October 09, 2023
2585 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2783 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Walking Dead TV talk (w/ spoilers)

More
06 Mar 2012 17:44 #118491 by QPCloudy
I'm sorry, but I thought Dale has been really annoying this season. It was quite a shocker when he was killed, but I was more or less thankful. I can't wait to see how Carl's story unfolds, considering the walker followed him back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2012 20:13 #119012 by QPCloudy
Hells yeah, Shane is finally dead, then undead, then dead again!

So, the "walker virus" must be airborne. Everyone has it now. It needs a recently deceased host body to "awaken". How else do you explain the kid Shane killed, then Shane at the end of the episode?

More
12 Mar 2012 20:34 - 12 Mar 2012 22:59 #119016 by mikecl

QPCloudy wrote: Hells yeah, Shane is finally dead, then undead, then dead again!

So, the "walker virus" must be airborne. Everyone has it now. It needs a recently deceased host body to "awaken". How else do you explain the kid Shane killed, then Shane at the end of the episode?

In a zombie apocalypse a global virus affects every living human which turns them into zombies when they die. This is why humans are overrun so quickly because eventually the living dead begin to outnumber the living.

It's not passed on by a zombie bite. However, a zombie bite will give its victim an incurable disease characterized by a raging fever resulting in death creating yet more ZOMBIES! tm :-)

And far be it from me to say I told you so....but I TOLD YOU SHANE WAS DANGEROUS!!!!!! I liked the way Rick knows he's done while his back is turned no less but holsters his gun and manages to talk himself close enough to Shane to stab and kill him.

He's the perfect zombie game/film/novel sheriff. Also, the dialog and acting in that scene was great.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2012 22:59 by mikecl. Reason: anal about grammar

More
12 Mar 2012 20:39 #119020 by Dair
Yeah, it definitely affects anyone who was killed, not just those scratched or bitten. I think that was the point of Shane and Rick commenting on it earlier when they found the zombie cops.

Warning, rant and spoiler about the comic book. Don't read if you don't want to know about the comic storyline. Feel free to PM me if you want to comment on my rant without ruining it for anyone.

Warning: Spoiler!

More
14 Mar 2012 17:57 #119283 by Ska_baron
Wow, just caught this one.

Great scenes and for a *second* I thought maybe Shane was going to trick Randell into showing him the enemy camp for recon purposes.

Nope. Crazy man. And Daryl totally was on to him too.

Preview for next week's finale will be epic I'm guessing with a big body count (2-4). Guessing they'll have to torch the house or something and move along to give us somewhere new to begin next season.

Liked a lot of folks a lot more after this episode, especially that wife of Rick's... Too bad she accidentally turned up the CRAZY in Shane. All aboard the Crazy Shane!

More
14 Mar 2012 19:20 #119291 by QPCloudy
I just love how they conveniently FINALLY decide to board up the house and position the vehicles strategically in this episode. JUST AS AN ARMY OF WALKER IS APPROACHING THROUGH THE WOODS!!! Trying to wrap up the season quick I see, lol.

More
14 Mar 2012 19:26 - 14 Mar 2012 19:45 #119293 by mikecl

QPCloudy wrote: I just love how they conveniently FINALLY decide to board up the house and position the vehicles strategically in this episode. JUST AS AN ARMY OF WALKER IS APPROACHING THROUGH THE WOODS!!! Trying to wrap up the season quick I see, lol.

LOL...I'm guessing that little farm is about to be overrun and Season 3 will start with all the new guys...ON THE ROAD AGAIN.

Where to now?
Last edit: 14 Mar 2012 19:45 by mikecl.

More
14 Mar 2012 19:36 #119298 by Gary Sax
I thought this one was a pretty good episode. I still feel like they were of two minds with Shane---was he a crazy person or was he just more like one of the other survivors (say the group they crossed paths with) than this particular camp? They played it that Shane was relatively sane most of the season then episodes like this make it clear he was, in fact, a homicidal maniac and not just an uber realist.

More
14 Mar 2012 19:42 #119301 by Ska_baron
I felt like he was portrayed as an uber realist with everything NOT direcly involving Lori. Girl made him crazy!

Also, in sort of addressing your beef Dair (without tipping the book spoiler - I like how Rick finally offs Shane. Part of me STILL wishes he hadnt, but at the end of the day, Rick must've felt like it was truly "him or me." Rick having been able to leave Shane in the bus makes it seem like he's not stooping to Shane's mentality here, but it's tough.

More
14 Mar 2012 23:53 - 14 Mar 2012 23:54 #119325 by Black Barney
Lori probably provided him the only joy he's had in years and her sort of hinting at that again drove him over the edge. He was becoming more like old-Daryl and trying to stay away from the group and stuff cuz he couldn't deal. Lori wrecked it.

Yeah good episode. Total shocker for us. It's funny how when Dale died, my wife and I were sad but when Shane went, meh.

So do you think the scientist guy from 1st season finale whispered to Rick, "we're all already infected" or something? Cuz now it seems clear that when you die, you turn, regardless of injury.

looking forward to season finale. Who dies? Herschel's boring daughter Beth and her boyfriend (who might as well have been wearing a red Star Trek uniform all season, they didn't develop him AT ALL). Maybe Herschel? Maggie will survive I think. Maybe Angela and or Lori? Maybe Merle shows up and kills the black guy?

so much cool stuff could happen. Ok so now that Dale is gone I think my favourite character is Daryl.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2012 23:54 by Black Barney.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds