October 09, 2023
2585 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2782 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Walking Dead TV talk (w/ spoilers)

More
03 Mar 2012 01:09 #118266 by QPCloudy
Please don't mention if you know or not, but I'm really hoping they leave the farm soon. I think it's time for a change of scenery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2012 01:14 #118267 by Black Barney
yeah, I don't know if they leave but it seems like this other camp is a perfect opportunity to get up and go once or if they attack. There is not much motivation for the group to move off the farm tho. They got it good right now and things are stable. So something will have to happen?

but yeah, it's getting so old. Trips into town, etc. yawners

then again all the best episodes this season have happened on the farm

More
03 Mar 2012 16:58 #118282 by Octavian

Black Barney wrote:
prediction by Black barney: They somehow learn that you can get the virus by being exposed to blood after the survivor turns and thus giving them a REAL easy solution to that problem. This of course makes them worry that Shane might be infected and this sets off some sort of momentum to find a way to see if Shane is infected?

In season one Rick and Glenn were covered in walker gore to disguise themselves. No ill effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
04 Mar 2012 00:21 #118318 by Black Barney
you're right, Matthew. Good point! So why are they so worried about getting scratched by a walker? Why is that dangerous?

More
05 Mar 2012 13:31 #118382 by Dair
Sorry to hear about the spoiler Barney, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I have been reading the comic for years and they have already gone off in many different directions in a few major ways. I would not be surprised to see things go very differently than what you heard in other threads.

As for the latest episode, I thought it interesting. I am surprised that Dale was the only hold out to not execute the guy and was really sad to see him get it at the end of the episode. I thought it was slightly implausible that he would out roaming in the dark by himself and put himself at risk. I know he was probably supposed to be upset about the execution, but Dale is still relatively intelligent and pragmatic. I don't believe he would put himself in danger needlessly.

I also thought the pretext for getting Glenn and Hershel together for the watch conversation was terribly ham-fisted. They need to write something more reasonable than Glenn checking in at just the time Hershel was ready to have that conversation. It just felt very untrue to life.

More
05 Mar 2012 16:55 #118401 by Green Lantern

Black Barney wrote: you're right, Matthew. Good point! So why are they so worried about getting scratched by a walker? Why is that dangerous?

I would guess touching a walker is not a problem, but if bitten or scratched you run the risk of the virus getting in the blood stream. Same applies for wiping walker gore all over you for camouflage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QPCloudy

More
06 Mar 2012 04:07 #118429 by ZMan
I'm kinda tired of this walking-off-alone-so-far-from-safety-thing.

I can't imagine, knowing what the world is like, knowing that danger is literally around a corner, one would risk going so far out alone. In the dark no less.

And also, there is no way that zombie could have appeared behind Dale in the open field without him seeing it upon approaching that area. But still, Dale should have known better: I figured he was going to go into his RV for seclusion, not who the hell knows where he was going. It seemed like he would have gone into the woods. Sheesh!

For Carl, I understand, messed up kid, but still he was just plain stupid to do what he did. I wish he did get bit: that'd learn him :)

More
06 Mar 2012 11:26 #118437 by mads b.
I'm guessing that Dale lost his focus upon seeing the dead cow. Still, having the walker attack him in an open field seems kinda stupid. But then again; we all know that zombies are always - always - where you least expect them to be.

But I'm surprised that Dale's gone. I think he was an interesting character.

Comic book spoiler:

Warning: Spoiler!

More
06 Mar 2012 16:18 #118462 by mikecl

Black Barney wrote: Mike, how can you think Shane is insane? He seems to have his shit together, no? He's making the right choices and is doing what he thinks is the best for the group. I think Lori seems the most nuts at this point and Angela has devolved into some sort of Post-Traumatic Syndrome shell of a person.

I get he's a survivalist but when he takes it to the extreme that Rick is "no longer able to protect Lori" it moves him from able hero to lunatic. Rick is the leader of the group for a reason. He's making intelligent decisions. Shane is a loose cannon and as Dale once said, I've seen his type before. It's only a matter of time before he kills again.

Too bad about Dale. And how ironic that he is killed by the same walker the boy set loose when he was experimenting with killing a la Shane.

More
06 Mar 2012 17:16 #118482 by Black Barney
OH NO! What a shocker! Holy crap were my wife and I sad and depressed at the end.

fock man, that was my favourite character! They shouldn't have made the "plan" to kill the prisoner as drawn out as possible. You either do it right away or you don't do it at all. Why didn't Dale come up with a plan or alternative? Obviously you can't let him go.

Worst part of the episode: "Any final words?"

WHY WOULD RICK SAY THAT? He's a cop for crying out loud. It made no sense.

I hope Carl being a total idiot totally wrecks him. I wonder how messed up he'll be feeling responsible for what happened.

It's going to come out sooner or later because Daryl's gun is missing.

man, so brutal. Poor Dale. They should have tried to tell him that they didn't kill the prisoner as sort of a nice last moment.

Hey so they really can't kill the guy now because they'll feel guilty about Dale, no?

And since when do walkers gain the Stealth/Sneak skill of my character from Skyrim? ESPECIALLY when they are near live flesh?! Walkers typically moan and make noise on a bad day but put them near a sweaty old man and that walker is gonna be MAKIN' DA NOISE. I suppose it's because the cow/steer was making so much noise that Dale couldn't hear it but the thing totally swept around Dale and got behind him somehow. Was it lying in the grass all full and not feeling well cuz of salmonella poisoning or what? ugh

i'm so pissed my favourite character bit it. My wife and I got into a big argument if Glenn would have been Herchel's first choice for Maggie. Glenn can probably make her happiest but wouldn't he want someone like Shane or Rick that would obviously keep her alive? no big deal, poor Dale :(

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds