October 09, 2023
2590 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2786 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

FFG announces - Imperial Assault

More
16 Aug 2014 19:42 #185114 by scissors
Based on Look's snide comment, it clearly needs a behavin like an asshole button too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2014 19:44 #185115 by phandec

scissors wrote: Based on Look's snide comment, it clearly needs a behavin like an asshole button too.

I believe that is what the "Thank You" button is for.

More
16 Aug 2014 19:54 #185118 by black inferno

Hex Sinister wrote: He was going on with that "fat aspie gamer" shit which is real stale. Regardless, I shouldn't have been rude about it. Nor should I have let it annoy me so let's attribute all of it to an episode of mental space docking.

I don't think you know the true spirit of Friday Freakout brah

More
16 Aug 2014 20:08 #185120 by Hex Sinister
Yeah, you're probably right as it's never been my cup o' tea.

Let's all get back to the "Is FFG IMPLODING??" F:AT Autumn 2014 edition =P

More
16 Aug 2014 20:24 - 16 Aug 2014 20:28 #185123 by Josh Look

scissors wrote: Based on Look's snide comment, it clearly needs a behavin like an asshole button too.

Eh. Terrinoth _IS_ bland. Defending it seems silly.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2014 20:28 by Josh Look.

More
16 Aug 2014 20:39 - 16 Aug 2014 20:41 #185124 by VonTush

madwookiee wrote:

mads b. wrote: I recently bought Battlelore 2nd edition and it's a hell of a game. It's better than Memoir '44 and waaaay better than the rather boring first edition of Battlelore. One of the reasons for this is the customizable setup where you each pick an objective and then quickly build an army around that. I've only played it around ten times or so, but I can already see that having more armies/units to choose from would make the game more fun in the long run. So I was very happy to see new expansions announced. Now, if no expansions had been announced, would that have diminished in any way the fun I have had with the game so far? Of course not.

Battlelore is my case in point though. The near-rage of Battlelore fans on BGG who had gone months without hearing about an expansion was mind boggling. There's no way that most of them could have played out the base set - and yet, clamoring for more like they should be in a 12 step program. Some were even commenting that they wanted to buy the game but wouldn't until they knew whether it would be supported by expansions. What the hell? That's why I'm saying that, for a chunk of people, not all, the buying is as much the hobby as the playing.

Can any of you honestly say that's not fucked up on some fundamental level? This has nothing to do with FFG. It's a comment about the market. FFG is simply reacting to it.

So I've been in the market for a car (not really but work with me here). There's features that I want. There's a model that I like. Sadly though that model doesn't have all the features I desire. BUT next year's model is rumored to...Lucky me! Especially since I'm not needing a car at the moment so I can wait for the model I like to have all the features I want before I buy.

In other words...Every market has this where a consumer must weigh the features the current models has, what potential features future models may have and what they're willing to sacrifice.

As far as buying rather than playing...To each their own. I could go industry by industry, market to market and provide examples of "craziness". Have you see Jay Leno's car collection?
Last edit: 16 Aug 2014 20:41 by VonTush.

More
17 Aug 2014 00:01 #185141 by Space Ghost

Josh Look wrote:

Eh. Terrinoth _IS_ bland. Defending it seems silly.

It's bland, but it is unique, at least. If nothing more, than what Sax is saying about it not being all dark and grim. And, at least the magic system and races are unique.

But, what do we expect? It is a world and setting created solely from board games. That is a tough medium to create a fully fleshed out world.

More
17 Aug 2014 01:08 #185146 by Bull Nakano
I've never had a problem with Terrinoth and always think folks are dorks when they complain about not liking it.

More
17 Aug 2014 06:20 #185149 by DukeofChutney
Terrinoth is lame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
17 Aug 2014 08:00 #185156 by Msample
Not only does FFG react to the consumer market with all the expandable game franchises, it is most likely serving the dealer market as well. While it can be argued that the coffin box craze mainly drove online business due to the high price point and infrequent publishing cycle, the LCG and minis systems out now feature low price points and frequent publication cycles. This has got to be a boon for brick and mortar stores, who desperately seek traffic drivers. Most of these items are at an impulse buy price point .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, VonTush, wadenels

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds