October 09, 2023
2520 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2721 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

What Blogs/Podcasts/VCasts do you consume?

More
25 Jun 2014 15:06 #181197 by san il defanso
I used to be a big podcast listener, but now I've basically pared down to these ones:

The BS Report - I like Bill Simmons a lot, though he often covers stuff I don't really care about. He gets a lot more rotation when football season comes around.

WTF - Maron is maybe my favorite interviewer ever. Again, this is mostly dependent on who he's talking to.

The Takedown Notice - A big reason I listen to it is because it's the podcast I'm in, but I'm really proud of it too. We at least have a podcast that I would want to listen to even if I wasn't involved, so that's nice.

No gaming podcasts really anymore. I really liked Game On with Cody and John though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2014 16:05 #181200 by Msample

Sagrilarus wrote: Am I the only guy that listens to Guns Dice and Butter?

Nope. I have listened to all of them, and was actually a guest on one early episode. That said, I wish he'd branch out a bit. He tends towards borderline hero worship of older monster game designers .

And the fucking music interludes add 20 mins per episode.

charlest wrote:
Podcasts

I also listen to the D6 Generation. I access their blog through their iOS app, which is pretty nice. Usually listen to them when mowing the lawn as it's a very long podcast and won't end before I'm done.
www.thed6generation.com/

I tried a couple, but way too much stupid chatter vs actual game content.

More
25 Jun 2014 16:21 #181202 by DeletedUser
I commute three hours per day using public transport so I consume a lot of podcasts and Vcasts. All of them are gaming related because I really love this hobby. I have tried listening to almost every gaming-related podcast out there and whittled them down to just a few favourites.

Regular podcast listener of:
The Dice Tower
The D6 Generation
The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast
The Plaid Hat Podcast
Board Game Pirate Cast
and have just started listening to the new Escapist Magazine Podcast - Tabletop Edition.

I also listen to the F:ATCast when it comes out, but it's so sporadic that I don't lump it in with the regulars above.

Regular Vcast watcher of:
The Dice Tower Top Ten (watch this almost solely for the interaction between the hosts - Zee and Sam crack me up)
Boardgame Breakfast (but I always skip the Scott Nicholson and Tablet games segments)

I also watch a lot of Tom Vasel's video reviews, often just skipping past the game explanation to get to his thoughts on the game and then going back if it looks like something I'd be interested in.

I think that's about it. With my commute I manage to keep up-to-date with all of them which is a scary thought.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds