October 09, 2023
2693 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2860 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

[PbF] Funnel World!

More
22 Nov 2013 19:39 #165828 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gerdga
I grip the shaft of my pickaxe nervously. I shift from side to side, anxious to look for my son. Eyes darting the landscape.

"Oi! Can we get started or what?!" I shout from the crowd.

Othilde
I nod my head to the constable's words, but for the most part their meaning is lost on me. I look around to the rest of the group for clues on how to react. I make non-committal grunts and miscue nodding my head several times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2013 22:24 - 22 Nov 2013 22:26 #165837 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Valga
Describe the holy symbol of your goddess, Nyajba.

Solvi
You scan the runs and the immediate surroundings for anything that might be of use. The group stands at the south edge of the lava field that drapes the Fell like a black cloak, flowing through the gaps in the network of rock walls and broken structures, in some places 4-5 feet deep. There may well be things of value within the ruins, but it will take closer investigation to find them.

Gerdga
You step to a nearby fallen column and whack the hard lava that surrounds it. A tiny bit of the porous rock breaks off. you take another, stronger whack and loosen a chunk of the crust about the size of a biscuit. This stuff pretty thick on the ground, but it's brittle. With enough time and effort, and the right tools, it could be removed.

You're not sure what took off the tops of the columns that are still standing. You suppose anything could happen over several hundred years of exposure on the mountainside

Everyone
Leading the crowd: Arkif
In the front of the crowd: Brother Thunke, Ligri, Illdauga, Hafle
In the middle of the crowd: Valga, Fride, Solvi, Gunnva, Thorgana, Steini, Gera, Gudfu, Etirr, Gerdga, Othilde
in the back of the crowd: Salbja, Jorda

The lava field and ruins lay stretched out before you.

What do you do?
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 22:26 by Jason Lutes.

More
22 Nov 2013 23:51 #165839 by DukeofChutney
Brother Thunke

"Very well then, lets get to this task, Fodar be with us."

Thunke sets off into the ruins, picking his way over the lava field. He moves cautiously poking the ground, and magma rock with his staff as he goes. He looks over the ground and the ruins trying to bring back older memories of monastery layout, where would the cloister have been? where was the chapter house? can he find an entrance to go deeper?

Ligri

Looks around nervously and then decides to stick close to Arkif, he looks like he knows what hes doing.

More
23 Nov 2013 01:11 #165844 by the_jake_1973
Hafle

This religious figure intrigues me. "Padre, tell me of this ...Fodder of yours. *cough* I have not heard of him in my travels." I stay close to Brother Thunke, hoping to engage him in conversation as we pick our way through the lava field.

Illaudga

I am fiercely glad that the horrible lava did not spread further into the trees. The destruction seems immense. I follow along behind our constable and look at the flow pattern to see if I can determine the source. That may indicate an opening of some sort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
23 Nov 2013 06:34 - 23 Nov 2013 06:35 #165850 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!

Jason Lutes wrote: Valga
Describe the holy symbol of your goddess, Nyajba.
It is a round stone orb the size of a peach. Countless eyes are etched in rows into the stone. it is round to represent Nyabja's eternal journey and the eyes represent Her neverending search for Her twin brother. It is held in a leather pouch around Valga's neck.

What do you do?

Fride
(seeing a pile of rubble) "Well, mebbe there's some'in' useful we can find in that. Come Yamir!" (I head over to the pile of tower rubble and begin to search it for tools/weapons).

Valga
I slowly move with the crowd towards the ruins, holding my staff in one hand and my other still on my talisman. I scan the sky for anything odd.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 06:35 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
23 Nov 2013 09:28 - 24 Nov 2013 22:30 #165853 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Solvi
Generally follow the crowd. If we come near any important looking partial buildings, especially anything ornately decorated---break off and peer into any accessible ruins that appear to be of significant or important buildings

Jorda
Follow the crowd from my position in the rear---I assume we're advancing into the lava field.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2013 22:30 by Gary Sax.

More
23 Nov 2013 18:25 #165859 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gergda
I try to get close to Thorgana. "I expect you know a thing or two about mining," I say. "This lava is fairly brittle, if we find something suspicious I expect it wouldn't take much to dig it out." I scan the lava rock for anything that looks out of the ordinary.

Othilde
I shuffle along with the pack, trusting our leader. I keep quiet. I pick my nose.

More
23 Nov 2013 19:03 - 23 Nov 2013 19:04 #165860 by Da Bid Dabid
Steini:
Not quite used to being in such a large group, I slowly distance myself and move to the periphery. I carefully scan the area surrounding the ruins looking for newly cut trail or lasting signs of some other recent activity.

Gera:
Stays with the crowd, waiting for an order or call for assistance.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 19:04 by Da Bid Dabid. Reason: added recent

More
23 Nov 2013 21:18 - 23 Nov 2013 23:32 #165862 by Jason Lutes
Replied by Jason Lutes on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a few points of clarification for the thread, so we're all on the same page. Da Bid Dabid PM'd me with some questions to which everyone would probably like to know the answers.

As you've seen, l will post narrative text in italics, and put questions or prompts that need responses in bold.

Out-of-character (OOC) commentary is totally fine for this thread. Everything that follows one of your character's bolded names should be in-character, but anything you post before that, or any post that does not include a bolded character name, will be considered OOC. Feel free to talk about whatever you want -- we should converse, joke, ask rules questions, etc. just like we might if we were sitting around a table together.

I will address narrative posts to "everyone" or to specific characters. Whenever I ask everyone what they do, it helps me if you post something for each of your characters even if they do nothing (i.e., "I wait to see what happens"), just so I can track who has chimed in and who hasn't.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of that.

Thanks!

PS So far everyone is doing a great job, everything is proceeding as it should.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 23:32 by Jason Lutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Da Bid Dabid

More
24 Nov 2013 13:55 #165878 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: [PbF] Funnel World!
Gudfu

Mutters to herself 'I wish these idiots would get on with it....'. Looks around, finds herself staring at Brother Thunkes arse for rather too long. Looking for some kind of entrance to the depths (not Brother Thunkes arse...the monastery, in case anyone was wondering).

Etirr

Still doesn't really understand WTF is going on and remains convinced all these people are out to help him get his marriage papers. Essie and Etirr follow the general crowd with some occasional kissing as they are newly wed.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds