October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2741 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

FFG announces - Imperial Assault

More
16 Aug 2014 02:07 #185059 by Not Sure
This is the same old bullshit we always hear.

The most interesting thing in this thread is that Southernman hit a Thank You on a post a few pages back.

I thought the old man was gone forever, but he lives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors, VonTush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2014 02:13 #185060 by bomber
Is it FFG that does that annual stupidly cheap megasale every year?

More
16 Aug 2014 02:42 #185062 by VonTush

Not Sure wrote: This is the same old bullshit we always hear.

The most interesting thing in this thread is that Southernman hit a Thank You on a post a few pages back.

I thought the old man was gone forever, but he lives.

I thought the same thing...It was one of mine and at that moment, I knew today was going to be a good day.

Even after my absurd experience in a restaurant tonight...It involved sparks and a Mexican place running out of tortillas.

More
16 Aug 2014 03:53 - 16 Aug 2014 03:54 #185063 by bomber

Hex Sinister wrote:

black inferno wrote:

Hex Sinister wrote: For the record, before two years ago I owned absolutely ZERO Star Wars lisenced products. It's an empty niche

It's pretty cool of Lucasfilm to finally license the Star Wars brand to a third party.

Alright, wiseguy. Name 3 really good Star Wars board or miniature games in print right now that you could recommend to us all?

Also fuck off with the fat comments. Are you like 12? I know some cool dudes who are fat.

I nominate this for most hilarious ironic post of the year so far. Maybe you'll want to reread this one Hex, you seem at first to be trying to be a good guy, then you ask if the guy is 12, but then your last sentence is about the most offensive thing you could have possibly said on this subject.

(if you didn't get it, why the fuck are you qualifying "some" dudes coolness despite them being fat? What the fuck has body weight got to do with anyones "coolness". Also, who, over the age of 12, describes males as "dudes" and rates them in a scale of "coolness"

come on, man up Hex! someone had to call you out on this ;-)
Last edit: 16 Aug 2014 03:54 by bomber.

More
16 Aug 2014 07:02 #185064 by DukeofChutney
Does X Com show that they haven't entirely abandoned the single game model? It might have expansions, but any game might.

imo you can make a case for criticism if people feel the need to buy multiple copies of the base set to get the proper experience, but otherwise i'm not so sure.

More
16 Aug 2014 07:38 #185065 by Bull Nakano
If FFG wants a finger in every pie where's the 45 minute Star Wars German game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors, wadenels

More
16 Aug 2014 07:58 #185066 by mads b.
I recently bought Battlelore 2nd edition and it's a hell of a game. It's better than Memoir '44 and waaaay better than the rather boring first edition of Battlelore. One of the reasons for this is the customizable setup where you each pick an objective and then quickly build an army around that. I've only played it around ten times or so, but I can already see that having more armies/units to choose from would make the game more fun in the long run. So I was very happy to see new expansions announced. Now, if no expansions had been announced, would that have diminished in any way the fun I have had with the game so far? Of course not.

Descent 2nd edition is another very good game. Some of you might not like it, but it's gotten really great reviews and there's a ton of replayability in just the core set. And with a SW game based on this system including very cool minis, how is this bad? How is making a good game a cash cow? I could understand the anger if FFG had made some really sucky games with the license, but it doesn't seem to be the case. They use the SW license to make good games for chrissakes. You all rave about X-wing, their LCG is great and Imperial Assault is built on one of their most succesful games ever and even has two different play modes included in the base game. So how is using their license to make more potentially good games bad?

One last thing: shut up about Terrinoth. If you look at the world building that's been done just by Runebound and Rune Wars, it's actually quite interesting with some new takes on both races, magic, and events. For a world that's only been shaped by games, I think it's becoming more and more impressive and not as derivative as you're making it to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bull Nakano

More
16 Aug 2014 07:59 #185067 by wadenels

Bull Nakano wrote: If FFG wants a finger in every pie where's the 45 minute Star Wars German game?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=1271&esem=1

Ewok Village

2-4 players compete to build the most sustainable Ewok habitat. Players will need to gather basic resources such as vines and put their Ewoks to work to produce materials such as rope and other building materials. Work quickly though, because valuable tree space is limited.

Features a natural tree bark dice cup.

Q1 2015

The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors, Msample, DukeofChutney, Bull Nakano

More
16 Aug 2014 09:16 #185070 by Gary Sax

Bull Nakano wrote: If FFG wants a finger in every pie where's the 45 minute Star Wars German game?

True, Knizia is always available to hack together a shitty licensed game.

More
16 Aug 2014 09:19 #185071 by Josh Look

Michael Barnes wrote: Ugh, I dunno...the Star Wars thing makes me lower my guard, the Descent thing makes me put it back up. I do not have any desire to play a game anything like Descent any time soon. I'd rather this be something like the D&DAS games- easy to play, fun, not a lot of bullshit, not four hours per sit-down. Which does not match the Descent sell sheet at all. Guardedly pessimistic.

You really should take a look at 2nd edition. Matt Loter and I hated first for the same reasons you do, we both really like 2nd though. Only knock that I have against the base game is that the scenarios are a little repetitive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, southernman

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds