October 09, 2023
2583 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2780 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Prometheus trailer

More
15 May 2012 07:10 #125628 by scissors
Replied by scissors on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
I think I was critical of R. Scott way back in this thread but Prometheus looks really well done - no, it looks amazing, although it does seem to be Alien(s) all over again with some protoalien or something else taking the 'alien' role (Everybody get out now while you can.... eeeeahhhhh!!!!) I haven't read more because I don't want to completely kill the surprise. While excellent, the 2nd trailer already reveals too much for me.

I guess what will be most interesting (or also a potential let-down) will be the backstory and overarching theme (I hope) dealing with 'life' in the universe, past civs, and possible meaning - I hope that this is really well thought out so it doesn't result in some hokey Avatar or Matrix III-like explanations/solutions.

It does seem, from the trailer, that the universe within the film is a far more dangerous and dark place where people have been lucky to survive as long as they have. Genre-wise that's much more interesting for me as a viewer than the Disneyland that Cameron's Avatar was.

Looks good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2012 12:54 #125635 by QPCloudy
Replied by QPCloudy on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
I hope it's like, 4 hours long, lol. Gosh, we really need an epic like that. What happened to the Braveheart days?

More
15 May 2012 16:00 #125669 by Disgustipater

QPCloudy wrote: I hope it's like, 4 hours long, lol. Gosh, we really need an epic like that. What happened to the Braveheart days?

Avatar is the answer, of course. At least we can rest easy knowing Cameron is going to eschew all other projects so he can focus on making the next two or three Avatar movies.

More
15 May 2012 16:29 #125683 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re: Prometheus trailer

Black Barney wrote: I would love to see a limited edition collection of the Alien movies that only includes the first two, lol.

I've now seen a couple of different trailer cuts and have precisely no idea what this movie is supposed to be about other than Pretty People in Space getting blow'd up now and again. It surely looks fabulous, and would probably be worth a trip to the theater if ever the wife and I actually ever went to the movies . I suspect I'll spend the $6 when it hits DTV's pay-per-view...

In retrospect, I guess I'm grateful that the trailer isn't quite as bad as Cloverfield, where I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a horror movie, big monster flick [my wife: uh is that giant shadow supposed to be a turtle?], apocalyptic gore-fest, or some sort of weird political thing. As much as I hate trailers that basically collect all the best parts of the movie [way too common, IMO], "mystery trailers" can be a bit tooooo mysterious at times. But, hey, it made buckets of money, so lots of folks seemed to be sucked in by the approach.

More
15 May 2012 16:36 #125687 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: Prometheus trailer

Dogmatix wrote:

Black Barney wrote: I would love to see a limited edition collection of the Alien movies that only includes the first two, lol.

. .

Meet another one....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogmatix

More
04 Jun 2012 18:25 #127371 by ioticus
Replied by ioticus on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
Sweet! This is 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. Looks like it could be good!

More
04 Jun 2012 18:27 #127372 by QPCloudy
Replied by QPCloudy on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
4 more days!!!!! Can't wait!!

More
04 Jun 2012 18:32 #127374 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
still the movie I'm most looking forward to. But now I'm distracted by stuff like Moonrise Kingdom, Indie Game: The Movie and The Island President. I want to see all of those bad too.

But yeah Prometheous remains my most anticipated movie of the year. After this, there is Dark Knight Rises and then that's it I think.

More
04 Jun 2012 18:55 #127381 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
I envy Black Barney....After Prometheus and Dark Knight Rises, he still gets to watch John Carter for the first time. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
04 Jun 2012 19:11 #127386 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: Prometheus trailer
I hope that when I get around to watching John Carter that it's on a 5-inch screen on the back of the airplane seat in front of me

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds