October 09, 2023
2787 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2933 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
30 Oct 2013 02:25 #164070 by ChristopherMD

Black Barney wrote: Alcatraz seems perfect but it's a rock so you can't grow anything on it.

There must be some castle or fort somewhere that has a nice big green area and close to a water supply that could be perfect.

I was thinking maybe a private school with a stone/brick wall around its campus, but I don't know what's in Georgia really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2013 05:33 #164078 by Grudunza
That big horde was quite the image. I kind of wish they had held on it a little longer. I like this season so far. I had grown tired of the whole governor/Woodbury thing. Though I'm sure the governor will turn up again.

More
30 Oct 2013 20:16 #164120 by Hex Sinister
There's a "castle" in GA but it's small and the fence is inadaquate. And ground floor windows, sheesh. On the plus side it has a moat and is perfect for two MG nests but overall I rate this a weak 7.

Link: Dwarf Castle

Image link:

More
30 Oct 2013 21:06 #164123 by Black Barney
what good do MG nests do beyond the first week? Didn't you see ALIENS?

They must be wall to wall in
there. Look at those ammo counters
go. It's a shooting gallery down
there.

lol at the windows on the bottom floor. THIS CASTLE SUCKS! They probably have a counter like factories do that says, "Days since last Zombie incursion into the castle: 00" and it never makes it to 1

More
31 Oct 2013 20:00 #164173 by Hex Sinister
Hey, castles in GA are hard to come by. Anyway, we took a vote and you've been chosen to go on a scav run for maxi pads in the morning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
31 Oct 2013 20:20 #164177 by Black Barney
No way, this is BOGUS, man!

/struts off...

hey at least it will be less embarassing than buying maxi pads at the pharmacy when the world still existed.

Can we go to Europe and find castles there? We can build a raft like Tom Hanks did. Looks easy.

Problem solved. Threat to survival averted. You're welcome.

More
04 Nov 2013 22:49 #164437 by ChristopherMD
I knew Rick was gonna give Carol the boot when he took her with him. I think he made the best possible choice in doing so. Can't wait to see how Darryl and Tyreese react (for different reasons).

Those two people they found were pretty screwy. I expect the guy to come back later as some kind of villain that belongs in a Mad Max sequel. He's just got that vibe.

Loved Darryl getting into Bob's face over the bottle. They should have left him there with it.

The little girl is like a serial killer in the making. She's gonna be dangerous and I suspect follow one of the comic storylines
Warning: Spoiler!

I have to say I actually like the scavenging episodes. Makes me wish they'd leave the prison and hit the open road.

More
05 Nov 2013 01:19 #164453 by the_jake_1973
He should have brought Carol back for her to own up to what she did. She was not contrite about it and thought it was for the good of the camp. Rick was just as wrong in unilaterally dismissing Carol as she was in killing the infected.

If their small society felt that Carol did an acceptable thing, let her stay. If not, then she gets the boot.

Those hippy freaks were odd ducks. I enjoyed Carol's reaction to leaving the dude. "It was a nice watch"

Why weren't they able to go back the way they came when in the university? It didn't seem like they made much noise, yet all of a sudden, zombies. Shenanigans.

More
05 Nov 2013 02:01 - 05 Nov 2013 02:02 #164460 by ChristopherMD

the_jake_1973 wrote: If their small society felt that Carol did an acceptable thing, let her stay. If not, then she gets the boot.

The ones that don't consider murder of innocent people acceptable will wisely split away from the ones that do. That would be the end of their society.

If Carol stayed then Tyreese would kill her. Then Darryl would kill Tyreese. Then Tyreeses' sister would kill Darryl. Then the show would be over. Carol had to go.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2013 02:02 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikecl

More
05 Nov 2013 12:45 #164475 by Black Barney
Jake, I agree that it was ridiculous that they ran into zombies on the way out. They had found a safe way in after all. Also, I hate it when they use stealth ninja zombies just for scares. One room they went in (it was a thin room), they traversed from end to end and only when the Tyreese crosses, this walker comes out of the shadows, "RAWR!". Those things make tons of noise all the time, they don't sneak up on you.

but yeah, Rick couldn't bring Carol back with him cuz Tyreese would have killed her and that sets off a domino effect and another civil war of some people perhaps suggesting that Shane/Carol did the right thing. In fact, that might happen anyway.

Good episode for sure. I really liked how Rick justified everything. "If it was just you, me, Carl and Judith, I'd have to kick you out" damn skippy

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds