October 09, 2023
2584 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2781 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Walking Dead TV talk (w/ spoilers)

More
16 Feb 2012 23:01 #116749 by Black Barney
I want to see Sophie's mom in an interview, if she's actually a lively person in real life, then I'll go ahead and say, that's a decent actress. I think Angela tends to overact sometimes and Lori is horrible at everything. I like Maggie but that's an easy role (easy to look at toO!)

Lori should have been acted by the other girl from prison break (the brunette) i like that actress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2012 15:15 #117102 by Ska_baron
So how long does it take for AMC to put up a new episode online? Every time I've watched on online, it's been a while after it first aired, but now it's back in the front of my mind and I want to limit my disappointment as I continually check back.

More
21 Feb 2012 20:58 #117226 by Black Barney
this guy I know thinks that Sunday night's episode was the best of season two. I think he is WAY OFF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
21 Feb 2012 21:15 #117233 by Ska_baron
Thanks for NOTHING Barney.

More
21 Feb 2012 21:53 #117245 by Black Barney
lol, I don't know the answer to your question, dummy!

It goes up the day after I think. I really want to talk about Sunday's episode too so since we're allowed spoilers here goes...

I mean Lori became WAY more obnoxious with this obvious civil-war manipulation of Rick trying to "deal" with Shane. I'm starting to really hate all the negativity towards Shane. Shane's lie to Lori was OBVIOUSLY necessary, why didn't Rick say something supporting Shane there? I really liked Herschel telling off Shane though, that's one of the strongest scenes this season.

I think a MISSED opportunity was when Shane came back with Lori and she blew up at Shane realizing Rick wasn't there, I think DALE should have said something supporting Shane. That would have been in line with his character.

I'm pissed off at Glenn at how he's dealt with what happened (re: maggie) but I can understand where he's coming from. He is TOTALLY the dork from Saving Private Ryan, have you noticed?

I liked how the guy who got shot got totally pwned by the walkers. Why do they always eat the face?! It's accessible? At least that explains why we ALWAYS see zombies missing half their face

More
21 Feb 2012 22:13 #117249 by aerodynamics

Black Barney wrote: I liked how the guy who got shot got totally pwned by the walkers. Why do they always eat the face?! It's accessible? At least that explains why we ALWAYS see zombies missing half their face

It seems like the zombies bite the face to 'disable' the victim, and then go for the 'meat', but maybe that's just my imagination.

I noticed that we didn't really get an explanation as to why Lori went looking for Rick on her own, so I'll just have to assume she was acting impulsively/irrationally. The shootout at the bar provided some excitement, and there was some good zombie action in last night's episode. Glenn does seem to be acting like a big pussy, but then I can only imagine what being shot at must feel like -- I'd probably turn into a pile of jello in that situation myself. And yes, it does appear that Lori is becoming much more manipulative with Rick regarding Shane. I assume this is all leading up to some big fireworks for the season ending finale. Something needs to happen to bust up the whole living in relative safety at the farm situation.

More
21 Feb 2012 23:02 #117266 by Grudunza
I didn't get the whole thing about saving the kid who had punctured his leg. 30 seconds earlier, they'd just as soon have shot him so they could escape. But that being done, they also never mentioned the best reason to do that; to use him as a hostage in case the others come after them or come to the farm, and for more information about the other people (how many they are, where they are, etc.). Anyway, presumably that will be addressed, but it made this episode seem a bit off-kilter to me.

More
21 Feb 2012 23:47 #117272 by Black Barney
Rick's good guy instinct kicked in the second the kid was no longer a threat and he decided to save him. I think that's all that was. Attempting the amputation was ridiculous though.

I agree that Glenn turning to jello was very human and realisitic. But the way he dealt with Maggie afterwards... unrealistic I think. I assume things will be back to normal the next morning when he wakes up horny or whatever.

I hate this civil war build up tho. Rick and Shane are strong together. Lori is weak as hell and her instincts are all off. Angela is strong but is trying to pit Shane against people just like Lori is doing with Rick. I hate that. I think the Dale and Shane feuding was enough, now it'll surely blow up into something big. I hope crossbow guy doesn't get involved cuz he's obviously a loner and such.

anyway, we'll see what happens. The other camp getting involved should bring everyone closer together but we'll see. The second-guessing everything everyone is doing is going to make things worse in the meantime

More
28 Feb 2012 20:41 #117946 by Gary Sax
Two average episodes, I think. The inexplicable behavior keeps happening, which is disappointing to me. I thought it might be going somewhere after some of the early 2nd season episodes, but not really.

More
28 Feb 2012 21:38 #117950 by Octavian
The behavior is plenty explicable. It's not always rational. I wouldn't expect it to be. They're all essentially going through PTSD.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds