October 09, 2023
2623 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2816 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

What TV SHOWS are you watching? ARCHIVE

More
28 Sep 2010 22:18 #75310 by ChristopherMD
I don't watch much TV in general and when I do its usually downloaded after it airs.

Haven - Never read The Colorado Kid, but the show is okay so far. Nothing special and I expect the mystery will be wrapped up with the season finale leaving the second season to just finish whatever cliffhanger they end on and then not be worth watching unless a hotter chick comes into it.

Stargate Universe - I'll watch the season premiere tomorrow (it airs tonight). I really liked the first season quite a bit. Practically rebooted the franchise with a more serious style that it ripped from Battlestar Galactica, like having personal drama and civilian versus military tensions with everyday survival issues (needing power, food, water, etc).
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Sep 2010 07:20 #75333 by Schweig!
The Office, Big Bang Theory and The Colbert Report
More
29 Sep 2010 09:36 #75344 by JacobMartin
Seinfeld - I'm three discs into Season 3 with the DVDs, hope I don't go too far into it before I have to buy the last three box sets to complete the series. Because this is one show I'd like to see all the way through. It's not like one of those anime shows where there's not many episodes. When a live action series has more run time than Speed Racer (the anime that is) did, you know you're in for a marathon.

Jerry Seinfeld is kinda funny, but he does get annoying. He's annoying but funny because of it.
More
29 Sep 2010 09:41 #75345 by Chapel
Ones that I am getting into recently is

Boardwalk Empire Covers atlantic city during the prohibition era. Your typical ganster period peice, starring Steve Buscemi who plays a real life character "Nucky" Johnson. So far it's pretty good.

Sons of Anarchy
Third season of this show about a gang of Bikers in California who live in a crime infested world.

Hawaii Five-o Don't laugh. I like it. More of a miami vice than the original five-o, and it's kind of cheesy, but I like it.
More
29 Sep 2010 09:58 #75347 by Black Barney
Daily Show

it's the only television program that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out. If Star Trek: Next Generation was on more, I'd watch that too.

Oh and I like watching Tim & Eric, Flight of the Concords or Curb your Enthusiasm but they're never on.

So basically, I just fire up the television, see if any good movies are playing, if not I fire up the Xbox360 until Daily Show starts. That's my exciting life.
More
29 Sep 2010 10:17 #75350 by MattFantastic
30 Rock, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, The Office. Bummed that Parks and Rec got pushed back and only gets a half season. Other than that we don't really watch TV.

Just started to watch a couple episodes of some show where they dig around in junk for cool stuff on the Netflix. Dunno if we'll ever watch it again though.
More
29 Sep 2010 11:15 #75365 by ubarose
Cut the cable last year, so we don't watch anything unless it's streaming or on DVD.

My guilty pleasure is watching Sanctuary.

We also started watching Farscape, partially due to Mr. Skeletor's adamant defense of the show. Mostly due to the advise to start with the second season. We had tried before by starting with the first season, but couldn't stand it.
More
29 Sep 2010 11:16 - 29 Sep 2010 11:18 #75367 by lj1983
Better off Ted season 2 showed up on netflix instant play, so watching that and 30 rock.

I was downloading Eureka and playing that through the Xbox, but got hit with a cease and desist warning on that from my NBC/ISP. First time that's happened, but that's ok. so I'll have to see how to get Hulu onto my TV. I think i just need some cables.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2010 11:18 by lj1983.
More
29 Sep 2010 11:21 #75368 by san il defanso
No cable for us either. We watch everything on DVD or Instant Watch.

The Simpsons - Enjoying the thirteenth season on DVD. Still great, even though its past it's prime.

King of the Hill - A really underrated show, if you ask me. The characters are very funny, and it captures small-town red-state America very well. It's just a good show.

Star Trek: TNG - I have a lot of fond memories of TNG, but the first season (which I am currently slogging through) is pretty dreadful in places. The completist in me wants to watch it all, but at this point I can only take confidence in the fact that I KNOW it gets better.
More
29 Sep 2010 11:28 #75369 by Black Barney
yeah the first two seasons are garbage compared to the rest. The last season isn't terrific either.

There's like a sweet spot somewhere in the middle between Darmok and Inner Light where almost every episode was awesome
More
29 Sep 2010 11:36 #75371 by Ska_baron
Top Chef is over (boo!) but Office, Glee, Modern Family, and Parenthood are back (yay!)

Also just started watching Colbert Report regularly which makes me happy - damn that man is funny.
More
29 Sep 2010 11:44 #75374 by mjl1783
Oh, Jesus, let's see...

Every iteration of The Real Housewives, also Flipping Out, America's Next Top Model, and Top Chef. Yeah, pretty much everything that's on Bravo, I guess.

Goddamn girlfriend. At least she likes House.
More
29 Sep 2010 12:31 #75396 by Grudunza
The Mrs. and I regularly tune into House (best overall show on TV for a few years now, IMO), The Simpsons, Modern Family, Community (a new favorite, though it took some time to appreciate), 30 Rock, The Office, Chuck, Parks and Rec. and The Apprentice. Also, one of our favorite series is Hustle, a terrific show on the BBC about a team of con artists, but there are only 6 episodes of that each "season" and the next one won't begin for a few months. Leverage on TNT is kind of a "Hustle-lite" and it's pretty good, too, though I like the 3 side characters a lot better than the two main characters, which is kind of a problem in terms of appreciating the show in general.

We need some kind of long-term narrative drama show to replace Lost. Any suggestions? We don't usually watch new shows coming out until there's been some collective buzz that they are worth following, and then we just catch up from the start (which is how we got into BSG and Prison Break). I'd probably be into the new Walking Dead series, but I doubt my wife will want to watch that.
More
29 Sep 2010 14:13 #75408 by Dr. Mabuse
We're currently watching season 3 of Madmen, we have Season two of Nurse Jackie and Season one of Hung waiting in the wings.

Grud find Nurse Jackie season one if you can. It's a great quirky drama and Edie Falco is fuckin' awesome, then again when isn't she.
More
29 Sep 2010 15:29 #75421 by Bernie
I watch quite a lot of stuff.

Supernatural seasons 1-5 is one of the best shows over the past few years, and the best on network tv aside from lost. Season 1 starts a bit slow but the payoff is worth it. Season 6 is airing now but the show was intended to be 5 and ran with the intended end, so I am undecided on season 6 with only 1 epp in the books at this point.

Comunity and Big Bang are great as well.

Other shows i watch, Smallville (last 2 seasons have been much better and this is the last, so may as well se it end), Bones, House, How I met your mother, 30 Rock, Castle, The mentalist and some other stuff.
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds