October 09, 2023
2594 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2789 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Anybody here got some skill at drawing?

More
21 Mar 2012 18:18 #120132 by repoman
Ok so I had an idea (or as some of us here in the North East say "idear"). I want to get some T-shirts made up.

On the front we'd have the F:AT logo, small like where the breast pocket would be.

On the back I'd like to get a picture of a Mech (like Ed-209 from Robocop) blazing away at a meeple.

I would front the cost to have them printed and anybody that wanted one could pay an amount equal to the printing cost..or maybe a bit more to be donated to the website.

The problem is, I can't draw to save my life. I'm not looking for oil painting type quality but I do want it to look good.

Anybody have the skills and the willingness to make this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 18:37 #120134 by san il defanso

repoman wrote: Ok so I had an idea (or as some of us here in the North East say "idear"). I want to get some T-shirts made up.

On the front we'd have the F:AT logo, small like where the breast pocket would be.

On the back I'd like to get a picture of a Mech (like Ed-209 from Robocop) blazing away at a meeple.

I would front the cost to have them printed and anybody that wanted one could pay an amount equal to the printing cost..or maybe a bit more to be donated to the website.

The problem is, I can't draw to save my life. I'm not looking for oil painting type quality but I do want it to look good.

I can't draw to save my life, but I want this shirt.

More
21 Mar 2012 18:48 #120140 by QPCloudy

San Il Defanso wrote:

repoman wrote: Ok so I had an idea (or as some of us here in the North East say "idear"). I want to get some T-shirts made up.

I can't draw to save my life, but I want this shirt.

+1

More
21 Mar 2012 23:01 #120181 by cdennett
With my limited experience with getting t-shirts made, I always got the t-shirt place to do the art for me. Not sure if they would really do an awesome job, but it may not cost you anything to try. And yeah, I have no artistic talent, but would totally buy this shirt.

More
22 Mar 2012 00:32 #120191 by Dr. Mabuse
Dood! We have a professional comic artist in fellow FATtie Jason Lutes. Not sure if that's his thing but maybe worth sending him a TM, if he hasn't seen this already.

More
22 Mar 2012 00:46 #120195 by repoman
I was unaware. But now I know..and knowing is half the battle.

More
22 Mar 2012 01:20 #120199 by Stephen Avery
I can knock that out for you...unfortunately I am busy making "Ken luvs Teh Cock" shirts.

(I actually considered doing that BTW - just another detail that fell by the wayside)
(and the Avery/Kenyon Roadkill trip of '10 - Snap I'm such a slacker.)

Steve"Will get to that"Avery

More
22 Mar 2012 01:38 #120201 by Schweig!
I could do this if you sent me one of the t-shirts. ;)

I do digital stuff as well, see for a party I organized: www.uni-koblenz-landau.de/koblenz/studen...3monkeys/plakats.png

I'd need some specifics though: how many colours, what file type, etc.

I'd suggest having the mech fire at Eugene though. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
22 Mar 2012 03:14 #120209 by MattFantastic
I was going to do shirts a while ago but never did.

Someone has been borrowing all my printing stuff but he's supposed to bring it back soon, he's trying to get a van to drive it back up cause it's kinda big, and if that happens I can do the shirts pretty easily. I used to screen shirts for a while, it was a good in-between-tours bonus job plus I got to do all our merch and stuff for bands on the label.

More
22 Mar 2012 05:03 #120212 by jeb
Don't ask Lutes, guys, please. Artists, crazy as it may seem, often want to be paid to work. Let me rephrase, ask if Lutes would take a commission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic, san il defanso

More
22 Mar 2012 13:23 #120222 by repoman
Ok it is SO on! Steve "Working for the betterment of All Man Kind" Avery has agreed to draw up the image.

It was cool of you to offer and I appreciate it Schweig.

Matt, I also have a four color screening machine. But it'd be a total pain in the ass. Frankly it's the making of the screens that is the costliest part of getting the shirts done not the printing itself. So in a cost vs. bullshit ratio analysis it's just as easy to get them done and there is a good guy I use here in Manchester.

Jeb! Na-duh! I don't tow for free. I don't expect artists to artify for free. That being said, if a brother asks for a favor, depending on who it is I might help him out. Only way to know is to ask without expectation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hatchling

More
22 Mar 2012 16:21 - 22 Mar 2012 16:23 #120244 by SuperflyPete

Dr. Mabuse wrote: Dood! We have a professional comic artist in fellow FATtie Jason Lutes. Not sure if that's his thing but maybe worth sending him a TM, if he hasn't seen this already.

Uh...DAVID AUSLOOS? AVERY THE ART TEACHER? SCHWEIG, OUR RESIDENT CARTOONIST?

Edit: Sorry, late!

Edit 2: It will also be telling whence you start asking for orders....the sizes. It's going to be hilarious to see the Small to XXL ratio.
LOL
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 16:23 by SuperflyPete.

More
22 Mar 2012 16:27 - 22 Mar 2012 16:28 #120245 by jeb

Some fat guy wrote: Edit 2: It will also be telling whence you start asking for orders....the sizes. It's going to be hilarious to see the Small to XXL ratio.

There will be a ratio?

Let's make sure we get some babydoll tees as well for Loter.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 16:28 by jeb.

More
22 Mar 2012 16:40 - 22 Mar 2012 16:42 #120246 by repoman
You really think Double X will be the upward limit?

Oh and Steve "Cosmic Mind Link" Avery just showed me the sketch he did. I was so pumped I jumped out of my chair and clapped my hands. It ROCKS. Just what I had in mind.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 16:42 by repoman.

More
22 Mar 2012 16:41 #120247 by stormseeker75
I'm a pretty robust mammal, guess I'll have to rein in my fatness if I want a FAT shirt.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds