A social networking site just for Barnes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A social networking site just for Barnes

02 Mar 2012 01:00 #118165

Re: A social networking site just for Barnes

MattLoter wrote:
I seriously want to go to the Gathering. Seems like it would be a totally surreal place to rage. If nothing else, I have respect for the commitment to positive community building vibes, even if much of said community personally repulses me.

Attending the gatherings was fun. However, working for Psychopathic Records and Nelson Ledges Quarry Park where the gatherings in 03 - 05 were held, really shone a light on the "juggalo". They are the most vile beings I have ever witnessed. Seriously, there may be a small hand full of decent humans in sub culture, but for the most part, they are terrible people. They are violent, rude, disrespectful. Ugh, I could go on for hours. Again, watching the show ans spectacle the bands put on was something special and seriously epic, but the scene is just pathetic.
02 Mar 2012 03:20 #118172

QPCloudy wrote:
MattLoter wrote:
I seriously want to go to the Gathering. Seems like it would be a totally surreal place to rage. If nothing else, I have respect for the commitment to positive community building vibes, even if much of said community personally repulses me.

Attending the gatherings was fun. However, working for Psychopathic Records and Nelson Ledges Quarry Park where the gatherings in 03 - 05 were held, really shone a light on the "juggalo". They are the most vile beings I have ever witnessed. Seriously, there may be a small hand full of decent humans in sub culture, but for the most part, they are terrible people. They are violent, rude, disrespectful. Ugh, I could go on for hours. Again, watching the show ans spectacle the bands put on was something special and seriously epic, but the scene is just pathetic.

I'm glad you confirmed my completely-unfounded-in-fact-but-somehow-felt-right assumption that going to the Gathering would be roughly akin to sharing a tent (or a cell) with G.G. Allin and Lisa Suckdog for a long weekend. I can't imagine any given point in my life where I'd think to myself "MAN, if I could just spend this whole weekend covered in someone else's blood and feces, my life would be complete...."
  • Dogmatix
  • D10
  • Unmitigated Gaul!
02 Mar 2012 17:00 #118223

Dogmatix wrote:
I can't imagine any given point in my life where I'd think to myself "MAN, if I could just spend this whole weekend covered in someone else's blood and feces, my life would be complete...."

And this is why it never will be...
- Matt Loter: Internet Social Justice Warrior or Idealist Thug?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds
Text Size