October 09, 2023
2779 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2927 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
11 Sep 2016 00:57 #233913 by Michael Barnes
Did you not get the memo Erik? BUY CHAOS MARAUDERS NOW before it is too late. Everything else can wait!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 08:20 #233917 by PavingMantis
I know you guys are making a run on Talisman, how about Relic? I have the base game, are the expansions worth picking up? I read some "meh" stuff about them earlier which put me off initially.

More
11 Sep 2016 09:24 #233920 by stoic

Michael Barnes wrote: Did you not get the memo Erik? BUY CHAOS MARAUDERS NOW before it is too late. Everything else can wait!

Chaos Marauders makes for a great gift so long as it is accompanied by two cases of your favorite beer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
11 Sep 2016 20:12 - 11 Sep 2016 20:13 #233943 by Cranberries
I just placed a pre-order for the 2nd edition of Robinson Crusoe. I guess we'll see if it arrives in November and if my family will play it with me. I read that the rules were rewritten and there are 400 revisions to the cards.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 20:13 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
11 Sep 2016 20:19 #233944 by ioticus

cranaic wrote: I just placed a pre-order for the 2nd edition of Robinson Crusoe. I guess we'll see if it arrives in November and if my family will play it with me. I read that the rules were rewritten and there are 400 revisions to the cards.

Good fucking god, I guess my first edition is crap now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Gregarius

More
12 Sep 2016 08:04 #233964 by JEM
I got some of the last SHDA packs from CSI, and Fury of Dracula due to FOMO. I also bought Rune Age due to Mr White's post about the deal on Amazon, and I've got Seikigahara and Grand Prix on the way from GMT P500 pre-orders. Grand Prix was a long time coming- I had even cancelled my pre-order two years ago before signing back up this year.

More
14 Sep 2016 12:24 #234236 by JEM
Dracula order cancelled. FOMO fading. Instead I ordered Ginkgopolis.

More
14 Sep 2016 16:46 - 14 Sep 2016 16:51 #234259 by Almalik
Out went a Sentinels of the Multiverse promo card. With the funds and a little extra I picked up:

A Kickstarter copy of Aetherium with some extra blisters of units. I'd been craving a new miniatures game box set, and had been keeping an eye out for this after reading Charlie's review, choosing it over something like Maelstrom's Edge or Beyond the gates of Antares. waiting for it to show up.
A still on the sprue copy of Stormcloud Attack (the Eldar v Ork box). It's been a while since I picked up any new-ish GW stuff - usually I'm stripping paint and rebasing someone else's crap. Looks pretty fancy and the ships are bigger than I expected (at least on the sprues).
And speaking of stripping paint off of minis, a decent sized Ogre Kingdoms starter army with possibly the worst paint jobs I've ever seen in person. Huge globs of paint everywhere, bu the price was right. The first batch cleaned up nicely after soaking in Dettol, and it's nice to know that whatever I do with them, they've seen worse.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 16:51 by Almalik.

More
14 Sep 2016 16:51 #234260 by charlest
Yes Aetherium is awesome. Itching to play that some more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
14 Sep 2016 17:13 #234262 by DukeofChutney
Pulled the trigger on Forbidden Stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Sep 2016 17:19 #234263 by Josh Look

PavingMantis wrote: I know you guys are making a run on Talisman, how about Relic? I have the base game, are the expansions worth picking up? I read some "meh" stuff about them earlier which put me off initially.

Both expansions are worth having. Nemesis is good, but Halls of Terra is awesome!

More
14 Sep 2016 17:26 #234265 by Josh Look

JEM wrote: Dracula order cancelled. FOMO fading. Instead I ordered Ginkgopolis.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................you did WHAT?! Fury of Dracula is one the best games ever made. I fell asleep just trying to pronounce Ginkgopolis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelitmon

More
14 Sep 2016 17:28 #234267 by Matt Thrower
Just bought both the Blood Bowl: Team Manager expansions on a whim even though I hardly play the base game. Foul Play looks to be getting quite hard to find so I just went for it when I located a copy.

Feeling a bit stupid now and significantly poorer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Sep 2016 17:42 - 14 Sep 2016 17:48 #234269 by Matt Thrower

ioticus wrote:

cranaic wrote: I just placed a pre-order for the 2nd edition of Robinson Crusoe. I guess we'll see if it arrives in November and if my family will play it with me. I read that the rules were rewritten and there are 400 revisions to the cards.

Good fucking god, I guess my first edition is crap now.

The words "upgrade kit" are looming large in my imagination.

EDIT: allegedly all the changes are just for clarity and the game play is identical. I find it hard to believe a game could have FOUR HUNDRED pieces of trivial errata but there you go. Maybe that's what happens when you translate from Polish.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 17:48 by Matt Thrower.

More
14 Sep 2016 17:55 - 14 Sep 2016 17:55 #234273 by Gary Sax
I preordered the GOTY and played the shit out of my original copy, I'll let you know when I get it...
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 17:55 by Gary Sax.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.747 seconds