October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2735 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

When did you first notice that Star Wars sucks?

More
21 Jan 2012 06:32 #113639 by metalface13
I'm still a big fan of the original trilogy. Well, the original, original trilogy before they added too much stuff to it. Old Ben Kenobi is fantastic. Han Solo is bad ass. I love the cantina and the dirty stormtroppers. Why wouldn't Vader fly out in his own fighter ship? He's a warrior, not a pansy. And Han is such a good smuggler he can even fly in under the radar of the force. Also, Anakin couldn't even tell that Padme was pregnant with twins with the Force so how is going to tell him a spaceship is coming in behind him at light speed?

Empire Strikes Back gets darker and the lightsabre fight between Vader and Luke is my favorite of the series. It's gretty, sweaty and raw.

I also love ewoks! And they go back to Tattoine. I love all the scum and villainy going on in Jabba's palace.

I started to realize Star Wars sucks in high school, prior to the release of Phantom Menace. We were playing the Star Wars CCG and there was a lot of Star Wars spin-offs going on in the form of novels, short stories and comics. The books are what gave me the red flag. The Timothy Zahn post OT books were pretty cool but the rest were bad. And do you remember the Shadows of the Empire multimedia blitz? N64 game, book, action figures. Ugh. That was bad.

Then Phantom Menace came out and I liked it at first, but was in denial about the sucky parts. There are good bits and bad bits. The lightsabre fights were awesome and Liam Neeson was uplifting. But yeah, all the cheesiness you guys mentioned.

Attack of the Clones. Ugh.

Revenge of the Sith, better. But still, Anakin's turn to the dark side is all pretty lame. Why can't jedis marry? Love is bad? It always leads you to being possessive, psycho boyfriend?

You know what does make Star Wars awesome? LEGO. I love collecting those things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 07:29 #113640 by bomber

MattLoter wrote:

anvil wrote: I've decided to renounce everything but the empire strikes back. which still fucking rules. even if I'd change it a bit, so that when Vader offers Luke the assistant managers role, I'd be like, fuck yeah, that sounds pretty cool dad, lets kick some fuckin ass, can I get me one of those black suits and helmets as well?

So basically you don't even like Star Wars... fuck outta here!

hell no, I love it, I'm just redefining Empire as the new canon, I can fill in all the rest in my head.

More
21 Jan 2012 13:57 #113649 by Black Barney
The worst Jake Lloyd offence is when QuiGon lifts him into his podracer cockpit and the kid goes, "WHOOOOOAAA!" like it's the biggest thrill ever. This is a kid who races pods and being lifted 4 feet in the air is a thrill? GIMME ME MONEY BACK

More
21 Jan 2012 15:29 #113655 by Michael Barnes
Another part where Star Wars died- the synchronized grapple gun scene. You know what I'm talking about.

Also, " Is that LEEEEEEGAL?"

And "I won it in a game of chance." Who the fuck talks like that. Hey guys, want to come over to my place to have some beers and play a game of chance?

Oh yeah, and Anakin saying "I always thought you liked flying, master" like he's on fucking quaaludes.

And using the lightsaber to kill space centipedes.

Wait...how about going on a stealth reconnaissance mission RIDING A BIG RAINBOW COLORED SQUAWKING DRAGON.

And everything about Darth Maul...a guy in devil Halloween makeup. Really?

Watto the space Jew, that's a good one too.

And the Battle Droids...not a good idea to have the bad guys be so silly and non-menacing. Were those things held together with spit and gum?

But ultimately, Star Wars started sucking with one word. Midchlorians.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:06 #113666 by Juniper

Michael Barnes wrote: But ultimately, Star Wars started sucking with one word. Midchlorians.

Yeah. I remember something breaking inside me when it was revealed that Anakin was immaculately conceived. After that point, I basically stopped paying attention to the screen until the Darth Maul light-sabre fight. But when the alleged heroes of the film take on some guy in a two-on-one fight? Not very suspenseful -- they've got him outnumbered, so they're sure to win, right? Oh, wait. Never mind, I guess Qui-Gon Jinn's uncle got him the job on the Jedi council.

More
21 Jan 2012 18:07 #113667 by bomber
The following user(s) said Thank You: wice

More
21 Jan 2012 19:06 #113670 by mads b.
I like the ewoks and think they're used for great stuff in RotJ, and the final battle cross cutting between three different yet related showdowns is epic.

However, when the guy who is gonna transform into (almost) ultimate evil is a six year old boy whos only flaw seems to be (from the onset) that he loves his momma too much - from then on it was downhill fast. And when the showdown of Jedi was almost copied at the end of Phantom Menace I stopped caring entirely.

I have to admit, though, that the third preques was okay. Maybe only compared to the shitstorm that was the two first, or maybe because the story finally seemed to matter.

More
21 Jan 2012 20:11 #113671 by Hex Sinister

Michael Barnes wrote: And "I won it in a game of chance." Who the fuck talks like that. Hey guys, want to come over to my place to have some beers and play a game of chance?

That's so damn funny I think I'm going to start saying that now.

More
21 Jan 2012 20:15 #113672 by bomber

Hex Sinister wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote: And "I won it in a game of chance." Who the fuck talks like that. Hey guys, want to come over to my place to have some beers and play a game of chance?

That's so damn funny I think I'm going to start saying that now.

make sure you stock up on deathsticks while you're at it

More
21 Jan 2012 20:22 #113673 by daveroswell
Star Wars would kick the Star Trek series ass until it cried, ran home and tattled to its Papa Shatner.

GOD some of the Star trek movies were drek.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds