October 09, 2023
2550 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2746 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Batman thread

More
21 Jul 2012 02:27 #131072 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: Happy Batman Day

Black Barney wrote: what was the 3-month old doing there anyway?

That is the question of the year. People took babies to a midnight premiere of Batman? I mean, God Almighty, you couldn't wait until Friday at 4pm?

S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2012 02:35 #131073 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: Happy Batman Day

Michael Barnes wrote: Batman rules. Batman doesn't kill people. I can't wait to see the movie.

Hopefully sanity will win out and an angry mob will descend on the jail where this guy is being held, the cops will look the other way, and they'll pull him out of the cell, rip him to pieces, drag his entrails through the street, and then take turns pissing on the remains before his entire existence ends in fire and ashes.

Barbarism is not always wrong.

QFT.

I'm going tomorrow morning. Can. Not. Wait.

More
21 Jul 2012 03:00 #131074 by jpat
Replied by jpat on topic Re: Happy Batman Day
It is definitely impressive. That's my insightful criticism.

More
21 Jul 2012 04:46 #131078 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Re: Happy Batman Day
My wife wanted to go see the Batman movie for her birthday weekend, and she got tickets 3 weeks ahead of time. We are going Sunday. I'm just wondering if there is going to be extra security because cops are worried about copycats.

More
21 Jul 2012 13:38 #131081 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: Happy Batman Day
they said there would be in NYC but I don't think it'll be widespread.

More
21 Jul 2012 15:25 #131085 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Re: Happy Batman Day
Saw this last knight. Its on par with the first movie and the end felt satisfying.

More
21 Jul 2012 16:52 - 21 Jul 2012 17:30 #131094 by mikecl
Replied by mikecl on topic Re: Happy Batman Day

Sagrilarus wrote:

Black Barney wrote: what was the 3-month old doing there anyway?

That is the question of the year. People took babies to a midnight premiere of Batman? I mean, God Almighty, you couldn't wait until Friday at 4pm?

S.

We're far too quick to rush to judgment. Maybe somebody got her free tickets and she had no one to look after the kids. Who the fuck knows? And who the fuck cares? No one would even be questioning it if it weren't for this maniac.

There are far bigger questions like why is it so easy for an insane person to legally accumulate a personal arsenal. War on terror? What a joke. Al Quaida couldn't have done a better job. What's next? Metal detectors in theatres?

The problem isn't some woman with a baby in a movie theater at midnight. But this isn't the right forum for that kind of a discussion.

Ahem...we now return you to your regular progamming...
Last edit: 21 Jul 2012 17:30 by mikecl.

More
21 Jul 2012 17:02 #131096 by Da Bid Dabid
Replied by Da Bid Dabid on topic Re: Happy Batman Day

Mad Dog wrote: Saw this last knight. Its on par with the first movie and the end felt satisfying.

I agree with this completely. A good flick and worth seeing, but I did feel it could have been a bit shorter. Not as bad as Lord of the Rings films, just a minor quibble.

More
21 Jul 2012 17:46 #131099 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: Happy Batman Day
I dunno, Mike, it seems like a legitimate question. You're right that it has nothing to do with the shooting and I would be asking this same question if I saw a 3-month old at the theatre with me at any midnight screening (I often ask my wife stuff like, "why is that kid at Cabin in the Woods? He's like 4 years old.")

I just brought it up cuz when I'm reading the details of this awful event, I heard a record scratch when I read a 3-month old was injured. It seemed out of place in the same way that the story could have said, "a circus elephant was also shot"

that's all. It's just an observation and this seems like the perfect forum for that kind of meaningless discussion, is all. No biggie :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikecl

More
21 Jul 2012 20:56 #131102 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Re: Happy Batman Day
Three months old? Hell, they're probably napping through the whole thing, and not sleeping the whole night anyway. As long it's not bothering other people at the theater it's odd but not impossible. some babies have weird sleep schedules and aren't bothered by noise.

I have more trouble understanding the parents of the six-year-old kid at the midnight screening of a Nolan Batman film. I don't want my six year-old boy watching The Dark Knight at all (or Rises until I've vetted it), much less at midnight on a Thursday. Much more dubious parenting choice.

However, still not a parenting choice that they should be dying for. That shit's just messed up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Ancient_of_MuMu, Fallen

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds