October 09, 2023
2790 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2937 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
15 Oct 2013 14:43 #163142 by Ska_baron

Mad Dog wrote:

Ska_baron wrote: Also, kinda weird that some felt the need to hide what "story time" really was from Carl/Rick. Curious to see how that plays out.

Carol seems to be hiding it from everybody. She waited for the other adult to leave the had one of the kids watch the door.

Hmmm, I thought the other guy gave Carol an "all clear" signal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2013 14:52 #163144 by hotseatgames
So now they have two people from The Wire. They'll be building to some sort of "my alcohol addiction let everybody down" bit.

Swine flu?

The way they go through new people, they might as well have them all wear red shirts.

More
21 Oct 2013 14:53 #163471 by ChristopherMD
Great episode last night.

Someone feeding rats to the zombies. I think its that little girl who liked Zombie Nick as her pet. She probably would have kept her dad as a pet if Carol hadn't been there. Speaking of which I really like the direction Carol's character has gone in.
Seen people online bitching about the fence clearing. I think they were clearing it fine for the months they've been there, but just the past day or so they've been getting larger groups of zombies. Carol only pointed it out to Darryl the previous day.
Like that there's the mystery of who killed and burned the two people. And possibly fed rats to the walkers but it seems a weak plan to do that as some kind of sabotage so I'm still thinking it was the little girl. Hoping it won't just turn out to be one of the new people and they'll have to deal with it being an original cast member burning them.
The way Michonne was around Shane's baby looks like she lost a kid. Or its just another case where she's hesitant to do anything that will make her not a hardcore killing machine.

That'll be all pig.

That'll be all pig.

That'll be all pig...

More
21 Oct 2013 15:20 #163480 by mikecl

Mad Dog wrote: The way Michonne was around Shane's baby looks like she lost a kid. Or its just another case where she's hesitant to do anything that will make her not a hardcore killing machine.

Naw. She's obviously lost a child. I still think the guv-nah's behind it. Poor Rick. He can't catch a break. He's got all the good ideas and he's still doing the shit work. Just when it looks like they're in serious trouble, Rick pulls their bacon (pun intended) out of the fire once again. He's like Ralph in Lord of the Flies.

That'll do pig.

More
21 Oct 2013 15:49 - 21 Oct 2013 15:51 #163488 by Ska_baron
Thinking it's the girl feeding rats to the fence walkers and no clue on who burned the bodies, but couldnt have been the girl. Maybe Carol or Michonne?

Really hoping Rick snaps out of it soon (like Daryl said, not that he hasnt earned it), but he CANT just be a farmer now. Just not going to happen. And now we know what's going on with Carol vs. Rick on the knife class - like this aspect of the story line as it makes logical sense that if Rick's going to come back from the brink, he's going to go pretty far in the opposite direction (helping, but no desire for responsibility/guns/killing) and keep his son with him on that path. Liking that Carl doesnt seem like a little punk now.

Calling it now that one of the main characters (Daryl I'm thinking) will get sick and at death's door but pull out of it.

Anyone want to guess who the next "main" character will be that dies? Not the hows but the who: I'm thinking Hershel.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 15:51 by Ska_baron.

More
21 Oct 2013 16:04 #163494 by ChristopherMD
Hershel has become more expendable now that there are other characters who have medical knowledge. Tyreese's sister will probably go before season end.

More
29 Oct 2013 14:05 #164010 by ChristopherMD
Cover your mouth when you're coughing up blood, asshole!

They keep giving scenes to that little girl who I call Sophia 2 because I don't know her name. I'm wondering where they're going with her. Wasn't surprised at all at Carol's admission. Not sure how Rick figured it out though.

Great scene with Tyreese and his hammer. I wonder if that herds arrival will be what gets them out of the prison.

I hope Hershel lives longer. I'm really liking the actor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
29 Oct 2013 14:47 - 29 Oct 2013 14:49 #164015 by the_jake_1973
They focused on the handprint on the door. It was a smaller hand, so that really left only Carol or Carl. I was surprised at how matter of fact carol was about the killing and burning.

Since Tyrese is a black male with more than a page of script, he will be killed off. He will follow in T-Dawg's footprints unfortunately.

Also: Quit fucking with the radio while you are driving, Daryll.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 14:49 by the_jake_1973.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
29 Oct 2013 14:54 - 29 Oct 2013 14:55 #164017 by Black Barney
Rick's a cop and was investigating the scene, just staring at the blood on the door seemed to have given it away for him, not sure how either.

I haven't read the comics this far so I have no idea what's going to happen but I think Glenn is more likely to go than Hershel. I really like Hershel and I'd hate to see him go (I liked Dale too). I've had it with Glenn.

The scene with Michonne/Judith was beautiful. I thought it was immediately obvious that she lost her baby early on, which explains in volumes her coldness and desire to be on her own. I love that character.

I feel so guilty that it turned out to be Carol who burned the bodies, I was sure it was that black guy who used to be military.

My wife freaked out last week when Rick maimed the pigs to be used as bait. I told her that the pigs were going to save human lives and asked her if she wanted me to tell her how many pigs are killed each day for human consumption. I have no empathy :(

Jake, I was not surprised at all about Carol's coldness. She was a mother once before and lost her girl. Now she has been entrusted to care for two girls, she's not going to be same Carol we knew before. She'll protect those kids fiercely. Then again, her herding one of the girls into the sick area didn't strike me as especially motherly.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2013 14:55 by Black Barney.

More
29 Oct 2013 15:49 #164024 by hotseatgames
I admit I'm interested in seeing how (or if) they are going to get their hands on antibiotics now that their intended destination is completely overrun.

It's a bit weird... I don't think they've ever shown such a dense mass of zombies before.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds