2913 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
3041 0
Hot

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
31 Mar 2012 16:11 #121190 by QPCloudy

Helljin wrote: Hi there,

I've been lurking a bit here for awhile and finally registered.

I'm currently playing Memoir 44 on the table and Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars on the Xbox.

Welcome! I enjoyed the C&C TW demo, but the only video rts I have played full yon 360 was Halo Wars, which I surprisingly LOVED!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2012 16:22 #121192 by Helljin

QPCloudy wrote:

Helljin wrote: Hi there,

I've been lurking a bit here for awhile and finally registered.

I'm currently playing Memoir 44 on the table and Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars on the Xbox.

Welcome! I enjoyed the C&C TW demo, but the only video rts I have played full yon 360 was Halo Wars, which I surprisingly LOVED!

Halo Wars is my most played game of the Halo franchise. I don't think it's the best rts out there, but it's great for the Xbox and it has the Halo storyline going for it.

More
22 Apr 2012 18:02 #123532 by Erik Twice
So I'm like,bored and stuff so I registered here :)

I have been a long time lurker of the forums, mainly because it seems a place where you can see people actually discuss the games instead of the boxes or a barely grasped understanding of the rules. It truly seems people have a healthy rotation of games instead of a new one each week and while I'm sure most have unplayed collections here, I'm willing to overlook it ;-)

I'm not so much of a player as someone who likes to talk about games but I will play almost anything that is fun. While I really like economical and train games and you may hate me for not thinking Arkham Horror is too much of a good game I will play anything and I really like a lot of ameritrashy titles like Cosmic Encounter and the eyt to be pimped Car Wars.

I also have a gaming blog and like the Fortress' podcast.

Nice to meet you everyone :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Notahandle, Rliyen, jeb, Dr. Mabuse, Sagrilarus, DeletedUser, repoman, QPCloudy, Fallen

More
15 May 2012 02:40 #125606 by Dogmatix

Erik Twice wrote:
I also have a gaming blog and like the Fortress' podcast.

Nice to meet you everyone :)

You have a blog going here or elsewhere? Linkify us please :)

Oh, and, hi there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Rliyen

More
22 May 2012 01:30 - 22 May 2012 01:34 #126360 by PowerTheGame
Hope this works... I debuted a game at GAMA in March and off to ORIGINS next week. Flaster Siskin said I should sign up here. Said a good group of guys run and are on this site.

Hello.

Hope you guys like wargames... and of those a deck-building tactical one, with Modern-Warfare themes and you use the CARDS as pieces.

-PK Torretto
P.O.W.E.R. the Military Tactical Card Game

PS - Anyone want to review it? I'll send you stuff. Check out the Demo page (gulp) on the site for more.
Last edit: 22 May 2012 01:34 by PowerTheGame. Reason: reviewed??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
22 May 2012 02:27 #126371 by Sagrilarus
You know, that actually looks pretty interesting. I bet my oldest boy would love it. Is it available for sale yet?

Banner ads here on F:At are pretty doggone cheap. It may be worth clicking on the "Advertise" option at the top of the page.

Welcome aboard by the way.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PowerTheGame

More
22 May 2012 02:48 - 22 May 2012 02:51 #126375 by PowerTheGame

Sagrilarus wrote: You know, that actually looks pretty interesting. I bet my oldest boy would love it. Is it available for sale yet?

FABULOUS! Music to my ears.... We will be Kickstarting an expansion pack as well before next year.

Pre-orders start next month (June), right after Origins... Distribution is thru Alliance, so they should be able to truck it to the store nearest you! Tell your store to look in GTM #148 for a full page ad.

-PK Torretto
P.O.W.E.R. the Military Tactical Card Game
Last edit: 22 May 2012 02:51 by PowerTheGame. Reason: captcha grrr

More
15 Jun 2012 19:04 #128321 by the_jake_1973
I just got here from likely the Drake's Flames. Let's go with that since I can't actually recall.

I am a wargamer and boardgamer from way back. I am lucky to have a fiancee who likes most of the boardgames I play. We have a small group of rpg/boardgamers that get together as well which is nice. To satisfy my competitive nature I like to track everyone's wins on the game boxes. My girl is killing me in Dominion, but I have the edge on Thunderstone. I can't seem to beat her in 2 player Merchants and Marauders.

I think that I am one of the few people who does not like Agricola. I am definitely not a fan of the worker resource games.

We just moved into a house and now we will have space to spread out Arkham Horror and some expansions.

Cheers
Jake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, OldHippy, engineer Al

More
15 Jun 2012 21:15 #128340 by engineer Al

the_jake_1973 wrote: We just moved into a house and now we will have space to spread out Arkham Horror and some expansions.

Gonna need a BIG table, too.

More
15 Jun 2012 23:00 #128364 by StrayKnife
While I've been around the site for awhile, I haven't been as active in contributing as I've liked. So I might as well introduce myself!

I'm an author (" Eve of Corruption "), drummer ( Lorenguard ), game designer (FFG), and Mage Knight addict.

I'm planning on starting an ongoing blog here, giving my insights into my experience with games, music, and general mischief.

And yeah, my twin brother designed Descent 2, but he also plays bass for Lorenguard. Check him out!

-Brady
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy, mikecl

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds