October 09, 2023
2518 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2719 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Help me keep our child fed!

More
10 Feb 2011 13:22 #87525 by Ska_baron
Wow. With that exploitative title, who knows what could lie within, right?

Well, it's kinda true, but not so dire.

The (long) story goes: My wife and I were blessed with a darling baby girl about eight and a half months ago and she's certainly changed our lives from the mundane to the epic. One of the more epic changes was my wife's desire to stay home to raise her (and the future brood). She's like a momma bear when it comes to that. But since we require more than just my income and she's always had a gift with video editing (which is what her previous 9-5 jobs had entailed) - she's been working her tail off to get her video production company off the ground and she just went live in the last few weeks!

The (short) story goes:
Behold, Mulberry Street Productions: mulberrystreetproductions.org/

So it's a bit late for Valentine's day, but this kind of thing makes for a great gift for your sig other (Barney, Ken would adore a montage of your baby pics I'm sure). But there's also a TON of folks around here with new babies and we all know the equal copious amounts of pictures and videos - so this could be something to do with em.

The kind of stuff she excels at is putting your crummy old videos to music. You know the ones that you took in an effort to "document this momentous occasion" and havent looked at since? She does great, great work and has for a while now. She's got good equipment and uses Final Cut in her editing, so take a look at her website, or on youtube or facebook to see examples of what she can do. She's pretty creative, so if you have an idea for something, definitely contact her and she'll see what she can come up with!

Whew!

Feel free to PM me, or ask questions here or ask her yourself - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (just tell her you know her husband Ska_baron on some dorky board game site)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2011 13:24 #87526 by Michael Barnes
If I had some footage of Avery and I gaming together I'd get her to do one with "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

More
10 Feb 2011 13:25 #87527 by Ska_baron
Oh yeah, I knew I'd leave something out!

Goes without saying, but here I'll say it: Spread the word! If you know of someone (friend, family... enemy?) who would be interested, please send them her way!

And of course, I appreciate the opportunity to post this here and if no one needs this kind of service, then no harm done. No pressure. If you are interested, then it'll be helping not only us, but my wife's BIG into St. Jude's so she decided from the outset that a percentage of her income from this is going straight there in the form of a monthly check.

Thanks again!

More
10 Feb 2011 13:26 - 10 Feb 2011 13:29 #87528 by Ska_baron
Michael Barnes wrote:

If I had some footage of Avery and I gaming together I'd get her to do one with "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

This brings up several possibilities. Knowing about this service, feel free to take ridiculous footage at Averycon, ConnCon, etc and know that it's in loving hands. She's got a wicked sense of humor, so the sky's the limit.

Example: about a third of the way through the "Memory Mix," that's me shuffling Dominion cards on the back of our first born. That's how we roll.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2011 13:29 by Ska_baron.

More
10 Feb 2011 13:55 #87529 by Space Ghost
Ska_baron wrote:

If you are interested, then it'll be helping not only us, but my wife's BIG into St. Jude's so she decided from the outset that a percentage of her income from this is going straight there in the form of a monthly check.

That's great! St. Jude's is our favorite charity to give to each year --- I will make sure to spread this around.

More
10 Feb 2011 17:06 #87547 by Ska_baron
Thanks Space Ghost - it's all about word of mouth for right now.

And maybe there's a way to do a highlight reel of all your devestating pinball victories over fellow Fatties...

More
11 Feb 2011 05:21 #87593 by Notahandle
The Billyz slapfest would be a great candidate for some professional editing.

More
11 Feb 2011 05:44 #87594 by OldHippy
I checked out the website, nice work. I also bookmarked it for later as our baby is due June 16 and we may have need of these services in the future. I'll send the note out to others I know as well, there's a bunch of people I hang with all having babies now. It's baby popping season!

More
11 Feb 2011 08:55 #87601 by billyz
Notahandle wrote:

The Billyz slapfest would be a great candidate for some professional editing.

That's actually not a bad idea... maybe we could immortalize the sure-to-be epic hijinks of Averyfest '11 on digital film simulate.

More
11 Feb 2011 09:10 #87607 by Notahandle
Thanks, I'm sure I'm not the only one who cannot attend but would love to see some video and pictures.

More
11 Feb 2011 10:49 #87612 by Ska_baron
JonJacob - Appreciate the effort! We're in that phase too where EVERYONE is having babies. Weirdly enough, they're all girls. We have a few more friends who have yet to pop one out though so we'll see which gender they get! Plus, you take all these pics/videos of your baby doing (most likely) nothing and this is a great way to acutally make them entertaining. At least less yawn inducing when you show your friends who were just being polite in the first place asking if you had any cute pics or something ;)

billyz and notahandle - Immediately I'm thinking some ultra ridiculous slow mo, over the top style for this slap. Who won that by the by? Also any drunken billyz/Loter wrestle-fest (ticklefest?) would be hilarious to include.

In other news, I just may be able to take Loter up on his offered ride to slip down to GA to tape some footage myself. I have placed the contingency on myself that I have to gett off my ass more to make my game prototype acceptable to be played. Then I'll just wait til you're all drunk enough to foist it upon you...

More
11 Feb 2011 11:19 #87613 by MattFantastic
Ska_baron wrote:

In other news, I just may be able to take Loter up on his offered ride to slip down to GA to tape some footage myself. I have placed the contingency on myself that I have to gett off my ass more to make my game prototype acceptable to be played. Then I'll just wait til you're all drunk enough to foist it upon you...

Alright, so CONFIRMED!

More
15 Feb 2011 09:04 #87960 by Ska_baron
Haha - I like your enthusiasm Loter. Put me down in pencil and we'll see. Available leave may come into it as well depending on when you're going down/coming back. But if no one else voices a desire for the last spot in your Gamer-mobile, then I'll take it for now.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds