I have 2-3 times more cities than I did before, ten times more troops and yet I'm still as short of resources as I ever was. In fact, I feel like my poor development in the past has seriously constrained my present. That's a great thing in a game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
16 Mar 2016 20:08 #224501 by Sevej

hotseatgames wrote: I picked up Stardew Valley. You can easily lose hours in this game. You build up your farm, gather resources, craft those resources into other stuff, sell stuff, level up, kill monsters, chat up the ladies (or dudes), fish, and there are probably other things I'm missing.

Normally I'd give this type of game a big pass, but this one has a heavy dose of Animal Crossing in it. It also doesn't just throw you in the deep end; it clearly shows you how to make this or that, and gradually introduces concepts over time.

The fact that it was made by one person is amazing. I hope he enjoys the sea of money in which he's swimming.

Does it have Harvest Moon precise timing bullshit? In HM you have to visit a certain place at a certain specific time or miss important stuff. Since the game only last 2 years or so, that becomes vital (and that's how the dev creates "replay value"). Related, is the game play limited or can you play forever?

More
16 Mar 2016 20:13 #224502 by Gary Sax
Been meaning to try Stardew Valley, thanks for the info.

More
16 Mar 2016 20:26 #224504 by iguanaDitty

jeb wrote: Go spend 99 one-hundreths of a dollar on YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT. It's basically 10000000 redone and it's great. Match-3, RPG, awesome.

I played this a lot. It is super fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds