October 09, 2023
2526 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

What my SECRET SATAN sent me!

More
18 Dec 2011 09:56 #110427 by jur
Listened to the moog album (disk one!). Not as bad as i feared and certainly more attitude than 1980s and 1990s synthesizer cover albums

But there is a commom misconception about music in hell. Instead of the muzak we hate here on earth, my lord sees much more opportunity for evil by putting on your favourite song on eternal repeat. That's what hell is about, making you hate what you love.

Except of course, it doesn't exist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 12:47 #110432 by SuperflyPete
http://www.amazon.com/Country-Moog-Nashville-Gold-Trythall/dp/B000MX7UOO

Holy Christ in heaven....THAT is truly the devil's work. I'm not sure, but that may be what is played near the deepest circle of hell. Preview Folsom Prison Blues....just the beginning is enough to make you want to be a good person from this point forward.

More
18 Dec 2011 12:57 #110433 by jur

SuperflyTNT wrote: http://www.amazon.com/Country-Moog-Nashville-Gold-Trythall/dp/B000MX7UOO

Holy Christ in heaven....THAT is truly the devil's work. I'm not sure, but that may be what is played near the deepest circle of hell. Preview Folsom Prison Blues....just the beginning is enough to make you want to be a good person from this point forward.

Folsom Prison Blues is on disk 2, so don't know yet. But Polk Salad Annie still boogies, no matter how much Moog you put in it

More
18 Dec 2011 14:15 - 18 Dec 2011 14:22 #110444 by Notahandle
Michael Barnes wrote:
" Damn y'all, I wish I had thrown my name in there now..."
But you could have experienced this: -
I'd imagined a shipping container unloaded at your house. You open one door and a cascade of peanut packing flows out. A Super Dungeon Explore figure catches your eye and you wade in scattering more peanuts behind you. Next an Ares Project card catches your eye. You decide to get a shovel and a swag bag from the house and return to the container from hell to see what else awaits. There's snow around, who cares about escaping peanuts, they'll never be noticed. Continuing, you find a Star Trek Fleet Captains model, some Summoner Wars Master Set cards, and a Dragon Rage counter. But what really decides you to keep going and empty the container is the rare Legend of Drizzt : Vierna Do'Urden promo card. This must be the kindest Secret Satan ever!

When you finally get to the back of the container, do you see a pile of game boxes containing the rest of the pieces for the dozens of odds and ends you've found? No. You see one box, it's the game Container. Could it get any worse you wonder as you open the box. Inside of which sits a piece of paper obscuring what's beneath. It reads "Your favourite game awaits". Trembling, you rip it aside to reveal . . .
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 18 Dec 2011 14:22 by Notahandle. Reason: Cannot bookmark specific RE page on Z-Man site!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, jeb

More
18 Dec 2011 17:26 - 18 Dec 2011 17:30 #110457 by MattFantastic
So I got my box a couple days ago but didn't have time to get the photos set till now...

The big thing for me is I'm not even sure if I got Satan'd or not, or at least how fully I got it. Either I didn't get screwed or someone tried and doesn't know me that well haha

First up is the box. Warning: Contains Evil

Alright, let's crack this safe open and see if Pandora comes out to eat my face...

What the fuck is this German business... No idea, but Dirk Henn is a brand name dude and despite doing some total shit town Euros, he did do Shogun/Wallenstein. Plus, it's about making beer. Looking more closely it seems to be a wacked out For Sale kinda thing where you have two phases; brew beer and sell beer. I dunno, about this one actually getting much play, but it sure does look sweet and is weird, so I'm stoked to have it.

Maybe this is supposed to fuck me off? I mean really, how many copies do I need, but FUCK YOU SATAN, I now have enough for tournament convention play or double big mega games! So for most of you, this is more like Satan fucking you over cause now my drunk ass is going to hassle your drunk ass into playing a game where the object is to collect and WEAR dazzling plastic jewelry. Funny aside: just a few days before my mom was talking about what an asshole I was when I played this with my sister as kids and I'd win and parade around the house shouting about how I was the prettiest princess, not her.

Digging to the bottom of this pit of hell, I dunno what the fuck this is either but hot damn am I happy to have it. "A game of pegging"... bet these dudes didn't know that 35 years later Dan Savage would give that a whole new dirty meaning. But looking closer, these dirty fucks just got the precise mechanics of pegging wrong. Yup, it's a game of late 60's sexual innuendo for wild swingers; the Match Game PM of boardgames. Can't wait to pull out my Charles Nelson Riley impersonation and make Trish Brett Summers! The rules are ludicrous, there are cards you draw with all kinds of dirty stuff and all over the place are little dirty double entendres. It also includes a blank deck of cards you can customize to make things even "spicier". The first rule in the book suggests you set the board up "on a card table, the floor, or even better, the bed..." Love it.

And oddly enough, it's not even in the BGG database yet, but I did find this great ad from a 1969 issue of the LA Free Press (it was next to an ad for "The Paris Bookstall" which you "Must be 21 to even enter!".

Also fun bonus points on the inside box lid:

So all in all I got a game about beer, a game about princesses and a game about fucking. Guess me and Satan are on the up and up! Thanks buddy!
Last edit: 18 Dec 2011 17:30 by MattFantastic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Skeletor, Cranberries, Hatchling, DeletedUser

More
18 Dec 2011 20:38 #110471 by Michael Barnes
Fuckin' awesome...I knew I paired you up with a good one!

FYI- I did tell him you were a trannie...

More
18 Dec 2011 22:09 #110475 by Big A
Dear Satan,

What sort of sick person sends a copy of a game in German!
I received my copy of "Giganten der Lüfte" or Airships. Whilst I have never heard of this game before and don't mind the idea of Zepplins as a theme for a game. The game looks, (and the note that came with the game assures me it is) absolutely no fun.

Thank you Satan I will cherish your present and agree to play the game as long as you promise to play a complete game of the one I sent you.

A

More
19 Dec 2011 00:37 #110478 by Sagrilarus

Michael Barnes wrote: FYI- I did tell him you were a trannie...

Hey -- he's a cross-dresser, not a trannie.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic

More
19 Dec 2011 03:40 #110488 by Michael Barnes
Eh, six inches of one, half a dozen of the other.

The Zeppelin game sounds dreadful. I hate balloons of any kind.

More
19 Dec 2011 12:16 #110505 by stormseeker75
You hate balloons? Want to talk about it?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds